Mizuho Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2014
Updated Apr 23, 2014

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mizuho Bank.

I had a 1:1 interview process then proceeded to the next round where I met with 5 other employees in the HR team. Interview process was generally easy with basic behavioral questions but what threw me off was the the end of the interviewing process. They never contacted me regarding the decision or me being accepted or rejected, which I felt was a bit unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mizuho Bank in February 2014.

Applied through the University and had a phone call within a week with two interviewers. Questions from first interviewer were what do you know about Mizuho Bank? Second interviewer asked all technical questions about the three main valuation methodologies and how I would go about analyzing a firm from a credit perspective.

Heard back the following day that I earned a superday. Mizuho will only pay for your flight and not cover your travel expenses to and from the airport. During the superday, had seven interviews. Nearly all technical questions and mainly Q&A for the interviewee. Also, was asked why corporate banking? Importance of free cash-flow from a credit perspective? Asked about solvency and liquidity ratios. And of course tell me about yourself?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do Investment Banking? (Odd since it is a corporate banking position)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Mizuho Bank in February 2014.

Interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes, but interview took half that time. Very fast paced and interviewer was brisk. Almost felt like I didn't have a chance to finish what I was saying. No technical questions; mainly personality and asked about things on my resume. Asked some questions about the company, and who their competitors were.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a business transaction that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mizuho Bank.

Multi Staged, interviewed with multiple HR people, and people from the actual buisness line.
    Given both a Brig-Mayer and other test to determine mental compentancy
    Refrence process is rather tedious.

Interview Questions
    • Describe Mizuho Corp Bank 7 buisness lines in detail and our compeditors.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mizuho Bank.

I had only one interview. It was not difficult, and they did not ask any tricky questions. They basically wanted to hear about my experience and whether I thought I could handle the responsibilities of the job. They asked specific questions about my background and experience, but nothing crazy.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected thing was that they asked for a sample of my work.   Answer Question
    The HR person, who is no longer at Mizuho, gave me to understand that the small guaranteed bonus would be in addition to whatever else I could add to it throu the good work I was expected to do. This turned out to have no basis in fact. But, as I say, that recruiter is no longer with Mizuho, and I don't believe such experience will recur.

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mizuho Bank in April 2011.

Company had a series on interviews (one with the HR department and then with the division managers). Easy interview questions with an emphasis on microsoft access and fixing problems with macros embedded in access.

Interview Questions
    • How would you decode a macro to find exactly where an error arises?   Answer Question

Business Planning Supports Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mizuho Bank in September 2013.

Interview was conducted by two Japanese interviewers (one general manager and a junior manager). 70% conducted in English and the other 30% was conducted in Japanese to test Japanese proficiency. Interview went on for around 45 minutes and the interviewers gave cues for me to take more initiative to ask more questions. Interview went awkward near the end of it as no more questions were posed by interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Suggest a strategic plan where you can link up the bank with the local government.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mizuho Bank.

applied through school career assistance
    have both interview and assessment (written)
    interview is just about your personal qualities and some major economic views

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mizuho Bank in February 2012.

asked what I know about LBO and how they relate to the current financial climate.

Also to give an approx value of the number of TV in the UK

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leung Tin Tsuen (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leung Tin Tsuen (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mizuho Bank in February 2013.

HR Interview and Lines Manager Interview

Interview Questions
    • Your expectation on the job nature and Manager Management   Answer Question

Don't like Japanese Bank

Worked for Mizuho Bank? Contribute to the Community!