Model N

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Model N in March 2014.

Interview Details – Round 01

Recruiter contacted my from my application on Linkedin. Did not ask for whether it was good time to talk, and started asking questions majorly to do with my experience working with cross functional team, my decision to take up a design career, and about my current product. Asked to have a look a current examples of work, which I did share via email. Most of the questions asked were standard.

The recruiter spoke about two positions, and said that my profile fitted in well for both roles.

Round 02
Set up for a phone interview with the Technical Director for 45 minutes. The technical director was more interested in how I worked with team, in the past as well as my current project. Asked me to walkthrough one of the projects on my portfolio. The questions focused majorly on people management, than design. We ran out of time, and I did not get a chance to ask any questions and the conversation ended pretty abruptly.

The recruiter wrote to me asking if I did have my conversation with the Director. Did write a couple of mails to the recruiter asking for a follow up, but no response till date. Really unprofessional.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Model N.

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Phone screen and On-site interviews

Interview Question – Reverse a LinkedList   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Very friendly management

Referral Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Model N in May 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interview
1 personal 2 hour interview
one onsite interview with 6 different group members
Personal and background check
Making the cut had nothing to do with how good you are it has to do with getting 6 individual OK's and that can be tough

Interview Questions

• prioritizing work load   Answer Question
  • career path - tricky because it is risky. do not aim too high, stick with what you've got and ask them what they have to offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little ability to negotiate salary

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Model N in October 2011.

Interview Details – First had detail telephonic interview. After being selected was asked to come down to office, where I was interviewed by 3 ppl. HR seems to be quite slow in response or might have more applicants but I had to follow up to know what is the result.
First they told me to hold on and then they said, they have some other candidates.

Interview Question – Gave me analytical question to solve   View Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Model N in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Call Recruited, followed by In Person Interview

Interview Question – What do you do?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Model N in June 2009.

Interview Details – Did phone screening with the hiring manager, talked about background and qualifications. Then was asked some technical screening questions about datawarehousing and algorithms.

The questions were about problems they seemed to have encountered in their daily work. There was also a discussion about my background with having me explain what I did in the past. The engineers I talked to were friendly and informal, making sure I was comfortable.

The office was the usual cube farm with manager offices in front of the windows. There was a kitchen area with a snack machine, water tea and coffee,

Interview Questions

• Come up with a priority queue implementation in Java on the whiteboard.   View Answer
  • In a data warehouse schema how do you model time frames for contracts, so that you can query by quarter, date, etc   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Model N? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Model N interview questions and advice in Redwood City, CA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Model N employees and interview candidates.