Model N Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Screening by HR
    Phone Screening by Director : Very short interview, to the point standard questions such as Why PM, how many years of experience, Something you don't like about PM.

1st In person Interview : 1 Director PM, 1 Hiring Manager, 1 VP PM, 1 Engineering Director, In depth detailed interview 3 case studies of developing 3 products

2nd in person interview: A complete case study end to end of developing a website, some UI interactions and mockup skills needed.

Interview Questions

• If you know about yourself, know about your company, no question is difficult. Very standard case studies that you will do in MBA   Answer Question

User Experience Design Lead/Architecvt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted directly by their in-house recruiter. She was interested in moving forward after our initial conversation and scheduled an interview visit for the following week. The time/date didn't work out, so we agreed to reschedule. Crickets for a few weeks, although the recruiter said she'd schedule the interviews for the following week. I had given up when she called again out of nowhere and with no warning, wanting to schedule the interview again. OK, fine. When I arrived for the interview, I waited about 10 minutes for the recruiter to appear, which already cut into the scheduled interview time (it was only scheduled for 1 hour). I was led into the main office area to a messy conference room, then left alone for another few minutes. Since I had been asked to present my work to the interview group, I set up my laptop, figured out all of the logistics myself, and erased enough of the completely full whiteboard (the only surface on which to project) to use for the interview. I was joined by the hiring manager, head of Product Management, and an engineer. We walked through a few of my examples and things seemed to go well. I asked to see their project, which they were happy to share. We ran 20 minutes late (they were driving at this point), no sign of the recruiter, then the hiring manager walked me to the door. Casual and positive conversation and a little discussion about next steps.

And that is where it ended. I contacted the recruiter for feedback the next day. She didn't respond. Tried again, and again no response. After a third attempt, I had no desire to associate with this completely unprofessional bunch.

Interview Questions

• Something about how to get to consensus on design decisions, not a very challenging or well informed question.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Round 01

Recruiter contacted my from my application on Linkedin. Did not ask for whether it was good time to talk, and started asking questions majorly to do with my experience working with cross functional team, my decision to take up a design career, and about my current product. Asked to have a look a current examples of work, which I did share via email. Most of the questions asked were standard.

The recruiter spoke about two positions, and said that my profile fitted in well for both roles.

Round 02
    Set up for a phone interview with the Technical Director for 45 minutes. The technical director was more interested in how I worked with team, in the past as well as my current project. Asked me to walkthrough one of the projects on my portfolio. The questions focused majorly on people management, than design. We ran out of time, and I did not get a chance to ask any questions and the conversation ended pretty abruptly.

The recruiter wrote to me asking if I did have my conversation with the Director. Did write a couple of mails to the recruiter asking for a follow up, but no response till date. Really unprofessional.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone screen and On-site interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Very friendly management

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The staff at Model N seem unhappy and it reflects in the interview process. They seem to want to scare you off instead of selling the company as a good place to work at. If the interview is a negative experience, why would anyone pursue a position there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with negative and demanding people.   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

First had detail telephonic interview. After being selected was asked to come down to office, where I was interviewed by 3 ppl. HR seems to be quite slow in response or might have more applicants but I had to follow up to know what is the result.
    First they told me to hold on and then they said, they have some other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Gave me analytical question to solve   1 Answer

Referral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

2 phone interview
    1 personal 2 hour interview
    one onsite interview with 6 different group members
    Personal and background check
    Making the cut had nothing to do with how good you are it has to do with getting 6 individual OK's and that can be tough

Interview Questions

• prioritizing work load   Answer Question
    • career path - tricky because it is risky. do not aim too high, stick with what you've got and ask them what they have to offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little ability to negotiate salary

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone Call Recruited, followed by In Person Interview

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Did phone screening with the hiring manager, talked about background and qualifications. Then was asked some technical screening questions about datawarehousing and algorithms.

The questions were about problems they seemed to have encountered in their daily work. There was also a discussion about my background with having me explain what I did in the past. The engineers I talked to were friendly and informal, making sure I was comfortable.

The office was the usual cube farm with manager offices in front of the windows. There was a kitchen area with a snack machine, water tea and coffee,

Interview Questions

• Come up with a priority queue implementation in Java on the whiteboard.   1 Answer
    • In a data warehouse schema how do you model time frames for contracts, so that you can query by quarter, date, etc   Answer Question