Mitel Networks Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.8

Channel Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mitel Networks.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was long. There was a total of 5 interviews. One phone interview with my direct boss, one video call, one live interview or presentation, and then 2 additional phone interviews with the Director and his counterpart. There was a questionnaire that you had to fill out online, a personality assessment. The interview process was not hard. However, there seems to be a lot of red tape for hiring when the on boarding process and training is a joke. I strongly encourage the on boarding and training to get up to par with the interview process. You think you are going into a well organized company. You are not.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected question. All questions pertained to sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks (Mesa, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

First did a basic phone interview, then did an off-site interview that was extremely pleasant, step three was an interview with the director, who was very nice and professional. After the interview the business direction changed from building out the Mesa outside sales force to focusing on building their California team first.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mitel? It is a very common question, but one that always throws me off no matter how much research is done. I always research and ask my LinkedIn network to ensure I am interviewing with a company that I want to work for in the first place so I can always answer it no problem.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy as possible, after an interview and three levels of interviews, there was a face to face meeting, and then the offer letter. Interview questions were based on technical capabilities and sales capabilities which are both critical aspects of being a Sales Engineer.

Negotiation

I asked for a value, they low balled the offer and we met half way between.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Was put in contact with hiring Director and met in person for interview. Had a meeting before lunch for a few minutes, had lunch, met after lunch for an hour. Was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward and there were no trick questions. Honesty is and was the best policy in the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the offer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mitel Networks in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is three levels with Phone interview & then meet with Managers. The Managers look at 3-4 people and do take several weeks to make up their minds on what people to hire. They do look at the old buddy system as to hire friends and not always the best person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult business decision you had to make in managing your last account.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mitel Networks (Chandler, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

GOOD. Normal for any IT company

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your previous job   1 Answer

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mitel Networks (Chandler, AZ) in March 2008.

Interview

there was an initial phone interview which consisted of basic programming questions. This was followed by group interview where questions were varied from programming to past projects related.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Used a recruiter to negotiate.

Software Quality Assurance Specialist Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

On Campus Interview. The entire process was about two weeks. No technical questions or quizzes. Only asked about programming languages, previous work experience and school projects that I have done before.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages have you learned? What software projects have you made?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mitel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Got an email about 2 weeks later asking me if I am able to come to the office for an interview with a manager. The building/office looks like a typical corporate structure. At security desk you get your visitor badge. The manager was a friendly guy, he told me about the company, the team, the project. I wasn't asked any technical questions, most of the questions where typical for a HR person: what projects I worked on, how I managed in a stress environment, etc. I got a vibe that the company has seen better days, but it's getting better. It was a bit unusual because I wasn't asked any technical questions, but I thought it's because the person that interviewed me was a manager. In a couple of days I got an email asking me for another onsite interview, this time it was supposed to be with 4 people, all technical. I brushed up on my programming knowledge and went to the interview. The people in the room started asking me questions about my resume, but... NOT ONE SINGLE TECHNICAL QUESTION. Come on people! This put me on guard a bit, how can you not ask anything technical? The overall feeling I got is that I was in the Office Space movie. Exactly the same people, the same gestures. It was a bit freaky.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Mitel Networks (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

I actually had three interviews - which were ALL non-technical (to my greatest surprise). Very friendly people/atmosphere. Two interviews with managers. One personality/IQ online test. One final interview with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.