Mizuho Securities Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mizuho Securities

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mizuho Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

There are couple of rounds. Phone screen, Again Phone Screen, In Person, and again in person. Seems like interviewer is not sure if he is making correct choice. Hell NO for contract positions. So many rounds when we know it is contract and can be terminated any time. First round is technical and pretty on topic what is job about. All other questions in person and interview are off-topics, abstract, vague and option type questions. Trying to solve questions on boarding SQL based to decade experience and certified architect. I have figured it out in earlier rounds his is not correct job but wanted to experience all. Interviewer doesn't know what they are looking instead trying to find a junior level person. No one has any idea idea why i am there and what are my skills and how can they use my skills. All in person interview were boring and waste of time. No professional tries to push candidate for some solution instead there should be professional discussion. Waste a lot of time than agreed. I am glad, i didn't get offer else i must decline (wish did before; but wanted to see till end) as hiring manager is just throwing money out there to get some dream person and wasting a lot of time for himself and others. My advise to please correct job title and be professional in interviews and get some training. I am taking senior positions interviews (employee and contract) for over 5 years.I judge people not tell them to start writing stuff and push. This is not a biased review who is looking desperately for job.

Interview Questions

• Why you are here ? excuse me you are hiring me !!! Where is your resume ? excuse me , you didn't read my resume for in person interview ! What do you do ? excuse me, you don't even know why i am there !!!! What you want to do in your life ? excuse me, this is contract job. What you do if i want to do something? excuse me !!! What you do in school ? excuse me, i am over decade year of experience and certified. Solve and write SQL Questions ? excuse me, you are hiring very experienced architect certified person. you are asking to write queries on board for you. Are you hiring correct candidate ! what other teams do ! I am glad, i know what a pathetic in person interview process was. Generic, Off topic, abstract, vague and option based questions. Junior level questions, Tried to solve problems in matter of seconds. Please ask relevant questions instead try to solve problems on your own. Excuse me, if person does not want to answer your basic and very junior level questions then move on professionally.   1 Answer

IT Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mizuho Securities (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Went in there thinking I was applying for a particular position with very specific skill sets. At least that's how it was advertised. Instead, I was greeted by someone who was a bit arrogant and a second person who appeared to be his lackey. The interview was almost entirely off-topic and consisted of abstract vague opinion type questions. It took a pretty typical turn where instead of attempting to find out what I had to offer they wanted to see if I tripped up on these "prerequisite" questions. Honestly, after 5 minutes, I was ready to walk out. It's clear they don't know how to interview for this type of position. I can safely say this was one of the worst interview experience I've ever had in my career. I think they are trying to throw money at the situation hoping they will eventually find their "dream" candidate who would become another sheep for them. I would never want to work for a company who has people like this working for them. I think the reviews in here also speak for themselves. While unfortunate, this is not a big deal since I still have a nicely paying job. In fact, this interview kind of made me appreciate my current position more. I usually don't write negative reviews, but I felt strongly about this one. It's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were off-topic abstract vague opinion type questions instead of ones.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mizuho Securities.

Interview

4-5 rounds of interviews depending if the controller has time to interview you. Standard behavioral questions. Nothing technical. They like to go through every detail of your resume. The people are friendly so the environment was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the global business and Mizuho's role in it?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mizuho Securities (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I met two Mizuho employers at a college career fair, a VP and his assistant VP. They were friendly and took my resume but didn't give a business card and told me they would call me back. Received an email scheduling a phone interview about a week later, and a week after that received another email offering an in-office interview. The interview was with 4 different people and lasted approx. 2 hours. Three of the interviewers asked a lot of fit and behavioral while one asked a bunch of simple technical accounting questions.

- Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mizuho Securities in November 2014.

Interview

I attended the Boston Career Forum. I just walked to their booth and they arranged the interview right away. They ask you what you studied at school, and some common questions. Then they purposefully ask you difficult questions and make claims whenever you say something.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about current market, economics, finance etc   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mizuho Securities.

Interview

First round interviews were 3 back to back, 30 minutes each at the NY office. Second round was 4 back-to-back, 15 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, explain about your past experience   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mizuho Securities in June 2011.

Interview

Finance test for the first round, then more rounds interviewing one on one each time. Mostly fit/behavioral questions (classic walk thru resume, challenging courses, why IB... etc) with some technical questions (valuation).

Rates Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mizuho Securities (London, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

technical interview. I was asked to do 3 papers, 1 maths, 1 finance and 1 coding. Maths comes from S.Shreve's book, solve SDE. Finance was mainly about different kinds of bonds and rate derivatives. Coding was not about coding but focused on compiling...THE hardest interview I have ever had...

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mizuho Securities (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2010.

Interview

Was in Japanese and the majority was case based as well as skill based testing. Required to undergo 5 separate interviews and address a penal of 4 people in the last two interviews. Interviewers are not very fluent nor comfortable in English so i t was essential to learn all the manners of corporate Japanese practices

Interview Questions

• Given the Financial Crisis what elements in the banking sector would you help to protect?   Answer Question