Modine Manufacturing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.7

Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing in July 2014.

Applied via email. Received an email for HR one month later saying they would like to have a phone interview (I was not from the area). The phone interview was pretty low-key, standard phone interview. "Tell me about your internships." "What would you like to see in a supervisor?" "What kind of corporate culture do you want to work in?" "Greatest weakness and strength?" "Why do you want to work for Modine?" "What makes you a good candidate for this position?" Those sort of questions. Nothing technical. Took 3 weeks for me to hear back about whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the "What do you want in a supervisor?" But simply because I was not prepared for/expecting it.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing.

Contacted by corporate recruiter after submission of resume. Resume submission was weird - had to email opposed to filling out an online application. After phone screen, met with 4 individuals face to face: 2 managers, a director, and the hiring manager. All had been there for quite some time and seemed to be deeply tied into the corporate company line. Questions were soft.

Absolutely no courtesy in follow up from any individual after the face to face interview. Despite reaching out, couldn't even send a canned auto response informing that there would be no offer. Very unprofessional.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing.

The interview process was about 3-4 hours long and consisted of a series of one-on-one interviews. This started with Human Resources and was followed by representatives of the department being interviewed for. In my case, this was the AE manager, the Department manager, and finally a senior peer-level engineer. This allowed a good exchange of information and assessing whether or not I was a good fit with the company and vice-versa.

An offer letter was sent pretty quickly and I returned a signed copy, submitted a drug sample, and was given a start date once passed.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any really difficult questions. The interviewers asked pretty typical questions, but it was also open enough to just discuss qualifications and situations. They later told me that the interview process was essentially to determine whether the candidate is likely to be a good fit within the organization. Since they are pretty specialized in the world of thermal management, they expect to train candidates who have the right work personalities.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing in March 2013.

I had an initial phone interview with HR. Just some basic questions about my previous employment.

Operations Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing in April 2013.

Received phone call regarding resume submitted online and set up an interview the next week. Drove to plant and was interviewed by 3-4 people throughout the plant. Very casual and relaxed setting; non-intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • - What is you weakness ( this is the only one I could remember)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing.

I was interviewed for this position on my college campus. There were a total of three people that interviewed me. It was a very relaxing type of interview. It was just a time for us to get to know each other. They asked me to walk me through my resume and asked many of the basic interview questions. There wasn't anything technical in this interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to ask your current boss, what would he say your greatest weakness is?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing in September 2011.

They are cheap. I had the experience that was completely non-professional. I did a phone interview and then I was invited for the on-site interview. I completed the expense report that they had sent to me and sent them back. This company did not reimburse for any of my interview expenses i.e. hotel, meal, mileage, etc. Also, they never called back regarding their decision even though their answer was "no". It is very sad that professionalism is truely gone.

SAP Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing in January 2008.

I did not feel sincerity in the interview. On my first day at work, my colleague asked me "could you not find work in Milwaukee"? I felt hostility from day one. But I had no other choice at the time... I declined offers from other companies. It was my bad judgment. The company was a sinking ship (in the auto parts industry) and political fights were ferocious.

Interview Questions
    Straight via a headhunter.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing in April 2008.

CAD Test and Written test with basic Engineering questions.
    Followed by technical interview and HR.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Modine Manufacturing.

I sent them my resume and cover letter. They called me back. I went in and spoke with an HR person who managed my interview, then spoke with 4 different engineering managers. At the end of that, I met with the HR person again to make sure that they had answered all my questions. They emailed about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. I guess the usual "Tell me about yourself" was actually the hardest one.   Answer Question

Worked for Modine Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!