MoSys Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

Interview

Two turn interviews. First interview is a general interview in which you will be asked various questions in different fields. You don't need to answer every question right. You can pick one direction you are good at. Second round is an interview from your future manager. You will be asked specified question based on the work you will do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed salary for intern.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at MoSys.

Interview

I submitted the resume in a career fair. I talked with an engineer of this company on the career fair. He asked me about the experience appeared on my resume and my interests. The talking was fine , he took my resume and said will contact me later. After a week, he scheduled an Skype video interview through an email with information about the position.

Interview Questions

• He sent me an email said that I am considered as an Software Developer. However, he asked me some hardware questions about digit circuit and FPGA, because that I had some hardware experience on my resume. I did not expect that and did not answer well.   Answer Question

ASIC Interview

Interview

not hard question. After i applied this job, I received the notice about interviewing after one week. The interview lasts about 30mins.Then he told me to wait for the notice about the second interview.

Firmware/Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MoSys in May 2014.

Interview

I had applied in the career fair and I got a call within 10 days.

The phone interview lasted more than an hour and was a shared screen coding interview. I was told to write some code for some basic C concepts like pass by value and pass by reference. It was followed some questions on dynamic memory allocation questions. The interviewer was polite and helpful. In the end he asked a few questions on some basics of Python programming but couldn't ask much because of the time constraints.

Unfortunately I got a reject saying that my C skills are good for a new college grad but they require someone who has worked a lot more on C programming than I have. In short they wanted someone who is more experienced.

Interview Questions

• Create 2-D array using malloc so that we can access them as a[2][3] i.e. like we access a 2D array created in compile time.   1 Answer

Digital Circuits Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MoSys in May 2014.

Interview

2 skype interview and just some basic digital circuit question.The first interview was about digital logic design and interconnect. The second interview was about SRAM circuits design and brief introduction to Mosys development and your responsibility.

Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MoSys (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Got an email from the director that my profile has been selected for the job position

Had an onsite interview at Mosys

It was whole resume walkthrough
    -asked about my experience
    - asked about projects
    - made me to explain each projects by using white board
    - interview was for 1 hr
    - then asked few questions in c
    - gave few questions to solve
    - asked 3 questions from this

Interview went very well, but received an email from director saying that i didnt have enough experience for the position

Interview Questions

• Asked c questions from the link i shared. It was interesting to solve these questions   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at MoSys in September 2009.

Interview

I was able to get my resume to one of the hiring managers. He subsequently contacted me to set up an interview. On the day of the interview, I met with six different people (including the hiring manager) over the course of a long afternoon. All six interviewers asked me technical questions, along with questions about my work history/experience. The technical questions were not overly difficult - I've had to endure much tougher technical interviews. But it wasn't a walk in the park either. I noticed that two of the interviewers asked me the same question about my past experience, which leads me to believe that these guys didn't talk to each other beforehand about how to approach the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the regions of operation of the mosfets in a cmos inverter as it toggles between high and low.   Answer Question