ModCloth

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ModCloth.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR for initial screening.
I was sent an assessment on how I would manager certain business scenarios. I sent the assessment back and was told that I did very well.
Went in for 3 interviews where most of the questions were around processes, forecasting, team dynamics, tools/excel.
Didn't get an offer because they didn't feel like I fit the company culture despite having the skill set.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Excel function? What is the most difficult Excel formula you've written?   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ModCloth.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me via linkedin about a Merchandise Planner position. At the time, I had 4 years of experience in ecommerce. We had a lengthy phone conversation and I later heard back via email that the Hiring Manager did not think I had enough ecommerce experience (even though I had 4 years). I think the real reason they didn't bring me in for an interview was that the Recruiter didn't like my personality. Start ups are all about cultural fit.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Worked for ModCloth? Contribute to the Community!