Mitchell International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mitchell International.

Interview Details – After the initial HR review, you will likely go through several quick interviews with people from various departments. Finally, you may have a more extensive 1-on-1 with your potential supervisor.

Interview Question – What do you know about 'X' product?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mitchell International in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic phone interview. Generic questions and got called back a few days later for an in person interview. Talked about resume and interest in MItchell. Very generic.

Interview Question – Knew I wasn't too committed from the start. Didn't go that well. Lasted about an hour.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mitchell International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received call from internal recruiter after applying via LinkedIn. Scheduled onsite interview with hiring manager and to-be colleague on a Thursday. 3+ hours interview/conversation that ended with "let's continue the conversation - you will hear back from us no later than Monday".

Recruiter(s) - there were 3 individuals involved - asked me to complete an essay that addresses their core values and beliefs. Spent time over the weekend away from family and sent as asked. Followed up with email to all 3 recruiters to confirm receipt. Also left voice messages for recruiters and hiring manager. No response and no confirmation from ANY of them.

Was impressed with the facilities and the 2 people I met with but the overall experience was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questioning.   Answer Question

Operations Director Interview

Operations Director
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mitchell International in January 2010.

Interview Details – Will be contacted by HR, HR phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, panel interview, Sr. VP screen, and CTO screen.

Interview Question – How do you handle less qualified or poor performing employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible but make sure you prepare your information based on Glassdoor and other reliable comps not just on a whim.

Financial Analyst Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mitchell International in August 2008.

Interview Details – Temporary agency was used by hiring company to locate temp-to-perm candidates and advertised in the newspaper want ads. After responding to the ad, Initial interviews and testing were done at temp agency and results forwarded. Interviewed with VP of Finance. Received offer letter soon thereafter. Took time to consider the offer as salary was significantly lower than expected, however decided there were more pros than cons.

Interview Question – Questions were run-of-the-mill, standard interview topics. Unexpected lack of more specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward negotiation but paid less than expected. Make sure the job you interview for is the job you will be doing.

Accounts Payable Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mitchell International in May 2009.

Interview Details – Came into this position as temp to hire. Interview process was fairly short since the agency i temped for asked most of the preliminary questions. I was placed in the position after brief discussion of my past experience which was very little. Manager seemed pleasant at the time.

Interview Question – Would you accept the position for less than the posted salary?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mitchell International in May 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a special dev technical lead position

Management Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Mitchell International in February 2012.

Interview Details – Employee referral. Traded multiple voice/emails with recruiter. Pattern was to email me and want immediate availability, then would not hear from recruiter for weeks. This went on for several months. Scheduled for back to back interviews with seven different staff. Sent application, reference check and requested write essay on six core values to complete within three days.

Suggestion: Essay and reference checks only when have short list of candidates to determine their fit into "the Mitchell Way", not to all candidates. Impractical for candidates unless they are called in for second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Convince me why you should get this job.   Answer Question
  • Describe a scenario with under performing staff and how you turned that situation around.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mitchell International in January 2012.

Interview Details – Met through University Job Fair. Wasn't looking for them but got called up about a month afterwards. There was an HR phone screen + Manager phone interview + Panel Interview. They seemed really excited about me and I was also excited about working here. The people were friendly, the building looked awesome. I interviewed with 5 people onsite.

Interview Questions

• You have an multi-dimensional array of zeros and ones. After any 1, you won't see any more one's in that row. How would I process that array, what's the run time, and can we make it better?   Answer Question
  • What makes you a better candidate than other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be afraid to negotiate...I wasn't. I basically named my range and they gave me the bottom of that range as an offer. Works for me.

Marketing Specialist Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mitchell International in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR after applying online. After passing the first screening phone interview, a written essay about the company's values is required, along with other written documents. 1:1 interview with the hiring manager is the next. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Question – How do you relate to Mitchell's core values?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mitchell International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mitchell International interview questions and advice in San Diego, CA. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mitchell International employees and interview candidates.