MoSys

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Circuits Design Interview

Digital Circuits Design

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MoSys in May 2014.

Interview Details – 2 skype interview and just some basic digital circuit question.The first interview was about digital logic design and interconnect. The second interview was about SRAM circuits design and brief introduction to Mosys development and your responsibility.

Interview Question – some SRAM design question   Answer Question

Firmware/Software Engineer Interview

Firmware/Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MoSys in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied in the career fair and I got a call within 10 days.

The phone interview lasted more than an hour and was a shared screen coding interview. I was told to write some code for some basic C concepts like pass by value and pass by reference. It was followed some questions on dynamic memory allocation questions. The interviewer was polite and helpful. In the end he asked a few questions on some basics of Python programming but couldn't ask much because of the time constraints.

Unfortunately I got a reject saying that my C skills are good for a new college grad but they require someone who has worked a lot more on C programming than I have. In short they wanted someone who is more experienced.

Interview Question – Create 2-D array using malloc so that we can access them as a[2][3] i.e. like we access a 2D array created in compile time.   View Answer

ASIC Interview

ASIC

Interviewed at MoSys

Interview Details – not hard question. After i applied this job, I received the notice about interviewing after one week. The interview lasts about 30mins.Then he told me to wait for the notice about the second interview.

Interview Question – Not so hard. Just basic concept   Answer Question

Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer Interview

Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MoSys in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from the director that my profile has been selected for the job position

Had an onsite interview at Mosys

It was whole resume walkthrough
-asked about my experience
- asked about projects
- made me to explain each projects by using white board
- interview was for 1 hr
- then asked few questions in c
- gave few questions to solve
- asked 3 questions from this

Interview went very well, but received an email from director saying that i didnt have enough experience for the position

Interview Question – Asked c questions from the link i shared. It was interesting to solve these questions   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at MoSys in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was able to get my resume to one of the hiring managers. He subsequently contacted me to set up an interview. On the day of the interview, I met with six different people (including the hiring manager) over the course of a long afternoon. All six interviewers asked me technical questions, along with questions about my work history/experience. The technical questions were not overly difficult - I've had to endure much tougher technical interviews. But it wasn't a walk in the park either. I noticed that two of the interviewers asked me the same question about my past experience, which leads me to believe that these guys didn't talk to each other beforehand about how to approach the interviews.

Interview Question – Please describe the regions of operation of the mosfets in a cmos inverter as it toggles between high and low.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MoSys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MoSys interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by MoSys employees and interview candidates.