MobiTV

Relevance Date Difficulty

NOC Administrator Interview

NOC Administrator
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MobiTV in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly simple, just show basic competency in the technologies used and the ability to troubleshoot and escalate when you are fairly sure that you are unable to resolve the issue in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just know basic Linux commands and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Emeryville, CA

I applied online - interviewed at MobiTV in March 2012.

Interview Details – easy

Interview Question – Questions: What's a many to many relationship, inner and outer join, difference between inheritance and polymorphism, difference between set, list, map   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got better offer

Mobile App Engineer Interview

Mobile App Engineer
Emeryville, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MobiTV in August 2012.

Interview Details – I apply through my university career center website and got an email from the hiring manager, asking my availability for phone screen. The phone screen was technical and a few minutes after, I was called again for an onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I spoke with 6 different current employees, all of them asking technical questions.

Interview Question – Write Java function to reverse a string   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Emeryville, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MobiTV in August 2011.

Interview Details – MobiTV requires a pretty rigorous interview process consisting of phone and in person interviews. As with any interview, it's important to do adequate prep work like reviewing the company website and any press. The office has a gorgeous lobby overlooking the Bay with actual office space made up of mainly cubicles and pretty quiet.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with the tech and mobile space.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MobiTV in May 2010.

Interview Details – it was great. Cant believe it lasted only 10 days.

Interview Question – asked me to solve a very difficult problem   Answer Question

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Mobile Applications Developer
Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MobiTV in May 2011.

Interview Details – My initial contact with the company was through a recruiter that found my resume online. An email was sent asking for day to have a phone interview. Before the interview, I brushed up on my programming languages (Java) and algorithms. The phone interview was technical. I was asked questions about the skills/programming languages on my resume and a few problem solving and algorithm questions. After 1 day, I received a call to schedule for an on site interview. The on site interview was a 1:1 interview with 6 different employees. Each interviewer had a problem solving question or an basic coding algorithm they wanted me to write. The questions were okay if you reviewed your programming languages and algorithms. Also, on the same day I did not get to eat lunch so they bought me a sandwich. This was nice of them. Overall the interview process was fast. I received a reply within a day after my on site interview.

Interview Question – Given an array of characters which form a sentence of words, give an efficient algorithm to reverse the order of the words (not characters) in it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MobiTV in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was quick and efficient. Very well done.

Interview Question – How to code double linked binary tree efficiently.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My offer was very fair so no negotiations were required.

IT Interview

IT
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MobiTV in February 2011.

Interview Details – The initial phone screening was pleasant. The first person I interviewed was the Head of QA who I would work for in a heartbeat. He was clearly brilliant and very pleasant to chat with. The next person was with a VP (?), who talked more about industry including managerial politics and leadership I had at a prior company. He was also very pleasant nonetheless. Next person was a Senior Engineer who seemed to hold a grudge about my prior employer since he apparently interviewed but was not selected. I don't recall interviewing him so he probably spoke with my boss who had his own unique criteria for screening. I misspoke terabytes vs. pedabytes while discussing storage with him but I was nervous at that point with that particular interviewer. The third person was with another Senior SA who was very charming, technically savvy, and asked some excellent problem solving questions. The fourth person was someone who rose up from the "Op's" trenches and was very nice and asked a lot of textbook questions but not in an intimidating way. It was clear that I needed to refresh some web engineering skill sets I hadn't used for years. There was a postit note on the door when he and I walked out which made me assume we were done and I didn't make the "cut." All in all, it was a long exhausting process, but I needed the experience because I hadn't interviewed until very recently. The process has definitely changed since the "Manic Recession."

Interview Question – What are your top ten UNIX commands that you would factor as the most important to you if you could choose only ten?   Answer Question

Director of IT Interview

Director of IT
Emeryville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MobiTV in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the former vp of hr. The interview was fairly standard but they really tried to sell the company on being a startup and all of the perks. I negotiated salary via phone and also had to meet all of the founders. They sent a formal offer letter and I started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. Always negotiate your salary otherwise you're throwing away $ and not starting your job on the offense.

Worked for MobiTV? Contribute to the Community!