MobileIron

Updated Nov 4, 2014

3.1

Director of Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MobileIron in October 2014.

I submitted a resume via one of their employees ( a former colleague of mine ) and within 3 days I was contacted by their internal recruiter. We spoke for awhile and later on that same day, I was contacted to schedule an in person interview for later on that week. I was impressed at the speed at which the process moved.
    When I had my in person interview, everyone was extremely friendly and asked relevant questions pertaining to my experience and background. Interviews can be tense and awkward, but that was not the case at MobileIron. I was put at ease from the time I sat down in the conference room. There were not any trick questions or never was I asked something that caught me off guard. Overall, as interviews go, it was one of the more pleasant ones I have had.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one event I have done that sticks in my mind?   View Answer

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MobileIron in October 2014.

The online employment application has many flaws. It was missing buttons when using Chrome Version 37.0.2062.103 m “Submit” and “Save & Return Later” buttons. Fields of the form were missing Expand feature and there were several inconsistencies making it hard to fill out the form. The company has many job postings for which there are interviewing but hot hiring many of them either are not being removed from the job postings list after they were filled. I felt that it was a perfect fit and 2 hours later got the rejection email followed by the "Status of your interview will be provided as soon as all the feedback has been collected" email the next day - which seems out of sequence. When a Company has hundreds of posting normally it tells you that they are very eager to hire as many people as they can because they are growing and expanding offices very quickly. I felt I was not given a fair opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Blue grip pen with red ink how would you test the pen test   View Answer

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MobileIron in October 2014.

Company was flexible to allow reducing Interviewing time to accommodate my personal needs which is much appreciated. Interview was well planned and well conducted. Questions were mostly thoughtful and 'to the point'. Covered my overall QA Experience with specifics of many products tested. Nice people and very friendly environment. I'd grade this whole process as A+.
    Thanks.

Interview Questions
    • Find the middle of round with missing quadrant area.   View Answer

MobileIron Response

Oct 10, 2014Sr. Recruiting and Systems Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience in the interview process. We strive to make it a positive experience to everyone who has contact with MobileIron, whether you're a candidate or a customer ... More

Management Consultant-Customer Success Programs Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MobileIron in October 2014.

I am still going to the process but wanted to share my impression about the company and the process so far.
    MobileIron has been in my radar since last year because I was really impressed not only with its product and solutions but also with the fact that customer success it is in its DNA. So when the a fit position came available, I jumped into the opportunity and applied for it.

The interview process so far has been a very pleasant one. Why? 1. The staffing team is very responsive, and I truly appreciate that they take the time to answer my questions and provide feedback. 2. The moment I walked into the office, I noticed that people still took the time to greet me. That says a lot about the culture.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MobileIron.

Wow. The hiring process for this role moved fast, and my in-person interview was pretty intense. The people who work at MobileIron in Austin are among the nicest and most brilliant I have had the chance to interview with, and I was please to be informed that they were moving forward with me. I was looking forward to getting started, but unfortunately the offer they made was beneath my bottom line to leave my current job. The people were nice, but the recruiter seemed annoyed/disappointed that I wouldn't accept the offer as it stood. All in all, I am disappointed I couldn't join the team but expect big things from them in the future! Couldn't ask for nicer and more intelligent team members, they made me feel right at home!

Interview Questions
    • The entire interview was a series of difficult AD and CLI-based questions   Answer Question

Offer was significantly less than I was expecting for the responsibilities of the role, and management was not willing to budge on their offer. It's a shame.

Lead User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at MobileIron in September 2014.

Communication throughout the hiring and interview process was excellent. Initial phone interview was thorough and very informative. Scheduling of the in-person interview was easy and quick. I was extremely satisfied with my in person interview. I had ample opportunities to chat to team members and the UX director about working at MobileIron and how my role would add value to the team and products. My research presentation generated very insightful questions from the team and we had a good discussion of the challenges of conducting UX research for mobile.

Interview Questions
    • what kinds of in-product metrics do you think are most insightful to assess user experience in mobile?   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was very simple and I was very satisfied with the overall process.

Android Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MobileIron in September 2014.

One of the worst interview experiences ever . The recruiters are extremely bad and inefficient. I applied online. First the recruiter who contacted me apparently left the job after he scheduled the first interview so there was confusion with the interviewer calling me almost after 3 hours than the arranged time. I cleared that interview (simple coding challenge on collabedit) and got an email asking for my availability to come onsite.
    I replied back with my availability. After 4-5 days the recruiter contacts back saying it needs to be postponed by a week. I agreed. After another week still no response. I replied asking if the interview was still on. Everytime i got a robot-like reply asking for more time. Then 22 days after clearing the phone interview i am told that there has been a change in "direction of the position" and i won't be needed to come for the interview . I still see the opening on their website and i cleared the phone interview as well so i do not know why or how this happened.

Clearly one of the most unpleasing/ineffficient interview experiences ever. I cannot even imagine how the company works if their HR and interview team is so bad.

Sales Toools Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MobileIron in August 2014.

Contacted by Recruiter; over a month later they restarted search and contacted me again. 1 hour phone interview with hiring manager. Scheduled 4 hour onsite interview that was abruptly cut short 1/3 way through, with offer to reschedule. Confused and frustrated when I cleared my schedule for the 4 hour onsite and after meeting with the hiring manager (3rd of of 8 scheduled interviews) the process was abruptly aborted with a vague excuse and offer to reschedule that never came.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected that the hiring manager stated that next interviewer would be right in and 10 minutes later an HR staff member tells me the rest of the interview team would be unable to continue the interview due to conflicts and that the recruiter would contact me to reschedule   View Answer

Senior Manager, Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MobileIron in August 2014.

Initially, I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. I liked the description of the position and thought it was a very good match for my skills set and career direction. After phone interview with recruiter, I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. I then had a set of interviews with key members of the extended sales organization. Each person seemed to really enjoy working at MobileIron and recommended it as a place to work. One person could not believe they had been there 5 years already. You know how the saying goes "Time flies when you are having fun". That sure seemed to be the case. One of the buildings was very bright with lots of windows around then entire place. The other building was not as bright with light. The culture seemed to be a nice balance of engineers, sales, and finance. There was a tiki tent of some kind in the middle of the room but also lots of computer with spreadsheets up and people discussing projects. I found it to be warm and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • As I met with people from IT, as well as Sales, and Finance, the questions came from all over including very technical questions about sales tools, business processes, and even some formula ideas. There were not questions that seemed out of place or off the wall.   Answer Question
    There was lots of healthy discussion back and forth with the recruiter. Once we agreed on the terms a document was drawn up and signed by both sides. My advice would be to talk about everything you want with the recruiter. Do not leave anything out. That way, even if you do not get everything you want, you will feel that you were heard and were able to discuss it.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Had a long but great interview process with MobileIron. I had six separate interviews, two phone interviews on site, and four in person interviews. All of the employees I interviewed with we're extremely nice and all had nothing but great things to say about their respective positions. Each interview was about thirty minutes. I got a great sense of how the company culture was, and I loved what I saw. The office was very friendly and everyone was personable. I would be disappointed to not receive a job offer after the interview process is complete.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your proudest moments during your volunteer experience?   Answer Question