Mizuho Bank Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mizuho Bank (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Three interviews in one day. Two of them very pleasant. The other person close to rude and obnoxious.
    Place didn't look neat for being at that prime location. All were in a rush and pressed by time.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview process then proceeded to the next round where I met with 5 other employees in the HR team. Interview process was generally easy with basic behavioral questions but what threw me off was the the end of the interviewing process. They never contacted me regarding the decision or me being accepted or rejected, which I felt was a bit unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through the University and had a phone call within a week with two interviewers. Questions from first interviewer were what do you know about Mizuho Bank? Second interviewer asked all technical questions about the three main valuation methodologies and how I would go about analyzing a firm from a credit perspective.

Heard back the following day that I earned a superday. Mizuho will only pay for your flight and not cover your travel expenses to and from the airport. During the superday, had seven interviews. Nearly all technical questions and mainly Q&A for the interviewee. Also, was asked why corporate banking? Importance of free cash-flow from a credit perspective? Asked about solvency and liquidity ratios. And of course tell me about yourself?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do Investment Banking? (Odd since it is a corporate banking position)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes, but interview took half that time. Very fast paced and interviewer was brisk. Almost felt like I didn't have a chance to finish what I was saying. No technical questions; mainly personality and asked about things on my resume. Asked some questions about the company, and who their competitors were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a business transaction that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi Staged, interviewed with multiple HR people, and people from the actual buisness line.
    Given both a Brig-Mayer and other test to determine mental compentancy
    Refrence process is rather tedious.

Interview Questions

• Describe Mizuho Corp Bank 7 buisness lines in detail and our compeditors.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mizuho Bank.

Interview

I had only one interview. It was not difficult, and they did not ask any tricky questions. They basically wanted to hear about my experience and whether I thought I could handle the responsibilities of the job. They asked specific questions about my background and experience, but nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected thing was that they asked for a sample of my work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR person, who is no longer at Mizuho, gave me to understand that the small guaranteed bonus would be in addition to whatever else I could add to it throu the good work I was expected to do. This turned out to have no basis in fact. But, as I say, that recruiter is no longer with Mizuho, and I don't believe such experience will recur.

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Company had a series on interviews (one with the HR department and then with the division managers). Easy interview questions with an emphasis on microsoft access and fixing problems with macros embedded in access.

Interview Questions

• How would you decode a macro to find exactly where an error arises?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mizuho Bank in April 2010.

Interview

Lots of phone dialog and then an interview with desk manager. Second round with manager and senior Japanese manager, then back and forth with HR. Took a long time.

Interview Questions

• Assisting with background checks with prior employers. Some technical questions but not many.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lengthy and protracted.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mizuho Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

My interview was with the hiring manager and hr manager. Entire process took abt 1 hour. They were very upfront abt their rigid culture and long working hours. Although in the interview invite email, it states that application forms and supporting documents are optional, please bring and fill up the form! Was made to hand write the entire form just before the interview as I was not prepared.

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mizuho Bank.

Interview

only 1 interview with 3 managers
    after that have some meeting with the Human Resource Department staff to sign.
    I did not have any salary negotiation. I have found this job through a head hunter. The head hunter gave me wrong description about the job. I found out this in the interview. My answer was very strange when the manager asked me that do you understand what job are you applying?
    I answer totally unrelated things and manager said that is wrong. They explained the job scope. It was terrible interview but still I could get offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.