Mitchell International

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter to a personal email that was available on a posting. I was sent an email requesting a phone interview.

During the phone interview they wanted to know why I was interested in Mitchell and asked about my previous experience as a teacher. I was informed that the salary is a non-negotiable 57,500 for the position.

I agreed to continue in the process and was set-up with a Skype interview with a three person team. They continued to ask about my previous experience and allowed me time to answer questions.

The following day after the interview I was informed that I was no longer being considered.

They informed me that the process was as follows:

1. Initial phone screen
    2. Skype
    3. Hr test
    4. Case study followed by a presentation

I'm not sure what I said or did during the interview to not make it, but during the skype call the Internet connection was weak so we couldn't use the video.

Software Development Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International.

I was referred by a friend. The hiring manager initially called me in for an informal chat. Then the recruiter arranged an interview. The interview lasted 2 hours and had 4 interviews - one technical by a senior developer, 2 manager interviews and one with a VP. The process was fast, organized and simple.

Interview Questions
    The offer was good. I did not negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International.

Group interview with supervisors and director (3 people total). Most of the questions were regarding my personality, how I would deal with some situations and a bit about the BA process and what made me the best fit person for the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotitations since it was my first job as a BA, I just took it!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International.

After the initial HR review, you will likely go through several quick interviews with people from various departments. Finally, you may have a more extensive 1-on-1 with your potential supervisor.

Senior Workforce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mitchell International in October 2013.

I was very impressed with my first interactions with Mitchell. I was contacted on Linked in by a recruiter who reached out to me. This caught my interest so I had a phone interview and was very impressed with their level of professionalism and follow through. The interview process was smooth and quick. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a face to face interview with a group from the department, and finally with the director. Through the process everyone had good energy and asked good questions.

Interview Questions
    There was some back and forth and I was able to negotiate a higher salary. Very professional and prompt communications throughout.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mitchell International in August 2013.

Received call from internal recruiter after applying via LinkedIn. Scheduled onsite interview with hiring manager and to-be colleague on a Thursday. 3+ hours interview/conversation that ended with "let's continue the conversation - you will hear back from us no later than Monday".

Recruiter(s) - there were 3 individuals involved - asked me to complete an essay that addresses their core values and beliefs. Spent time over the weekend away from family and sent as asked. Followed up with email to all 3 recruiters to confirm receipt. Also left voice messages for recruiters and hiring manager. No response and no confirmation from ANY of them.

Was impressed with the facilities and the 2 people I met with but the overall experience was extremely unprofessional.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International in May 2013.

Very basic phone interview. Generic questions and got called back a few days later for an in person interview. Talked about resume and interest in MItchell. Very generic.

Interview Questions
    • Knew I wasn't too committed from the start. Didn't go that well. Lasted about an hour.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mitchell International in February 2012.

Employee referral. Traded multiple voice/emails with recruiter. Pattern was to email me and want immediate availability, then would not hear from recruiter for weeks. This went on for several months. Scheduled for back to back interviews with seven different staff. Sent application, reference check and requested write essay on six core values to complete within three days.

Suggestion: Essay and reference checks only when have short list of candidates to determine their fit into "the Mitchell Way", not to all candidates. Impractical for candidates unless they are called in for second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Convince me why you should get this job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario with under performing staff and how you turned that situation around.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International in January 2012.

Met through University Job Fair. Wasn't looking for them but got called up about a month afterwards. There was an HR phone screen + Manager phone interview + Panel Interview. They seemed really excited about me and I was also excited about working here. The people were friendly, the building looked awesome. I interviewed with 5 people onsite.

Interview Questions
    • You have an multi-dimensional array of zeros and ones. After any 1, you won't see any more one's in that row. How would I process that array, what's the run time, and can we make it better?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a better candidate than other applicants?   Answer Question
    Don't be afraid to negotiate...I wasn't. I basically named my range and they gave me the bottom of that range as an offer. Works for me.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mitchell International in October 2011.

Initial phone interview with HR after applying online. After passing the first screening phone interview, a written essay about the company's values is required, along with other written documents. 1:1 interview with the hiring manager is the next. The whole process took about a month.