MobileIron Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

6-7 people interviewed me. They asked questions on data-structures and made me write code as well as to explain snippet of code. They asked about a queue implementation, smart pointer implementation, templates in objective-c, reverse-str, etc. They also discussed about synchronization in multi- threading and use of mutexes to wait on resources

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MobileIron.

Interview

The Interview process was succinct, thorough, and most importantly fast. Recruiter screening, followed the hiring manager, the regional manager, 2 employees, and in person interviews. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Sales - Went through typical sales knowledge questions, deal sizes, tested your knowledge of the channel ecosystem. The 2 hiring managers provided candid feedback of strengths and weaknesses as it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Telephonic with HR
    2. Onsite rounds
        - HR
        - Senior Software Engineer
        - Director

All my rounds were good. But i couldnt answers "Best Questions" described below.

Interview Questions

• 1. Senior Software Engineer round
      - Entire JAVA concepts (including multithreading, collections are imp)
      - Programming question (find duplicates, reversing array)
      - Android basics

2. Director round
      - Design Question
      - Scaling Question
      - Again JAVA and programming questions (some were same I guess interviewers were not in sync)
      - Best Questions (i doubt even google will ask such questions)
        - Implement Tries
        - Dijkstra's algorithm
        - TCP (I not a networking guy nor the profile was)

Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MobileIron.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. The recruiter was a total slacker and had the most irrelevant things to talk about - maybe he was trying to sound a little more intelligent than his IQ permitted. Not to mention it took two emails and three calls to get him to do anything. Finally my friend had to get him to follow-up. So if you don't have an insider helping you, don't even bother.

The phone screen went smooth and they took another three weeks to find a time two get just three more folks lined up. I finally pitch up on site and the place was a dump! Most depressing place to work. Also, they bragged about how much they are growing that they have to move people around in the same building - didn't make sense at all... if you are adding more people in the same building, moving people from cube to cube creates more space? Anyways... everyone looked depressed, stressed, and certainly didn't want to be there. Don't blame them.

Everyone I talked to was late, something that shows total apathy towards interviewee - like I didn't matter. If I was trying to hire, I would make people feel like rockstars or at least acknowledge their time was as valuable as mine. OR.. Don't invite people to take a day off from their work and come onsite. I think they were all going through the motions.

I interviewed with Airwatch after that and what a 360... I guess that's why they got bought for twice the price than MobileIron's current value. Ha!

Interview Questions

• They had the most cliched questions that really had any relevance to skills required to get the job done. Infact, I'm not even sure if the people who were there knew what they needed to do to get the job done. In every question I had to answer the stupid questions and some how link it to what I wanted them to know so at least I feel like I gave them something of value to assess me. I know I sound like a "know it all", but trust me folks, if you were in my shoes, you'd have seen the same thing.   Answer Question

MobileIron Response

Jan 20, 2015Director of Talent

We're sorry you had such an experience while visiting us. We're working to improve the process and hope that in the future all candidates come away with an impression that is more reflected in the ... More

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I applied for this job from Glassdoor and the recruiter came for some good time for Phone screening, I had good interaction with him then a technical interview happened, it was all about basics in QA.
    Then I was called for an onsite interview, which had four rounds starting with HR, then QA Lead, QA Manager, Software developer and finally with VP.
    Once the interview is completed VP came and said they are ready to extend the offer.
    Office space was good but with low light everywhere and conference rooms are ok, but people are good.
    After 3-4 days HR sent me the offer with exactly what I was expecting but I had many queries like on benefits, stocks, bonus etc etc got cleared on everything.
    And finally I accepted the offer.

401k is not there
    Can have more perks
    Vacation leaves are less.
    No joining bonus, which was very disappointing!

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate area of a circular shape in which a slice is removed   1 Answer

Negotiation

H1 transfer premium process was done by the company, could not get a joining bonus.

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

MobileIron folks were organized, informed, prepared, and pleasant. It was refreshing to talk with interviewers who were honest and positive. They asked insightful questions and truly cared that the person they brought in could make the changes they knew they needed. Looks like a great place to work. An all -around positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Positive, to the point, and speedy. Amazingly well-organized staff.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The online employment application has many flaws. It was missing buttons when using Chrome Version 37.0.2062.103 m “Submit” and “Save & Return Later” buttons. Fields of the form were missing Expand feature and there were several inconsistencies making it hard to fill out the form. The company has many job postings for which there are interviewing but hot hiring many of them either are not being removed from the job postings list after they were filled. I felt that it was a perfect fit and 2 hours later got the rejection email followed by the "Status of your interview will be provided as soon as all the feedback has been collected" email the next day - which seems out of sequence. When a Company has hundreds of posting normally it tells you that they are very eager to hire as many people as they can because they are growing and expanding offices very quickly. I felt I was not given a fair opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Blue grip pen with red ink how would you test the pen test   1 Answer

Director of Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume via one of their employees ( a former colleague of mine ) and within 3 days I was contacted by their internal recruiter. We spoke for awhile and later on that same day, I was contacted to schedule an in person interview for later on that week. I was impressed at the speed at which the process moved.
    When I had my in person interview, everyone was extremely friendly and asked relevant questions pertaining to my experience and background. Interviews can be tense and awkward, but that was not the case at MobileIron. I was put at ease from the time I sat down in the conference room. There were not any trick questions or never was I asked something that caught me off guard. Overall, as interviews go, it was one of the more pleasant ones I have had.

Interview Questions

• What is the one event I have done that sticks in my mind?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MobileIron in October 2014.

Interview

Company was flexible to allow reducing Interviewing time to accommodate my personal needs which is much appreciated. Interview was well planned and well conducted. Questions were mostly thoughtful and 'to the point'. Covered my overall QA Experience with specifics of many products tested. Nice people and very friendly environment. I'd grade this whole process as A+.
    Thanks.

Interview Questions

• Find the middle of round with missing quadrant area.   1 Answer

MobileIron Response

Oct 10, 2014Sr. Recruiting and Systems Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience in the interview process. We strive to make it a positive experience to everyone who has contact with MobileIron, whether you're a candidate or a customer ... More

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MobileIron in October 2014.

Interview

I am still going to the process but wanted to share my impression about the company and the process so far.
    MobileIron has been in my radar since last year because I was really impressed not only with its product and solutions but also with the fact that customer success it is in its DNA. So when the a fit position came available, I jumped into the opportunity and applied for it.

The interview process so far has been a very pleasant one. Why? 1. The staffing team is very responsive, and I truly appreciate that they take the time to answer my questions and provide feedback. 2. The moment I walked into the office, I noticed that people still took the time to greet me. That says a lot about the culture.