Modspace Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.4

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modspace (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR via email then had a 1/2 hour phone interview with HR specialist. Then an onsite interview with the hiring manager and Sr. Analyst a few days later. Interview process was difficult by the Sr. Analyst. Many technical questions were asked. Didn't give me the time to ask questions to the Sr. Analyst. Interviewing with the hiring manager was more general.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modspace.

Interview

-Applied and contacted a week later -Initial Phone Introduction/mini interview -2nd Phone Interview a few days later -Contacted a few days later for a interview with the fleet and operations manager at the facility -Conducted a 3rd interview with the Midwest regional manager a week later -Offered the job the next day The HR staff was friendly and accommodating and the whole process was fast-paced.The managers were honest and very friendly.I enjoyed the overall process and the job itself seems very appealing because of the variety it brings and the benefits are also excellent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were able to satisfy a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modspace in December 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy communication for the interview process. Interviewer was very friendly and well informed. He was very helpful in going through all of my concerns and questions. Communication was quick and easy until after the phone interview and slowed down, which I understand as the rejection letter came about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modspace (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job through one of the major job boards (position listed on multiple boards) and received a phone interview within a few days from an HR employee at the corporate HQ on the East Coast. The phone interview consisted of a company introduction, position introduction, discussion of one's typical strengths and weaknesses and general experience. It was a basic interview that lasted around 20 minutes over the phone. I waited about another week and a half and received a rejection email afterwards. If I were to proceed with a 2nd interview, I would have been at the branch office I applied for.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modspace.

Interview

The interview was thorough and detailed. It covered everything on my resume and then some. If you don't want to discuss something take it off resume. It was a two part process and both interviewers did a good job. Nothing too probing or innapropiate. I liked the whole process and found it to be fair.

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modspace (Kent, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR manager from the headquarters in PA. It was more of a personality test. The guy was pretty friendly and easy to talk to. He then scheduled me for an in office interview with the local managers at their branch. The local managers were not professional in their demeanor. The interview lasted less than 30 minutes. Based on the short duration of the interview and the way the managers conducted themselves, I have a strong feeling they already knew they didn't want me before I even arrived for the interview. It seemed like they were just slugging through the interview simply because the HR manager instructed them to do so. It was a waste of my time and I wonder why they even bothered bringing me in for an interview. It took the HR manager almost a month to get back to me with a rejection email.

Junior Linux/Unix Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Modspace (Berwyn, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was met by their Business Tech Ops Director and a Systems Engineer. After the expected technical questions about myself and my experience, their questions went further and further afield, into skills and fields that were not listed on the job desciption. I have heard of doing this as a test, but we kept getting further and further into obscure attributes and skills until I was suddenly dismissed. I was later contacted by the in-company recruiter and told they had selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Questions quickly deviated from expected Unix/Linux topics, into experience with their partcular and obscure setup and questions about database management and operations (You have two registers with numbers in them and no scratch space or temporary storage. You need to exchange the two numbers and be able to reverse the operation). No DB management/operations requirements were listed on the job description.   1 Answer