Mitratech Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.6

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mitratech (Austin, TX).

Interview

While I was impressed with the services & offerings at Mitratech, I was disappointed with the lenght of the interview process and their low-ball negotiations. The entire process too over 4 months, I completed a couple of online personality questionnaires. I spoke with 3 different individuals over the phone, and got a favorable impression & background of MItratech. I then had a good in person discussion with a couple members of the professional services team. One issue was that the head of the professional services group bailed on the interview at the last minute, I did not know she wouldn't be there until after I had arrived. Since the decision maker wasn't there, the in-person interview was a bit of a hollow exercise. Mitratech then asked about my salary requirements, which I felt meant they were interested in my services. The reviews about Mitratech offering below market pay are true, because they offered me a full 20K under what I have made in similar roles. They ridiculous low pay for a senior client facing role disappointed me, and it reflects Mitratech's lack of commitment to acquire & retain top talent for their organization.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous projects & situations, how I handled them.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mitratech (Austin, TX).

Interview

Pre-interview assessment. Part one: IQ/problem solving test. 50-questions/15-minutes; Part two: basic personality profile; phone interview with hiring manager and one other manager. Final step an on-site interview with 4-executives and a mock sales presentation.

Interview Questions

• They already have your profile and aptitude score so most questions revolved around specific situations. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty short: offer made via letter, take it/leave it.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitratech (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You first complete a remote assessment, then go through a verification assessment with a recruiter through Skype. Then, they go through an HR interview, phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally the on-site interview.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mitratech in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was not difficult. First you have to take a 30 min test. It is the industry standard test. Basically the first half is the personality test. As we all know you have to answer the questions to show four things...Optimism, competitiveness, confidence and how you are achievement driven. I don't know why they have these as you can just Google them to find out what the testing companies are looking for. The problem is the second part. Even though the questions aren't too challenging, I can see how people that have been out of college for at least 10 years would have some difficulty. There were a lot of questions that sales professionals would not even think about in the real world. This is what brought up my problem...young management. The test would be much easier for folks that are younger (if you are coming out of college it will be a breeze for you). Needless to say, when I started the interview with management, I pretty much ended everything a little early. They were just too young. When I ask questions, I interview the manager as well. Three top questions I ask: Why did you decide to go into management? How did you do as a sales rep? How did you achieve your goals? The last one is the most important. If they cannot get specific, they were at the right place at the right time. My favorite is "I just had high activity". Well, so do all sales reps, that is not what gets them to goal. If I were to answer that question, I give many specific details as to how it was done. Also, ask them about the structure of their business plan...they have none. I think part of it was the pay was below the other companies I was talking to. So, if you want some experience, sound optimistic on the aptitude test and try it out for a year. If you're looking for something long term, there are much better opportunities with bigger and better companies.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in leaving your current company? I wanted to say, if you think you're company is so great, you shouldn't have to ask that question.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitratech.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. Nothing too hard about it

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitratech (Austin, TX).

Interview

The company appears to rely very heavily on aptitude tests. The on-site interview was more about fit than technical qualifications.

Interview Questions

• There was the simplest coding question. I was asked about the software development process and what I thought about working long hours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's virtually no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitratech (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Talked to someone in HR who told me I had to take a test online. I took the test and then had to take the test again when I showed up on site. I interviewed with multiple people in the engineering department. Overall, the process was straight forward. Everyone seemed nice but they were full or corporate buzz words and didn't really seem to know too much about software engineering.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach deadlines   1 Answer

Salary was far below market. I would have taken a pretty severe pay cut to join their team.

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mitratech (Austin, TX).

Interview

Just taking a test. If you are not very bad as a person, and you passed the exam, you will be hired. Because they just want cheap and innocent people.

Negotiation

None negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

very easy basic phone interview totally unrelated aptitude test to be taken online and also on-site to verify authenticity of your answers(?!) may be a couple of programming related questions which are also very easy looked like they badly needed programmers at that time

pay was way below standards

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitratech in November 2012.

Interview

First there is resume submission. Then a lengthy screening and aptitude test. Next were two interviews (one via phone and one via Skype). Next I retook the test, this time proctored. A third interview was followed swiftly by a job offer. After acceptance there was drug and background testing.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part was having to retake the test with a witness present.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was painless. I counter-offered on the salary and was swiftly accepted.