ModCloth

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.8

Accounting Position Interview

I have seen the same accounting position advertised several times online. They are now listing it for the third time. I applied to the positions twice because the first posting I never heard anything such as a rejection. The second time I was contacted and had a phone screening set up.

The phone screen was totally one sided and was just to ask me questions of my background. I reached back out to Modcloth a few days later and heard nothing. Then two weeks after the screening I get a system generated rejection even though I have prior work experience to fill the position.

It seems ModCloth is struggling to know what they want in an employee as what they post in a job ad is not what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions was ask as the screening just focused on my prior work.   Answer Question

Intake Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crafton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crafton, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ModCloth.

Group interview of 8 people took place, with whom was seemingly an inexperienced HR recruiter. They asked some typical questions, and some off-hand. As long as you spoke up, she showed interest in you.

Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ModCloth.

I heard back after submitting my application within about a week, to come in for an interview. I was told to bring a copy of my resume and dress comfortably, no need to be formal. When I arrived for the interview though, I found out that it was a group interview, with about 7 other people. It went well, but throughout the process I found it to be very impersonal, as I felt my answers had to compete with the other interviewees, and it was just overall really uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. It was mostly just an unexpected method for hiring to be in a room with 8 other people trying for the same position. The question would be asked, then we'd go in a circle answering.   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate pay, which was not taken into consideration, as this was supposedly the starting rate for the position. This, I found out to be false upon starting.

Model Interview

I had asked the human resources employees to get back to me promptly but they ignored my inquiries and led me to believe that they actually cared about whether or not I had got a spot within the lineup.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ModCloth.

There was an all day interview process which seemed very traditional. Typical software development and Ruby questions were asked. I didn't feel like I was really grilled on the intricacies of the languages, which was nice because those types of questions aren't really needed. There was a pair programming sessions at the end of the day that felt pretty rushed.

Interview Questions
    • What would an ideal day at work be like for you? What about a very unideal day?   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase seemed somewhat broken. They didn't ask my salary requirements, but presented me with an offer that was lower than I expected.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ModCloth.

This was an initial phone screening. A friend had recommended this company and sent my resume to their HR dept. The purpose of the phone call was to get a generally understanding of the state of the company, the state of their engineering team and my background. The phone call lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • As a candidate I want to be sure my time is spent where there is a sound strategy for success. So I asked the in house recruiter where the company would be in several years. The answer was, hopefully an IPO. That really worried me. As an interview candidate, I recommend vetting out this companies goals to see if any exist. Not being able to describe the product and saying you're there because you want to be part of an IPO is a bad sign.   Answer Question

Manager Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ModCloth in November 2013.

Interviewed at Modcloth. Recruiter told me that what hiring manager is looking for is somebody who can manage/motivate the team because it seems what they are lacking is people management. It seems the technical expertise is there but not management expertise. Couple of times the phone interview was setup but the hiring manager did not bother to call. Finally he called. Interview went good( I thought so). But I did not get the offer. I was told that they found somebody else for the job. I checked again after 1 1/2 months and the position is still open. It seems, they can't seem to make up their mind what they are looking for. I agree with other comments that it seems the upper mgmt. is not mature enough.

FC Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ModCloth in June 2013.

Group Interview, Recruiter is not very good. Easy questions. Poorly setup up group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, it was what you would expect. What are you good at, where have you worked before, why don't you work there now. What are your interests.   Answer Question
    Ask any questions you may think will be answered in the future, because they probably won't be.

Not Disclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at ModCloth in May 2013.

This is apparently a company in serious need of some adult supervision.

I was contacted for an interview with the company after being referred by an internal connection. The interview date and time were confirmed by e-mail. Less than 2 hours before my interview was to take place, I got an e-mail from them telling me they'd offered the job to someone else, so they were canceling my interview. If they were that close to filling the position then they shouldn't have committed to interview me, or any other candidates for that matter.

Interview Questions
    • Interview never took place, so no questions were ever asked.   View Answer

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ModCloth in April 2013.

I heard about an opening with ModCloth in their customer service department and decided to apply. I was asked in for a group interview with about 8 other potential candidates and asked questions in a round-robin style. We then had a brief mock chat and phone call session to see how we would actually handle a real situation. I felt comfortable doing this and if talking to people to resolve situations comes naturally to you, this is the perfect job!

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you went above and beyond to provide uncommon service to a customer.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really a negotiation phase. I suggest to ask for more than first offered as far as wage.