Moderna Therapeutics

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

G&A Interview

G&A

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview Details – They seemed eager to have me on board and didn't drag their feet in making a reasonable offer. Vibe of the office seemed very busy, which made sense - it's a growing-start-up environment. Would have been helpful to interview with my potential counterparts, not just potential managers.

Interview Question – No especially difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

Interview Details – I got many relevant questions about my past experience from scientists/ senior scientists, and it was all friendly. By contrast, higher management was showing a nice mixture of ignorance and arrogance.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions, all were rather easy   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Hiring manager failed to call at the appropriated time. The call was set up and rescheduled several more times because hiring manager could not make time. HR was exceptionally polite and apologetic through this process.I eventually spoke with a member of the group below the hiring manager to complete the phone screen and was invited for an on site interview. The interview lasted ~6hrs but could/should have been shorter. 1:1 sessions were scheduled for 45min each. The hiring manager met with me for 20min before giving me a brief tour and leading me to an interview room where I was left to sit until the next person arrived. Another interviewer dismissed himself a few minutes into the interview to take a phone call and returned to finish at the end of the day, leaving me to sit in a room alone for half an hour. A third interviewer attempted to gauge my interest in a different job in his own group - a lose/lose situation for the candidate (you don't want to close doors and say no thanks, but you don't want to appear opportunistic and willing to take just any job). I understand the company is going through rapid growth, and this is difficult, but after the interview process I was concerned about working at the company. I received no further feedback from the company.

Interview Question – Run of the mill interview questions, nothing particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very disgusting

Interview Question – Are you submissive   View Answer

Facilities Assistant Interview

Facilities Assistant
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got 2 interviews through agency. First interview they called me 10 minutes before I was there they wanted me to go to their other location. So not knowing Cambridge Mass it proved to be a rat race as I had no GPS. Finally asked police officer found location sign for location was about 4 inch L by 1 inch W. Explained situation, interviewer apologized about change interview went well.Interviewer told me he would like me to come back meet other people.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty basic no difficulty interview was supposed to be an hour with 2-3 people met one person for 15 mins.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in August 2012.

Interview Details – The location is nice and so was the office. Lots of Light. They interview day was pretty chaotic.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I heard that a lot of their employees are not very happy there.

Worked for Moderna Therapeutics? Contribute to the Community!