Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA)

www.us.sc.mufg.jp

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA).

Interview Details – Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA)'s Human Resource Department has implemented an efficient process in interviewing and following applications to the fullest. The hiring period is usually taken upon the management's input when the new employee can start once a full package is discussed and agreed upon. Furthermore, they also have an "Exit Interview" once the employee decides to terminate their employment.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Discussion friendly

Compliance Analyst Interview

Compliance Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Met with two people. Half an hour first with an HR representative then another half hour with the CCO. Went over my resume with HR and discussed the position and the responsibilities with the CCO. Both were very nice and pleasant.

Interview Question – The most "challenging question" came from the HR representative. "Tell me something about your self that isn't on your resume"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in December 2010.

Interview Details – -Online application
-Numerical and Verbal Reasoning tests online, shl administered tests
-Telephone Interview (competency questions and why interested in firm)
-Assessment Centre with around 15/20 people (numerical and verbal tests on paper, group exercise, icebreaker, presentation, interview with HR)
-Final stage interview (3 individual senior stakeholders, each lasting an hour)

Interview Question – How is a swap priced?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, as salary and benefits already set by the scheme.

Summer Intern - Capital Markets Interview

Summer Intern - Capital Markets
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online application process
Numerical Test
Telephone Interview
Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Brainteaser:

9 Ball Bearings, a set of balancing/hanging scales. 1 ball bearing is slightly lighter than the rest (you are not told exactly how much lighter) and the other 8 balls weigh exactly the same. You have two opportunities to use the scales. Determine which ball is the lighter.
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

DCM Associate Interview

DCM Associate
City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in May 2011.

Interview Details – 2 separate days with a panel of 3 interviewers each. Questions were on my background and experience, but nothing technical.
The panel spent more time explaining the team structure and team focus than on asking me questions, so it felt more like a personality check.
I would recommend potential interviewees to act confidently and know your experience/background. Due to the (as of May 2012) limited product suite, technical questions probably won't come up.

Interview Question – What deals have you worked on?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiter did the negotiation.
They made a good offer of 70k, and even upped it to 80k when I asked for some time to think about it.

Worked for Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA)? Contribute to the Community!