Mitel Networks

Mitel Networks Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

Channel Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mitel Networks.

The hiring and interview process was long. There was a total of 5 interviews. One phone interview with my direct boss, one video call, one live interview or presentation, and then 2 additional phone interviews with the Director and his counterpart. There was a questionnaire that you had to fill out online, a personality assessment. The interview process was not hard. However, there seems to be a lot of red tape for hiring when the on boarding process and training is a joke. I strongly encourage the on boarding and training to get up to par with the interview process. You think you are going into a well organized company. You are not.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. All questions pertained to sales.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks in May 2013.

First did a basic phone interview, then did an off-site interview that was extremely pleasant, step three was an interview with the director, who was very nice and professional. After the interview the business direction changed from building out the Mesa outside sales force to focusing on building their California team first.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Mitel? It is a very common question, but one that always throws me off no matter how much research is done. I always research and ask my LinkedIn network to ensure I am interviewing with a company that I want to work for in the first place so I can always answer it no problem.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks in March 2012.

Easy as possible, after an interview and three levels of interviews, there was a face to face meeting, and then the offer letter. Interview questions were based on technical capabilities and sales capabilities which are both critical aspects of being a Sales Engineer.

I asked for a value, they low balled the offer and we met half way between.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks in December 2011.

Was put in contact with hiring Director and met in person for interview. Had a meeting before lunch for a few minutes, had lunch, met after lunch for an hour. Was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was straight forward and there were no trick questions. Honesty is and was the best policy in the interview.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation on the offer.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mitel Networks in February 2010.

The hiring process is three levels with Phone interview & then meet with Managers. The Managers look at 3-4 people and do take several weeks to make up their minds on what people to hire. They do look at the old buddy system as to hire friends and not always the best person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a difficult business decision you had to make in managing your last account.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mitel Networks in April 2009.

GOOD. Normal for any IT company

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mitel Networks in March 2008.

there was an initial phone interview which consisted of basic programming questions. This was followed by group interview where questions were varied from programming to past projects related.

Interview Questions
    Used a recruiter to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks in September 2013.

I applied for the position online. Got an email about 2 weeks later asking me if I am able to come to the office for an interview with a manager.

The building/office looks like a typical corporate structure. At security desk you get your visitor badge.

The manager was a friendly guy, he told me about the company, the team, the project.

I wasn't asked any technical questions, most of the questions where typical for a HR person: what projects I worked on, how I managed in a stress environment, etc.

I got a vibe that the company has seen better days, but it's getting better.

It was a bit unusual because I wasn't asked any technical questions, but I thought it's because the person that interviewed me was a manager.

In a couple of days I got an email asking me for another onsite interview, this time it was supposed to be with 4 people, all technical.

I brushed up on my programming knowledge and went to the interview.

The people in the room started asking me questions about my resume, but... NOT ONE SINGLE TECHNICAL QUESTION. Come on people! This put me on guard a bit, how can you not ask anything technical?

The overall feeling I got is that I was in the Office Space movie. Exactly the same people, the same gestures. It was a bit freaky.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Mitel Networks in July 2013.

I actually had three interviews - which were ALL non-technical (to my greatest surprise).
    Very friendly people/atmosphere.
    Two interviews with managers.
    One personality/IQ online test.
    One final interview with HR.

No negotiation.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mitel Networks.

The technical interview was with a panel of 10 people. This really allowed me to get a real perspective on the culture and team that I'd be working with. I was impressed with the company overview and technical portion of the interview.