Modern Woodmen

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Modern Woodmen in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met in a local restaurant. Recruiter sold the company and asked a few questions. Casual.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Modern Woodmen has no office in Charlotte, NC. Lacks resources for someone new to the business. Seemed to have a good benefits package.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview Details – There are four interviews required. However, my hiring manager condensed the last two together. They have a structured process with set questions that are typical.

There were two online tests, one for personality and one quantitative before the initial interview. The personality quiz is to see if you will be a good fit to the career, and the quantitative is to see if you will pass the licensing test with ease.

Interview Question – The questions were very typical personality interview questions. There wasn't anything out of the blue that I felt was difficult or required a lot of preparation.   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Modern Woodmen in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process was a drawn out one for me. First, you will take an assessment which basically asks - " are you comfortable completely relying on selling insurance to your friends and family for financial support". If you answer no, you won't be chosen because that's what the job is even though they won't openly admit it (otherwise you are cold calling for your paycheck). I had an interview, came in to speak with the local manager (which took over 2 1/2 hours - consisting of giving me an entire book with of recruiting material and an obvious recruitment spiel), had to go to another recruiting event in which I heard the same spiel again but only an hour. After that I was being considered for an internship, but then I had to take a personality assessment. That's when I decided to stop pursuing a career there.
This is a SALES job that heavily relies on your connections for income (friends and family).

Interview Question – Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not want to rely on my friends/family to support me financially. Due to this I realized I would be cold calling for a living. I did not go to school to have a job consisting of cold calling people.

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview Details – We went through only 2 interviews before I was offered the position. The interview process involved meeting with a manager and he asking me questions about myself and then he told me about the career and what some of the things to expect were. I was also given phone numbers of other individuals to call who were in the business. I was also told about how to become a leader with MWA. I had to go through 2 profile tests and pass a criminal and credit background check to get the position.

Interview Question – What difficulty would we have in developing you?   Answer Question

Roanoke, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Modern Woodmen in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen led to an in-person interview. In-person consisted of being handed a packet and some extra information.

Interview Question – How can you convince me that you've got the drive to succeed in this business?   Answer Question

Financial Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview Details – 3-tiered interview process. Included filling out a budget form so that they could tailor the base salary to my needs. Essentially, if you are an insurance salesman and you are honest, have integrity, and will put the client first, you'll be hired. It also helps to be able to put together a list of names/contacts so that you can get your business off the ground. This will

Interview Question – What are your career goals? Where do you want to end up in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tailored my 'base' salary according to my needs, but it means that (in order to stay contracted) you must sell enough life insurance to provide for your own base (or at least close to it).

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Modern Woodmen in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Modern Woodmen is a very selective company. Interview consists of one on ones, market surveys, project list, trial appointments, internet testing, background checks, credit checks, buisness lunches and more. It was a very fustrating time because I felt like I was being strung along but in the end I feel it helped to prepare me for my career at Modern Woodmen.

Interview Question – Doing the market surveys   View Answer

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Modern Woodmen in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied, after they reviewed my resume I received an email to take a test, I must of passed because I received a phone interview, then interview in person, then another with Regional manager, then final one with both managers.

Interview Question – How is your credit? any foreclosures or bankruptcies lately?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate its commission and you may qualify for some allowance if you do work hard. But they offer great benefits.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!