Mobile Mini

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Mobile Mini.

Interview Details – Questions were asked in a casual conversation, he was very good at his job, this was a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes

Interview Question – Why do I want to work for Mobile Mini   View Answer

Inside Sales Represnetatibve Interview

North Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person - interviewed at Mobile Mini in August 2010.

Interview Details – inperson interview

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   View Answer

Accounting Director Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mobile Mini in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Initial HR phone screen, a series of face to face interviews (two on one, one on one). Most interesting item was an online personality test. Face to face interviews were typical questions, mostly adding details/color to resume items and previous experiences. A combination of technical and behavioral, with a fair amount of openness to the company challenges.

Interview Question – No surprises. Like any interview, do your homework.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation offer was not in line with market.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mobile Mini in June 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online. Personality test. Phone interview with Human Resources. 2nd interview with manager. Drug test.

Interview Question – Basic sales technique questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mobile Mini in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, In person interview with hiring supervisor. Interview with VP

Interview Question – Nothing difficult . Very easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set salary. They hired me as a team lead, then changed my title to Supervisor, switched me from hourly to salary added more responsibility and gave me no pay increase.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mobile Mini in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was set up with an interview by email and given a choice of about 3 different days and times. I picked the next day at 1:30. The office manager seemed nice enough at the time. Told me if I had any problems finding the place, to call her. It was located pretty far North of where I live, so I headed out about 30 minutes prior. It was pretty hard to spot and when I got near the destination it was almost 1:30 so I called the number she gave me to call so I could ask her which building it was, because there were 2 buildings like the one she described, white with blue trim. I got no answer, just the voice mail, so I drove into an industrial fenced area and pulled up next to the second white building with blue trim. A woman came outside and asked me my name and I shook her hand and said hello, are you so and so? She said yes, I handed her my application, she then stated that punctuality is very important in this industry and I apologized and then told her that I had tried to call because I had gotten lost and only got the voice mail. She proceeded to let me know that other applicants had arrived as early as an hour before their interviews. I said, "So you won't even consider my application because I was 5 minutes late?" She said it was 1:38. I told her I had been at the building next door trying to call her but got no answer and she didn't even care so I took back my resume and application and left. Needless to say I wasted my time and gas going to this interview only to be turned down before I even had a chance to interview but in retrospect, it was too far and she was not someone I would probably want to work for anyway.

Very Easy Interview

Office Manager/Dispatcher Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mobile Mini in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy, depending on what branch you apply at and who interviews you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all

Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mobile Mini.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and 3 in person. 2nd phone interview was with a lady that told me she only had a couple of minutes that she was standing at her daughters school waiting to pick her up!! In person interviews was with the hiring mananger, manager of sales and the VP. After all the interviews (a total of almost 3 weeks), they said they would contact me on a specific day, that day came and went. I had to call them 4 times before I got a hold of someone that told me that a "decision would be made later that day and that I would hear from them the following day" - no surprise that next day came and went and still nothing. Finally had to email them and go a response of they hiried from within (which I totally am ok with) and they asked if I would like to start at the entry level and interview when the next supervisor position opened up. I said yes, I asked when the next traning class would be and she told me that she would get with the other hiring manager and one of them would be in touch with me within the week. That was in EARLY Nov, and I have called and emailed them to see if they have a date and of course no communication from them. Kind of glad now that I did not get hired, if that is the type of in office recruiters they have.

Interview Question – nothing too out of the normal, the basic tell me about you and your experience.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mobile Mini in August 2009.

Interview Details – Was brought on through the acquisition of Mobile Storage Group

Interview Question – How would you sell to someone that has never used storage containers before?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Poor. Take it or leave it offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mobile Mini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mobile Mini interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mobile Mini employees and interview candidates.