Mitchells & Butlers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Head of Brand Human Resources Interview

Head of Brand Human Resources
Birmingham, England (UK)

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in March 2014.

Interview Details – Slick, effective use of technology along with a personal touch. Easy to reschedule and exciting opportunity to use a online video interview app. Very two way selection. Felt I was treated with respect and fully communicated with. Recruitment team were first rate, especially Rebecca Canutti.

Interview Question – What do you think the people challenges for our brand are?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in April 2012.

Interview Details – Relaxed with lots of opportunities to ask questions. Competency based questions and online testing. Offices were v impressive size wise and set up. Everyone seemed to be happy at work

Negotiation Details – Yes

BarMaid Interview

BarMaid
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process changed since I was hired. I actually got the job through the mate of a mate and just met with the manager to chat and got the job the same day. I know the process has changed and you now go through a day at central recruitment and do team building activities whilst managers watch and can pick and choose people they like.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers.

Interview Details – Interviews are quite standard, they are based on a form made by the company. The questions are very easy and basic, regarding previous experiences and if you have heard of the brand before. Interviews are always carried by general management in a very friendly and professional way.

Interview Question – Personally I did not find any question difficult, since I had experience on team management previously.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in May 2010.

Interview Details – Really easy if you've got any experience, just go along and have a chat with the boss, normally they're pretty desperate for a decent AM so just act like you're articulate and hard working, throw in a bit about current pub trends and it's pretty much your job.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything that taxing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little scope for negotiation at AM position you're a when new start

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in April 2010.

Interview Details – Through a recruiter, offices were modern and well opportioned open plan arrangement interview was with two people a technical person and a member of the HR team,interview lasted about an hour and centred around general experience and background

Interview Question – Innovative   Answer Question

Bar Man Interview

Bar Man
Leeds, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in April 2012.

Interview Details – i handed in a CV in to the business and was contacted the following week. then i was contacted about an interview that would take place the commencing week then i went in to be interviewed by two people. it was a very informal interview in fact i felt over dressed. they asked a few simple questions then i recived a job offer a week later.

Interview Question – what is your favourate meal at the restraunt?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was not it was a set wage and they did not consider you as an individual.

Service Staff Interview

Service Staff

Interview Details – Applied through handing my CV directly to the manager, who immediatly asked about my previous experience and availabilty, I had 4 years experience and was available to start immediatly. Around 10 days later i was telephoned and asked to come into the bar for an interview. The interview was very short, around 20mins.

Interview Questions

• Where have you done more than expected to provide great service to a customer?   Answer Question
  • Other than with contacted directly with the customer, where have you impacted the experience customers in your previous employment?   Answer Question

Worked for Mitchells & Butlers? Contribute to the Community!