Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.2

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in June 2014.

Sent in my resume online. Was contacted by a female (cannot remember her name) for a face to face interview. I went to the interview with Dan from HR and Ben the controller. Dan went in and out of the interview several times. All the questions were fairly simple. It was very relaxed. I never heard anything back of a decision even though I was told I would be contacted either way. I even sent a follow up email but received no response from that either. Not very professional in the follow up process.

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in April 2014.

Had a face to face interview. Questions were fairly easy to answer. No trick questions. Very straightforward. Was not notified of the company's decision.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in August 2013.

I interviewed at the SoHo store (for a position at another location).. Very beautiful, everyone was very polite and professional and greeted me when I entered and when I left. The interview was ok.. filled with really generic retail questions. I didn't get much feedback from the interviewer during our meeting. He kind of had a poker face... HR asked me for references afterwards (which is usually a sign they want to move forward) but I never heard from anyone again, despite several follow-up attempts.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the thing your employees dislike about you the most?   View Answer

Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in July 2013.

I first Interviewed with General Manger, and then with Operations Manager, and Sales Manager. Each interview was very relaxed and lasted for less that an hour each. I felt certain I was going to be hired from the very first interview. They accomodated my giving notice with my old employer, which I very much appreciated.

Regional Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in June 2013.

Sent in resume and was contacted by Dan G. and requested phone interview. Post a good phone interview where he knew nothing about sales or the sales process was asked to meet with him and National Account Manager Katie in person at a downtown hotel.
    Interview was ok. When I asked detailed questions about their sales metrics and what the goals were the manager said there really are no goals just go to the accounts and train them on new products. This just blew me away. After asking multiple questions about sales process and such there were just deer in the head light looks. My final question is how do they have fun at work....again we just do our jobs and keep in touch via email. Here's the kicker of it all. After the interview concluded the manager asked if she could follow up with me the next day...I said of course thinking this was a good sign. When I did not receive a call I phoned asking if she wanted to schedule a time. NOTHING BACK. I emailed the HR person and NOTHING. I waited a few more days emailed and called again and NOTHING! After two weeks I sent a hand written letter to the owners of the company telling them how disrespected I felt not even getting a email or phone call letting me know they went in another direction... Again I heard nothing back from the owners then a week later...I received a poorly written email from Dan G. explaining they decided not to hire a person in Chicago! The experience was a huge waste of time and energy only to be disrespected as an applicant and potential employee. PASS on this company or if you are lucky enough to get hired just know you don't have to work just travel and stay in nice hotels and spend time with sales people.. This is a hardly a career move.

Interview Questions
    • How do you like to travel? Where do you like to stay. ALL DUMB QUESTIONS   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in September 2012.

This were 2 appointments first with the VP of Sales and the second with the two owners. They were personable enough but one was definitely uninterested in being there as he was sorting some business cards while they sat across the table from me during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I actually don't remember any questions asked during the process. I was more my asking about their training system so that I would learn how to do their purchasing system/ordering system.   View Answer
    It was stated that was the level everyone started and that I couldn't stay in school if it interfered with the times they wanted me to work