Mitchells & Butlers

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.0

Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers.

Applied online and then had to do numeric tests. Found out almost straight away that I had a phone interview and it took place a few days later. Woman on the phone was extremely friendly and asked fairly simple questions. Few hard ones about the food industry. Found out a couple of weeks later that I had not advanced to the next stage.

Nothing In Particular Interview

Half of the staff haven't been formerly interviewed. In some cases trial shifts turn into free labour so if you're are pining for a job just look alive and get stuff done quickly.

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in September 2014.

Interview pretty straightforward followed a set guideline of questions focusing on previous job roles explain how you reacted to certain situations I.e give an example of a time when you dealt efficiently with a sticky situation did you remain calm ?
    Give an example of how you would treat different types of customers?
    Process took 2 weeks in total from first interview to offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • what is your greatest work achievement?   View Answer

Got offered a full time job elsewhere with better career prospects

Head of Brand Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in March 2014.

Slick, effective use of technology along with a personal touch. Easy to reschedule and exciting opportunity to use a online video interview app. Very two way selection. Felt I was treated with respect and fully communicated with. Recruitment team were first rate, especially Rebecca Canutti.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the people challenges for our brand are?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mitchells & Butlers.

Interviews are quite standard, they are based on a form made by the company. The questions are very easy and basic, regarding previous experiences and if you have heard of the brand before. Interviews are always carried by general management in a very friendly and professional way.

Interview Questions
    • Personally I did not find any question difficult, since I had experience on team management previously.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in April 2012.

Relaxed with lots of opportunities to ask questions. Competency based questions and online testing. Offices were v impressive size wise and set up. Everyone seemed to be happy at work

Bar Man Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in April 2012.

i handed in a CV in to the business and was contacted the following week. then i was contacted about an interview that would take place the commencing week then i went in to be interviewed by two people. it was a very informal interview in fact i felt over dressed. they asked a few simple questions then i recived a job offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • what is your favourate meal at the restraunt?   View Answer
    there was not it was a set wage and they did not consider you as an individual.

Service Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in January 2011.

Applied through handing my CV directly to the manager, who immediatly asked about my previous experience and availabilty, I had 4 years experience and was available to start immediatly. Around 10 days later i was telephoned and asked to come into the bar for an interview. The interview was very short, around 20mins.

Interview Questions
    • Where have you done more than expected to provide great service to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Other than with contacted directly with the customer, where have you impacted the experience customers in your previous employment?   Answer Question

BarMaid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The interview process changed since I was hired. I actually got the job through the mate of a mate and just met with the manager to chat and got the job the same day. I know the process has changed and you now go through a day at central recruitment and do team building activities whilst managers watch and can pick and choose people they like.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in May 2010.

Really easy if you've got any experience, just go along and have a chat with the boss, normally they're pretty desperate for a decent AM so just act like you're articulate and hard working, throw in a bit about current pub trends and it's pretty much your job.

Interview Questions
    Very little scope for negotiation at AM position you're a when new start