Modell's Sporting Goods

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was an in house interview. Was sat down in the managers office, and was greeted by a nice women. It was a one on one interview, and she was friendly and comforting throughout. she asked basic questions about my living proximity to the store, and why I was applying. How i found the job etc. She then asked my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied in-person and interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – A whole bunch of un reached goals. Manager tells you one thing and when you start the job everything changes.long wait for the manager to call you in to the actual interview. I waited 2 hrs

Interview Question – Very easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Very Easy Interview

Footwear Associate Interview

Footwear Associate
Allentown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy for this position. I think it was more about getting to know who I was than actually grilling me on questions.

Interview Question – The hardest question was what would you do with an irate customer. My answer was call a manager and then security.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Went to open house, posted on craiglist.
got called back a few days later for a second interview and got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – Was interviewed in home office and really spent 45 minutes talking about footwear strategies being used between the major chains. Conversation flowed very easily and there was no structured questions used to complete the interview.my previous position was with a major competitor and I spent time talking about the pros and cons go there operations.

Interview Question – There was one question directed at one of the competitors vp. It was inappropriate interview question and I kind of spoke around it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiate
Ing

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a friend while visiting her at work one night. The manager asked me to come in for an interview the next day and was offered the job.

Interview Question – Just very general questions about myself and availability.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews. One with a Regional Recruiter and one with a District Manager. I know people who had 3 or 4 interviews though.

Interview Questions

• Went in to specific sales amounts and gross profit margins of previous businesses.   Answer Question
  • If your previous District Manager were to write a review about your performance what would be a negative aspect he/she would include?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one. They gave a price and wouldn't budge.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – submitted application and within a week the interview was scheduled. Interview consisted of experience, hours and availability, and morals.

Interview Question – unexpected: as a customer what would you like to see different.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – submitted app, got called, easy interview

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – I applied online through Indeed.com.I was contacted by a recruiter after a week to set up an interview.I met with the recruiter and the interview consisted of many character questions.It was easy.I then met with the district manager.He was really down to earth.We discussed my previous experience mostly.I suggest having great questions to ask and talking to current assistant managers to prepare.I was contacted within a week with an offer contingent to background check.The recruiter got back to me within a week to discuss start date and attire.The process took about 5 weeks.

Interview Question – N/a   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Modell's Sporting Goods

Worked for Modell's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Modell's Sporting Goods interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Modell's Sporting Goods employees and interview candidates.