Missouri State University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.8

Student Worker Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Missouri State University.

I began working for the Missouri State Bookstore as a temporary position, they where looking for short term text reservation help therefore had very standard process with typical strength/ weakness questions. I was taking into a conference room at the Bookstore and interviewed. Once accepted with a call there was a training orientation before beginning. After the Text Reservation process I was grandfathered into a part-time position because of my ability to work hard.

Interview Questions
    Set offer of minimum wage no negotiation

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Missouri State University.

Very formal, asked a bunch of behavioral questions. I just went through my prior experience and career goals. After a couple of days they got back to me with an offer.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Missouri State University.

Self Recommendations

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are related to the grade or experience receive from a subject.   Answer Question

Web Works Student Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Missouri State University.

I sent an email off, replying to one of the mass emails which go out occasionally. I had one interview and was offered the job.

No negotiation. At the time, I was just happy to get a job offer after being unemployed for more than a year.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview process was rather easy as I needed to talk with the graduate director of the comms department. Very friendly and easy to do.

Interview Questions
    • Again, interview process was easy and just needed to touch on my educational background and future goals.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Missouri State University in April 2013.

Pretty standard hiring process: filling out application form, got contacted by the office specialist, scheduling interview, preparing for interview, waiting for the result for about a week, and was informed that I had been hired.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Missouri State University.

After applying on line you will wait anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to be called in for an interview. 4-5 candidates will be interviewed and they will select the one that is desperate enough to accept their salary, health benefit and retirement package. Once hired you will be assigned an office and will have to spend a couple of days filling out a lot of paperwork for HR, watching videos about sexual harassment, covering the employee handbook and getting a crash course in their health insurance plan (which you won't remember by the time you need to use it anyway).

Interview Questions
    • Just the standard customary interview questions. "Why would you be good for this job?" "Have you every participated in any kind of team event?" "Give an example of adversity and how you overcame it?" Bla, bla bla......   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. They don't have the power to negotiate with you. You either take what they offer or you go on.

Student Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Missouri State University in July 2011.

The director of the department conducted the interview. The interview was casual, not intimidating. She provided relevant information about the department and the position in addition to the interview questions. Further, she answered all the questions I had about the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when faced with a problem you don't understand?   View Answer
    Before moving in to the desired development position, I was hired on for an intermediary helpdesk position, with the chance of advancement after getting more experience. It was a hit to the ego but well worth it to swallow my pride and pay my dues.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Missouri State University in March 2010.

It was long and drawn out.

Tutor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Missouri State University.

apply through school employment website, then get a phone call to interview. only one interview with one interviewer, asking basic info, what subject i want to tutor, whether i enjoy working with teenagers. The first question is to tell the interviewer what i know about their organization. the interviewer was very nice and explained all things