Missouri University of Science and Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014
8 interviews

2.3

Student Assistant Interview

First you have to send a resume. Then if selected you will have a 30 min interview with the employer. The interviewer will ask details about the job and about your experiences related to your job.You will be given time to give your answers and it will all be written down by them so they can screen later on. And if you are selected you will be notified by mail.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can contribute to the job and how will the department benefit from it?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I had a face to face interview with my advisors and they give a chance to come here study and work for some companies, this is good chance to get practical skills. You should prepare well especially for your own area of study.

Interview Questions
    • There would be some general questions like do you think if you will be the leader of the industry? you should be careful with your resume and your GPA since these two parts are really important as it represent your past studying.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology in August 2009.

I am a physics graduate student. I took an appointment to meet the professor. He explained to me about his research. He asked me about my skills. He accepted me as his student.

No negotiation

Lab Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolla, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology in July 2011.

Did not have an interview process. Was asked if I would like to work in the lab and I agreed.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolla, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology in August 2009.

I had applied online for PhD candidate in December 2007. Heard back from university in 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Process is pretty straight forward and follow up through email   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rolla, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology in October 2011.

I had to do a behavioral interview 1:1, then 1 week later, they did a skills interview over the phone, then 1 week later, I have to do an on-site interview for more skills testing.

Interview Questions
    • When have you failed at something, and how did you come back from that?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology in March 2010.

Attended on campus career fair and was selected for on campus interview. The interview was held the next week in a University building. Interviewed by someone in managerial position in the company. I was asked to go through my resume. The interview went very well. Since the job description was not given during career fair screening section, and later at the interview I found out that I was interviewing for an office assistant position, which was quite disappointing. By the end of the interview the interviewer felt that I was quite over qualified. Since obviously I was not interested in the job, I have declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very easy, however I believe that it is important for everyone to be ready to explain every term you have in your resume.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Missouri University of Science and Technology in April 2009.

For positions as research assistants, the key is to meet a professor that has a research project and funding. Learn about their project as well as their research area. Also, demonstrate a knowledge or willingness to learn their research interests. The interview is the least important part and is mostly a formality. Really, it is the relationship you've built with the professor and the impression you've left with the professor that matter. I got my position because I was an outstanding student in this professor's class and spoke with the professor often. I interviewed for the position by sitting with two professors that were running research funded by a grant. We went over the points on my resume, discussed my research interests/techniques I've used, discussed my future education plans, and discussed my organizational skills. It was mostly informal. However, interviews vary greatly depending on department and professor.

Interview Questions
    Salaries are pretty standard across departments. I would suggest asking other GRAs/GTAs in that department what they make. It can vary by experience, however, so keep that in mind. Also, some will be quarter-time RAs and others may be half-time RAs. Half-time RAs will be paid more because they are expected to work 20hrs per week (instead of just 10hr). However, salary is a stipend, so you may work 60hrs one week and 5 hrs the next (but you will get paid the same each week).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Missouri University of Science and Technology

Worked for Missouri University of Science and Technology? Contribute to the Community!