Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview with a Managing Partner and a Regional Director. After that, I was called to go eat lunch with the Managing Partner who would later be my Managing Partner.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Athens, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The process took 3 seperate interviews with me and one with my family member. After that I accepted the position and began training and taking my insurance exam. It was a very relaxed non stressful interview, also very straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Met in a local restaurant. Recruiter sold the company and asked a few questions. Casual.

Interview Questions

Modern Woodmen has no office in Charlotte, NC. Lacks resources for someone new to the business. Seemed to have a good benefits package.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are four interviews required. However, my hiring manager condensed the last two together. They have a structured process with set questions that are typical. There were two online tests, one for personality and one quantitative before the initial interview. The personality quiz is to see if you will be a good fit to the career, and the quantitative is to see if you will pass the licensing test with ease.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical personality interview questions. There wasn't anything out of the blue that I felt was difficult or required a lot of preparation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I was contacted by the company after dropping my resume off at the career fair that Modern Woodmen attended at my university. I was asked to complete a thorough questionnaire to see if my values matched that of Modern Woodmen's. After getting a follow-up call from the company, they scheduled an initial interview the following week. The first interview essentially explained what Modern Woodmen did and stood for morally as a company. At the end, I was asked if I felt that I would be a good fit for the company, and after saying that I did, I was asked back for a second interview. The second interview followed much more of a standard interview with questions about my past experiences, career goals, and personality type.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered a position at another larger company (Goldman Sachs, EY, etc.) while still being a Modern Woodmen employee, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the hourly wage that commission employees at the office had agreed to pay the interns and asked. I was offered either the hourly wage or the opportunity to take the internship for college credit. I chose to take it for the hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Gainesville, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was a drawn out one for me. First, you will take an assessment which basically asks - " are you comfortable completely relying on selling insurance to your friends and family for financial support". If you answer no, you won't be chosen because that's what the job is even though they won't openly admit it (otherwise you are cold calling for your paycheck). I had an interview, came in to speak with the local manager (which took over 2 1/2 hours - consisting of giving me an entire book with of recruiting material and an obvious recruitment spiel), had to go to another recruiting event in which I heard the same spiel again but only an hour. After that I was being considered for an internship, but then I had to take a personality assessment. That's when I decided to stop pursuing a career there. This is a SALES job that heavily relies on your connections for income (friends and family).

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?   1 Answer

I did not want to rely on my friends/family to support me financially. Due to this I realized I would be cold calling for a living. I did not go to school to have a job consisting of cold calling people.

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Salem, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with district manager for initial interview that lasted about an hour. Was then given some company literature and asked to come up with a list of 200 names using a packet that listed different areas to help come up with names. Follow up meeting and at the present time still trying to decide.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX).

Interview

We went through only 2 interviews before I was offered the position. The interview process involved meeting with a manager and he asking me questions about myself and then he told me about the career and what some of the things to expect were. I was also given phone numbers of other individuals to call who were in the business. I was also told about how to become a leader with MWA. I had to go through 2 profile tests and pass a criminal and credit background check to get the position.

Managing Partner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in March 2010.

Interview

long and detailed

Interview Questions

• What have you completed in your life that required great self-discipline and persistance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes, for the draw

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

There is an Initial Interview where they ask you about your history, family, work ethics, and entrepreneurial spirit. I felt like it was more like a conversation than an interview. You then do an online assessment to see if you can pass state and FINRA licensing exams. You then have an In-depth interview where they go over the compesation structure and go more into depth about your backgroud and what you want out of a career. Next, you will have an assossiate interview where you get to talk with one of their senior advisors. Following that, a VIP meeting is set up so they can answer any questions your spouse or whoever will support you might have. This was very nice because it made me feel like they really wanted to make sure our family fit the companies cultureand expectations. We then moved into a final interview and then my preliminary training began. Very thourough but I like that they are very selective.