Mocana

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Human Resources Interview

Director of Human Resources
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Mocana in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1st step - phone interview with hiring manager. He was prompt, friendly, candid and organized. Was invited into office for in person interview within 1 week of initial contact.

2nd round consisted of meeting five stakeholders. All were prepared, pleasant to speak to and candid about strengths and challenges facing company.

I received candid feedback as a couple other applicants were considered. Position was ultimately elevated to VP level, with prior VP level experience required, so I did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – What is HR?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mocana in April 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume via Jobvite, I heard back from HR that they wanted to set up a phone interview with the CFO. This phone interview lasted a little over an hour and was probably one of the most pleasant phone interviews I've ever had. CFO has a breadth of knowledge within the software field and was very engaging. It was more a two way conversation than a one-sided interview that many phone interviews end up becoming. At the end of the conversation I was scheduled to come in and meet the team.

The office interviews consisted of a few group interviews and a few one on one interviews. Everyone was extremely kind, excited to be working at the company and easy to interact with. Parts of the interview were technical in nature and we mildly challenging while other parts were more fit/personality based.

To be totally honest I gave the best interview of my entire working career, from beginning to end. Part was preparation but most of it was because of the quality of questions presented, the people who asked them were knowledgable and friendly, but most importantly I took more away from the interview learning about myself than the position itself.

I was extremely disappointed when I found out I didn't get the position. But they were very clear in their follow up on why I didn't get the position, which I wholeheartedly appreciated. In the aftermath, I have nothing but extremely nice things to say about the team and company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• How are the balance sheet, cash flow and income statement related?   Answer Question
  • Who should have the final say in a dispute between program management and finance?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mocana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mocana interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Mocana employees and interview candidates.