Mitchell International

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.9

Multiple Software Positions Interview

The HR department of the company is one of the worst that I have come across. They schedule interviews for positions that were not even open and do not give any responses for months. When you try to be in touch with the HR people, they just simply don't answer your calls and do not reply to the emails. Basically its like once you are interviewed, you are no longer respected and the HR department becomes rude with you.
    Its their job to tell each candidate they interviewed about the final decision(if they ever have a final decision)! But they don't do their job well!!

Senior Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mitchell International.

Had one phone interview with the Senior Recruiter. Very pleasant, began the interview by asking me to walk her through my background. Followed up with more specific questions to understand how my experience might fit the role, and was very candid when answering my questions about culture, environment, etc. Although I did not make it to the next level of interviews, the recruiter did get back to me as promised. I appreciated her level of professionalism.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International in January 2015.

Phone interview, then Skype interview with three team members, online assessment, then case presentation. The case presentation was the most difficult part but you are allowed to work with a member of the Mitchell team to fine tune and review your presentation. The presentation tests your composure and analytical skills.

Interview Questions
    • (The case) How would you be able to prove your theory against someone else's?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mitchell International.

I applied to Mitchell in the winter of 2013

1. Phone screen
    2. Phone Interview with three employees that were in the role.
    3. I was presented with a case study to analyze some data to develop a course forward after that I presented the case via skype.
    4. HR Test and References

Interview Questions

I received another job offer for a company that had a mission that was more aligned with my personal values.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International.

Passed 2 rounds of phone screening interviews, asked about my experience so be familiar with your resume is important. Final round was given data to analyse a case, to give solution to increase sale. The interview was set up by skype. The interviewer was late for 15 mins and was really rude.

Business Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter to a personal email that was available on a posting. I was sent an email requesting a phone interview.

During the phone interview they wanted to know why I was interested in Mitchell and asked about my previous experience as a teacher. I was informed that the salary is a non-negotiable 57,500 for the position.

I agreed to continue in the process and was set-up with a Skype interview with a three person team. They continued to ask about my previous experience and allowed me time to answer questions.

The following day after the interview I was informed that I was no longer being considered.

They informed me that the process was as follows:

1. Initial phone screen
    2. Skype
    3. Hr test
    4. Case study followed by a presentation

I'm not sure what I said or did during the interview to not make it, but during the skype call the Internet connection was weak so we couldn't use the video.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mitchell International in October 2014.

Company representatives came for a campus visit looking for possible candidates. They hosted a session that lasted 2 hours and interviewed everyone that attended the following two days. The interview was mainly a behavioral one with no technical question. They are only interested in Juniors and Seniors.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly about why do you want to work with them and what do you know.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International.

Mitchell has a byzantine interview process. Like many companies, the team members candidates need to meet are very busy. Since there are so many individual interviews scheduling can be difficult. It was not unusual for the process to take several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for a timed writing exercise and questions that test logic and critical thinking.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International.

I was referred by a friend. The hiring manager initially called me in for an informal chat. Then the recruiter arranged an interview. The interview lasted 2 hours and had 4 interviews - one technical by a senior developer, 2 manager interviews and one with a VP. The process was fast, organized and simple.

Interview Questions
    The offer was good. I did not negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International.

Group interview with supervisors and director (3 people total). Most of the questions were regarding my personality, how I would deal with some situations and a bit about the BA process and what made me the best fit person for the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotitations since it was my first job as a BA, I just took it!