Modell's Sporting Goods

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.4

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

I applied online and a couple of days later someone contacted me over the phone and asked if I could come in. I went in the next day about 15min before scheduled time. I waited for awhile probably like 30 min until my interview. My interview took place in an office but the person who interviewed before me was interviewed in the store next to jeans! Interview was quick and I was asked like 4 questions. Like why modells, describe yourself. Just make sure to have a lot of questions ready because thats important to them.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

applied online, received a call three days later for an interview. Laid back relaxed interview, manager made you feel comfortable. employees were welcoming. Mainly basic retail questions, a few unexpected ones.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about modells? Which previous employer did you like the most/least? Which employer had high customer service standards? What did your old manager teach you?   Answer Question
    Didn't discuss pay yet.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

Walked in and told a girl who told me to sit and wait. Waited about 30 minutes then asked another lady who also told me to wait. There was another girl there also and possibly others for the interview. Then i was called and it was a nice, brief interview. Easy questions, why do you want to work here? experience? what does customer service mean?

n/a minimum wage

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

I had to wait about 20 minutes for the assistant manager to come and get me from the shoe department. but she was extremely cool. she made me very comfortable during the interview. She explained the company to me, my daily duties and explained how fair things were at modells. everything is very fair. no one was superior to the other. if the associates clean the bathrooms and break rooms so does the managers.

Interview Questions
    none. this was my first job so minimum wage

Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

A whole bunch of un reached goals. Manager tells you one thing and when you start the job everything changes.long wait for the manager to call you in to the actual interview. I waited 2 hrs

There was none

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods in July 2014.

Applied online one morning to a few locations. A few hours later I was called and asked to come in the next day for an interview. Went for the interview with a manager who asked the basic questions, why modell's? Etc. told me what they were looking for and what they needed new hires to do. I told the manager I could do that. Then she told me to come the next day for the orientation. So basically I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All the basic questions, though I did trip on one out of being nervous. Can't remember what it was.   Answer Question
    None, I don't have a lot of experience so I took what they offered since it was same as my last job.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Went to open house, posted on craiglist.
    got called back a few days later for a second interview and got hired on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Was interviewed in home office and really spent 45 minutes talking about footwear strategies being used between the major chains. Conversation flowed very easily and there was no structured questions used to complete the interview.my previous position was with a major competitor and I spent time talking about the pros and cons go there operations.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question directed at one of the competitors vp. It was inappropriate interview question and I kind of spoke around it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiate
    Ing

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

I was recommended by a friend while visiting her at work one night. The manager asked me to come in for an interview the next day and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just very general questions about myself and availability.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

2 Interviews. One with a Regional Recruiter and one with a District Manager. I know people who had 3 or 4 interviews though.

Interview Questions
    • Went in to specific sales amounts and gross profit margins of previous businesses.   Answer Question
    • If your previous District Manager were to write a review about your performance what would be a negative aspect he/she would include?   Answer Question
    There really wasn't one. They gave a price and wouldn't budge.