Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I was contacted by the company after dropping my resume off at the career fair that Modern Woodmen attended at my university. I was asked to complete a thorough questionnaire to see if my values matched that of Modern Woodmen's. After getting a follow-up call from the company, they scheduled an initial interview the following week. The first interview essentially explained what Modern Woodmen did and stood for morally as a company. At the end, I was asked if I felt that I would be a good fit for the company, and after saying that I did, I was asked back for a second interview. The second interview followed much more of a standard interview with questions about my past experiences, career goals, and personality type.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered a position at another larger company (Goldman Sachs, EY, etc.) while still being a Modern Woodmen employee, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the hourly wage that commission employees at the office had agreed to pay the interns and asked. I was offered either the hourly wage or the opportunity to take the internship for college credit. I chose to take it for the hourly wage.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It takes about 4 interviews over a few weeks. Very intense. It also helps you learn how you will do in the business by providing/requiring 30 "Market Surveys" where you will have to go in your community and ask people to refer you to 5 other people to speak with about possibly helping them or becoming their financial representative. You will also need to fill out a list of 200 possible candidates you can approach on business. If this business is for you, you will be able to complete these tasks in a month or less. If this business is not for you, you will figure that out during this process. It is a very effective interview process and equally fulfilling and difficult.

Interview Questions

• Market Surveys were unexpected but necessary and very effective.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Salem, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with district manager for initial interview that lasted about an hour. Was then given some company literature and asked to come up with a list of 200 names using a packet that listed different areas to help come up with names. Follow up meeting and at the present time still trying to decide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview with a Managing Partner and a Regional Director. After that, I was called to go eat lunch with the Managing Partner who would later be my Managing Partner.

Interview Questions

Interview

The career site is very confusing & not user friendly. There's no list of jobs with descriptions, instead it's a series of people's photos and their comments. I finally figured out the application process & when it said to hit the next button to continue to the career questionnaire, I instead got a message that said there were no jobs in my zip code. Maybe I wanted to look nationwide? I decided not to pursue employment there & will share this information with others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX).

Interview

We went through only 2 interviews before I was offered the position. The interview process involved meeting with a manager and he asking me questions about myself and then he told me about the career and what some of the things to expect were. I was also given phone numbers of other individuals to call who were in the business. I was also told about how to become a leader with MWA. I had to go through 2 profile tests and pass a criminal and credit background check to get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Gainesville, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was a drawn out one for me. First, you will take an assessment which basically asks - " are you comfortable completely relying on selling insurance to your friends and family for financial support". If you answer no, you won't be chosen because that's what the job is even though they won't openly admit it (otherwise you are cold calling for your paycheck). I had an interview, came in to speak with the local manager (which took over 2 1/2 hours - consisting of giving me an entire book with of recruiting material and an obvious recruitment spiel), had to go to another recruiting event in which I heard the same spiel again but only an hour. After that I was being considered for an internship, but then I had to take a personality assessment. That's when I decided to stop pursuing a career there. This is a SALES job that heavily relies on your connections for income (friends and family).

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?   1 Answer

I did not want to rely on my friends/family to support me financially. Due to this I realized I would be cold calling for a living. I did not go to school to have a job consisting of cold calling people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are four interviews required. However, my hiring manager condensed the last two together. They have a structured process with set questions that are typical. There were two online tests, one for personality and one quantitative before the initial interview. The personality quiz is to see if you will be a good fit to the career, and the quantitative is to see if you will pass the licensing test with ease.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical personality interview questions. There wasn't anything out of the blue that I felt was difficult or required a lot of preparation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Roanoke, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screen led to an in-person interview. In-person consisted of being handed a packet and some extra information.

Interview Questions

• How can you convince me that you've got the drive to succeed in this business?   1 Answer