Missouri State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

ESL Conseling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer interviewed me face to face, told me more information about the position and asked me related questions. Than she asked me to wait for the manager. But the manager was busy at that time, so she let me leave first and told me she would imform me the interviewing answer in the end of this week.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have before?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missouri State University.

Interview

1. phone interview first with 4 people; asked a few basic screening questions 2. 2-day campus interview with vice president, dean and faculty members/graduate students; very friendly school (with welcome basket in the hotel room and everything); a large campus;

Interview Questions

• why you apply; what classes you can teach; your research plan   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Missouri State University.

Interview

I began working for the Missouri State Bookstore as a temporary position, they where looking for short term text reservation help therefore had very standard process with typical strength/ weakness questions. I was taking into a conference room at the Bookstore and interviewed. Once accepted with a call there was a training orientation before beginning. After the Text Reservation process I was grandfathered into a part-time position because of my ability to work hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set offer of minimum wage no negotiation

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Missouri State University.

Interview

Very formal, asked a bunch of behavioral questions. I just went through my prior experience and career goals. After a couple of days they got back to me with an offer.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Self Recommendations

Interview Questions

• Most questions are related to the grade or experience receive from a subject.   Answer Question

Web Works Student Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO).

Interview

I sent an email off, replying to one of the mass emails which go out occasionally. I had one interview and was offered the job.

Negotiation

No negotiation. At the time, I was just happy to get a job offer after being unemployed for more than a year.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview process was rather easy as I needed to talk with the graduate director of the comms department. Very friendly and easy to do.

Interview Questions

• Again, interview process was easy and just needed to touch on my educational background and future goals.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard hiring process: filling out application form, got contacted by the office specialist, scheduling interview, preparing for interview, waiting for the result for about a week, and was informed that I had been hired.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Application, then full day event with all the other applicants. The day is spent testing teamwork skills, decision making process through scenarios and priority lists. After words is the job interview itself. All three events are used to determine employment.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you would like to get your residents involved on campus?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO).

Interview

After applying on line you will wait anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to be called in for an interview. 4-5 candidates will be interviewed and they will select the one that is desperate enough to accept their salary, health benefit and retirement package. Once hired you will be assigned an office and will have to spend a couple of days filling out a lot of paperwork for HR, watching videos about sexual harassment, covering the employee handbook and getting a crash course in their health insurance plan (which you won't remember by the time you need to use it anyway).

Interview Questions

• Just the standard customary interview questions. "Why would you be good for this job?" "Have you every participated in any kind of team event?" "Give an example of adversity and how you overcame it?" Bla, bla bla......   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. They don't have the power to negotiate with you. You either take what they offer or you go on.