Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Modern Woodmen (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied, after they reviewed my resume I received an email to take a test, I must of passed because I received a phone interview, then interview in person, then another with Regional manager, then final one with both managers.

Interview Questions

• How is your credit? any foreclosures or bankruptcies lately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much to negotiate its commission and you may qualify for some allowance if you do work hard. But they offer great benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Modern Woodmen (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Very long interview process. Modern Woodmen is a very selective company. Interview consists of one on ones, market surveys, project list, trial appointments, internet testing, background checks, credit checks, buisness lunches and more. It was a very fustrating time because I felt like I was being strung along but in the end I feel it helped to prepare me for my career at Modern Woodmen.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Modern Woodmen (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Met in a local restaurant. Recruiter sold the company and asked a few questions. Casual.

Interview Questions

Modern Woodmen has no office in Charlotte, NC. Lacks resources for someone new to the business. Seemed to have a good benefits package.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Modern Woodmen (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

There is an Initial Interview where they ask you about your history, family, work ethics, and entrepreneurial spirit. I felt like it was more like a conversation than an interview. You then do an online assessment to see if you can pass state and FINRA licensing exams. You then have an In-depth interview where they go over the compesation structure and go more into depth about your backgroud and what you want out of a career. Next, you will have an assossiate interview where you get to talk with one of their senior advisors. Following that, a VIP meeting is set up so they can answer any questions your spouse or whoever will support you might have. This was very nice because it made me feel like they really wanted to make sure our family fit the companies cultureand expectations. We then moved into a final interview and then my preliminary training began. Very thourough but I like that they are very selective.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

3-tiered interview process. Included filling out a budget form so that they could tailor the base salary to my needs. Essentially, if you are an insurance salesman and you are honest, have integrity, and will put the client first, you'll be hired. It also helps to be able to put together a list of names/contacts so that you can get your business off the ground. This will

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Where do you want to end up in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tailored my 'base' salary according to my needs, but it means that (in order to stay contracted) you must sell enough life insurance to provide for your own base (or at least close to it).

Managing Partner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Modern Woodmen in March 2010.

Interview

long and detailed

Interview Questions

• What have you completed in your life that required great self-discipline and persistance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes, for the draw