Mizuho Bank

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mizuho Bank.

I had a 1:1 interview process then proceeded to the next round where I met with 5 other employees in the HR team. Interview process was generally easy with basic behavioral questions but what threw me off was the the end of the interviewing process. They never contacted me regarding the decision or me being accepted or rejected, which I felt was a bit unprofessional.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mizuho Bank in February 2014.

Interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes, but interview took half that time. Very fast paced and interviewer was brisk. Almost felt like I didn't have a chance to finish what I was saying. No technical questions; mainly personality and asked about things on my resume. Asked some questions about the company, and who their competitors were.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a business transaction that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mizuho Bank in February 2014.

Applied through the University and had a phone call within a week with two interviewers. Questions from first interviewer were what do you know about Mizuho Bank? Second interviewer asked all technical questions about the three main valuation methodologies and how I would go about analyzing a firm from a credit perspective.

Heard back the following day that I earned a superday. Mizuho will only pay for your flight and not cover your travel expenses to and from the airport. During the superday, had seven interviews. Nearly all technical questions and mainly Q&A for the interviewee. Also, was asked why corporate banking? Importance of free cash-flow from a credit perspective? Asked about solvency and liquidity ratios. And of course tell me about yourself?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do Investment Banking? (Odd since it is a corporate banking position)   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mizuho Bank.

Multi Staged, interviewed with multiple HR people, and people from the actual buisness line.
    Given both a Brig-Mayer and other test to determine mental compentancy
    Refrence process is rather tedious.

Interview Questions
    • Describe Mizuho Corp Bank 7 buisness lines in detail and our compeditors.   Answer Question

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mizuho Bank in April 2011.

Company had a series on interviews (one with the HR department and then with the division managers). Easy interview questions with an emphasis on microsoft access and fixing problems with macros embedded in access.

Interview Questions
    • How would you decode a macro to find exactly where an error arises?   Answer Question