Mizuho OSI Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mizuho OSI

Marketing Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mizuho OSI in January 2010.

Interviewed with the Recruiter who seemed very nice but really had no clue how to interview marketing personnel. Initially, did a phone interview with the Director of Marketing. After the phone interview, I interviewed in person with the Director of Marketing, the Product Marketing Managers and the Marketing Analyst. Everyone was in strict business attire, like it was IBM circa 1980. Strange for what is a small company tucked into the warehouses in Union City. I was asked basic questions. No one seemed to know much about marketing. The Director of Marketing kept forgetting what question he was asking. I would answer a question and he would just say "What else?' Very strange. Everyone seemed worn out and angry. No one mustered any enthusiasm about the company while I interviewed. It was as if they begrudged having to spend anytime with potential candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay organized?   View Answer
    • Describe a menu you planned? (This was asked by the general manager!)   View Answer
    The offer was pretty basic. The did a background check, got my previous wages from my last employer and offered me that, not a penny more.

Trade Show Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mizuho OSI in September 2011.

Great HR manager! Really enjoyed his personable nature, although he kept writing notes throughout my interviews that I wondered if he was writing down every single word, or if he was a shrink writing notes on my state of sanity! Met with the marketing director who started the interview by telling me he was "ex military". ( I can only guess what fun he would be to work for, "Sir, yes Sir"). Everyone was dressed up in business attire. Reminded me of old school IBM'ers. Took three weeks to finally get to round 3 which was a presentation. I was a bit annoyed that they wanted creative ideas and to see all of the processes and tools that I would use to plan. Presented in front of the manager and three product managers. It was one of the most tense, uncomfortable meetings that I have ever attended. No one smiled,everyone was uptight, people did not seem very happy in their jobs. By that point, I was planning on turning down the job if it was offered to me, but I went through the "exercise" of interviewing anyway. Both myself and the HR manager could see that I wasn't a fit. (I wonder how long he'll stay there..... he deserves to work with a friendlier group of people).

Interview Questions
    • Sorry, can't remember. Questions seemed to be the typical, "what are your weaknesses", "how would you handle...."   Answer Question