Mitsubishi Power Systems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.2

Administrative Position Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems.

I had two interviews, one with HR and one with department head & Japanese gentleman. Interviews were pretty normal. They asked normal questions. There was nothing out of the ordinary.

It helps to have your references on file and ready to be given at a moments noticed.

Interview Questions
    • They had the Japanese gentleman ask me questions (in English) I believe just to see how I would interact with the Japanese and if I could understand/respond.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems.

It was a group interview that ended up being quite technical for an intern level position. They were only interested in technical experience and the interview process revolved around a new employee who was courageous enough to implement a new design for their current system. In fact, this employee was the one conducting most of the interview. In essence, they were looking for another him. Extremely intimidating for an intern interview. Plus, they asked for our ages. From what I hear about this company, I'm glad I didn't get it.

Global Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in June 2014.

Applied online, got a call from HR within a week to set up an Interview, did 1 on 1 interviews with the Sr Manager and Director the following week. They scheduled second interview two weeks later with 2 additional members of the Sourcing Team and HR (again 1on 1). Discussed more specific work related issues and experience, the orginization, potential salary etc...

Interview Questions
    • A. What did you like least about your previous employer? B. How did you over come it?   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems.

Roundtable with several hiring managers and HR director.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in June 2013.

The process began when a former coworker, current MPS employee asked me for my resume. HR called me and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview was supposed to last 15 minutes. It lasted 75. Immediately after the phone interview HR called back to set up a plant visit and face to face. That interview was a panel interview with the manager, two team members and a support person.

The interviews were based off of the information on my resume. Explain this role, this skill, how proficient you are with this tool. How often have you encountered this type of difficulty. I was asked what could my previous employer done differently to be more successful? And what was my crowning career achievement?

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question(s) were during both interviews where the hiring manager identified and exploited a skills weakness. I did not have the proficiency in one area that he was looking for and when he realized it, he began asking questions about them.   View Answer
    HR called the day of the interview with an offer that I had no need to negotiate with. It was 10% higher than I was previously making.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in February 2012.

Landed an Interview after attending Job Fair. Group interview consisting of work-place scenario questions. Did not get an offer but it was a great experience. Very respectable company, rich in tradition and culture. Definitely pursuing future positions with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Where you every in a team scenario where you were the leader and you failed? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in March 2011.

very good

CMM Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pooler, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pooler, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in July 2010.

The group interview was more of an interrogation than anything. They only discussed what had already been discussed from the phone interview. No plant tour or photos were available to describe the location. Worst experience ever!

Interview Questions
    • For each change in job, I was asked why I quit one job and went to the next. They twisted my words and made their own interpretation out of my answers.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in April 2010.

Oral boarded interviews which ask typical questions and more technical questions depending on job being requested.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and what did you do to enhance this area   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mitsubishi Power Systems in May 2009.

Experienced candidates will be flown in for a face to face interview. A brief tour of the Lobby that displays Gas Turbine blades and gas turbine combustor baskets.
    Interview is conducted with 2-3 employee, a direct manager, a senior staff and HR manager.