Mitsubishi Power Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Sourcing Specialist Interview

Global Sourcing Specialist
Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from HR within a week to set up an Interview, did 1 on 1 interviews with the Sr Manager and Director the following week. They scheduled second interview two weeks later with 2 additional members of the Sourcing Team and HR (again 1on 1). Discussed more specific work related issues and experience, the orginization, potential salary etc...

Interview Question – A. What did you like least about your previous employer? B. How did you over come it?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in April 2010.

Interview Details – Oral boarded interviews which ask typical questions and more technical questions depending on job being requested.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and what did you do to enhance this area   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in March 2011.

Interview Details – very good

Interview Question – what do you want out of life   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems.

Interview Details – Roundtable with several hiring managers and HR director.

Interview Question – What is the most important aspect of manufacturing?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process began when a former coworker, current MPS employee asked me for my resume. HR called me and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview was supposed to last 15 minutes. It lasted 75. Immediately after the phone interview HR called back to set up a plant visit and face to face. That interview was a panel interview with the manager, two team members and a support person.

The interviews were based off of the information on my resume. Explain this role, this skill, how proficient you are with this tool. How often have you encountered this type of difficulty. I was asked what could my previous employer done differently to be more successful? And what was my crowning career achievement?

Interview Question – The most difficult question(s) were during both interviews where the hiring manager identified and exploited a skills weakness. I did not have the proficiency in one area that he was looking for and when he realized it, he began asking questions about them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR called the day of the interview with an offer that I had no need to negotiate with. It was 10% higher than I was previously making.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in May 2009.

Interview Details – Experienced candidates will be flown in for a face to face interview. A brief tour of the Lobby that displays Gas Turbine blades and gas turbine combustor baskets.
Interview is conducted with 2-3 employee, a direct manager, a senior staff and HR manager.

Interview Question – all questions are personality questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – Landed an Interview after attending Job Fair. Group interview consisting of work-place scenario questions. Did not get an offer but it was a great experience. Very respectable company, rich in tradition and culture. Definitely pursuing future positions with this company.

Interview Question – Where you every in a team scenario where you were the leader and you failed? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

CMM Programmer Interview

CMM Programmer
Pooler, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – The group interview was more of an interrogation than anything. They only discussed what had already been discussed from the phone interview. No plant tour or photos were available to describe the location. Worst experience ever!

Interview Question – For each change in job, I was asked why I quit one job and went to the next. They twisted my words and made their own interpretation out of my answers.   Answer Question

Field Service Interview

Field Service
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in May 2008.

Interview Details – After a friend referred me I had a phone interview with an engineering manager. I was called into their facility in Orlando and had a 1:1 with the engineering manager and the HR manager.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel 60% of the year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was direct out of college and they said their standard staring was 50K - which checked out with my colleagues already there. Advice for others - if you have any experience at all ask for more.

Worked for Mitsubishi Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!