Mizuho Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Human Resource/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Very formal, did a phone interview. I received a phone call later after the phone interview to schedule a panel interview for next day. Gentleman on the phone was very nice and worked with you when you were trying to get to an answer in order to understand your thought process. Questions were tricky and required quick thinking as well as knowledge of various subjects related to human resources and business.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took about two weeks. I made it to the second-round interview, all the interview questions were basic, nothing very tricky. During the first interview, I spoke with total of 4 people one at a time. As for the second-round, I spoke with the department VP. It was a positive experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Three interviews in one day. Two of them very pleasant. The other person close to rude and obnoxious. Place didn't look neat for being at that prime location. All were in a rush and pressed by time.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview process then proceeded to the next round where I met with 5 other employees in the HR team. Interview process was generally easy with basic behavioral questions but what threw me off was the the end of the interviewing process. They never contacted me regarding the decision or me being accepted or rejected, which I felt was a bit unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through the University and had a phone call within a week with two interviewers. Questions from first interviewer were what do you know about Mizuho Bank? Second interviewer asked all technical questions about the three main valuation methodologies and how I would go about analyzing a firm from a credit perspective. Heard back the following day that I earned a superday. Mizuho will only pay for your flight and not cover your travel expenses to and from the airport. During the superday, had seven interviews. Nearly all technical questions and mainly Q&A for the interviewee. Also, was asked why corporate banking? Importance of free cash-flow from a credit perspective? Asked about solvency and liquidity ratios. And of course tell me about yourself?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do Investment Banking? (Odd since it is a corporate banking position)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes, but interview took half that time. Very fast paced and interviewer was brisk. Almost felt like I didn't have a chance to finish what I was saying. No technical questions; mainly personality and asked about things on my resume. Asked some questions about the company, and who their competitors were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a business transaction that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi Staged, interviewed with multiple HR people, and people from the actual buisness line. Given both a Brig-Mayer and other test to determine mental compentancy Refrence process is rather tedious.

Interview Questions

• Describe Mizuho Corp Bank 7 buisness lines in detail and our compeditors.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank.

Interview

I had only one interview. It was not difficult, and they did not ask any tricky questions. They basically wanted to hear about my experience and whether I thought I could handle the responsibilities of the job. They asked specific questions about my background and experience, but nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected thing was that they asked for a sample of my work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR person, who is no longer at Mizuho, gave me to understand that the small guaranteed bonus would be in addition to whatever else I could add to it throu the good work I was expected to do. This turned out to have no basis in fact. But, as I say, that recruiter is no longer with Mizuho, and I don't believe such experience will recur.

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Company had a series on interviews (one with the HR department and then with the division managers). Easy interview questions with an emphasis on microsoft access and fixing problems with macros embedded in access.

Interview Questions

• How would you decode a macro to find exactly where an error arises?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mizuho Bank in April 2010.

Interview

Lots of phone dialog and then an interview with desk manager. Second round with manager and senior Japanese manager, then back and forth with HR. Took a long time.

Interview Questions

• Assisting with background checks with prior employers. Some technical questions but not many.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lengthy and protracted.