Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA)

www.us.sc.mufg.jp
  www.us.sc.mufg.jp

Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA).

Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA)'s Human Resource Department has implemented an efficient process in interviewing and following applications to the fullest. The hiring period is usually taken upon the management's input when the new employee can start once a full package is discussed and agreed upon. Furthermore, they also have an "Exit Interview" once the employee decides to terminate their employment.

Discussion friendly

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in July 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Met with two people. Half an hour first with an HR representative then another half hour with the CCO. Went over my resume with HR and discussed the position and the responsibilities with the CCO. Both were very nice and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The most "challenging question" came from the HR representative. "Tell me something about your self that isn't on your resume"   Answer Question

Summer Intern - Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in March 2012.

Online application process
    Numerical Test
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • Brainteaser:

9 Ball Bearings, a set of balancing/hanging scales. 1 ball bearing is slightly lighter than the rest (you are not told exactly how much lighter) and the other 8 balls weigh exactly the same. You have two opportunities to use the scales. Determine which ball is the lighter.
        View Answer

DCM Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in May 2011.

2 separate days with a panel of 3 interviewers each. Questions were on my background and experience, but nothing technical.
    The panel spent more time explaining the team structure and team focus than on asking me questions, so it felt more like a personality check.
    I would recommend potential interviewees to act confidently and know your experience/background. Due to the (as of May 2012) limited product suite, technical questions probably won't come up.

Interview Questions
    The recruiter did the negotiation.
    They made a good offer of 70k, and even upped it to 80k when I asked for some time to think about it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) in December 2010.

-Online application
    -Numerical and Verbal Reasoning tests online, shl administered tests
    -Telephone Interview (competency questions and why interested in firm)
    -Assessment Centre with around 15/20 people (numerical and verbal tests on paper, group exercise, icebreaker, presentation, interview with HR)
    -Final stage interview (3 individual senior stakeholders, each lasting an hour)

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, as salary and benefits already set by the scheme.