Mitel Networks Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mitel Networks in December 2011.

Was put in contact with hiring Director and met in person for interview. Had a meeting before lunch for a few minutes, had lunch, met after lunch for an hour. Was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was straight forward and there were no trick questions. Honesty is and was the best policy in the interview.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation on the offer.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mitel Networks in May 2013.

First did a basic phone interview, then did an off-site interview that was extremely pleasant, step three was an interview with the director, who was very nice and professional. After the interview the business direction changed from building out the Mesa outside sales force to focusing on building their California team first.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Mitel? It is a very common question, but one that always throws me off no matter how much research is done. I always research and ask my LinkedIn network to ensure I am interviewing with a company that I want to work for in the first place so I can always answer it no problem.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mitel Networks in March 2012.

Easy as possible, after an interview and three levels of interviews, there was a face to face meeting, and then the offer letter. Interview questions were based on technical capabilities and sales capabilities which are both critical aspects of being a Sales Engineer.

I asked for a value, they low balled the offer and we met half way between.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mitel Networks in April 2009.

GOOD. Normal for any IT company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mitel Networks in September 2013.

I applied for the position online. Got an email about 2 weeks later asking me if I am able to come to the office for an interview with a manager.

The building/office looks like a typical corporate structure. At security desk you get your visitor badge.

The manager was a friendly guy, he told me about the company, the team, the project.

I wasn't asked any technical questions, most of the questions where typical for a HR person: what projects I worked on, how I managed in a stress environment, etc.

I got a vibe that the company has seen better days, but it's getting better.

It was a bit unusual because I wasn't asked any technical questions, but I thought it's because the person that interviewed me was a manager.

In a couple of days I got an email asking me for another onsite interview, this time it was supposed to be with 4 people, all technical.

I brushed up on my programming knowledge and went to the interview.

The people in the room started asking me questions about my resume, but... NOT ONE SINGLE TECHNICAL QUESTION. Come on people! This put me on guard a bit, how can you not ask anything technical?

The overall feeling I got is that I was in the Office Space movie. Exactly the same people, the same gestures. It was a bit freaky.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kanata, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Mitel Networks in July 2013.

I actually had three interviews - which were ALL non-technical (to my greatest surprise).
    Very friendly people/atmosphere.
    Two interviews with managers.
    One personality/IQ online test.
    One final interview with HR.

No negotiation.

Channel Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Mitel Networks in August 2011.

I was contacted by a head hunter. Had initial pre-qualifications. I met with the Channel Support Manager. Interview was short but direct to the point. Put me through in the final interview with the VP for AsiaPac even they know my background isn't very related with the role I am going to do, which is good. I convinced them that I am more than capable to do the role.

Interview Questions
    • As they always asked, what are my weaknesses.   View Answer
    I added a little more from their original offer. Quite good offer actually.

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Mitel Networks in May 2011.

Mitel is one of those companies that just dangles you in the black hole rather than having the class to thank you for your time and inform you that they have selected another candidate.

I think that speaks volumes about the corporate culture and am glad I dodged the bullet.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kanata, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Mitel Networks in September 2009.

I had to go in for a one to one and many phone

not bad

Worked for Mitel Networks? Contribute to the Community!