Moe's Southwest Grill

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in July 2014.

Sat down for 6 hours and talked about her (owner) life and what her whole life story was. Not professional at all and wasted a lot of my time. She stated that her husband bought the location and she didn't want to run it, so she wanted managers to run her stores for her. We went and had an interview at a local restaurant and she bought lunch, I brought her my resume and she didn't even care to look at it, just more concentrated on what to order off the menu.

Interview Questions
  • Will you run my store for me, because I don't want anything to do with it anymore?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Moe's Southwest Grill

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Several phone conversations, 2 in person interviews. One at nearest unit the other in the 'home market' for our franchise group a few hours away. Totally professional, very straight forward. Most interested in 'proper customer complaint response' and your core values as a leader.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I wasn't expecting the interview process to be so straight forward. Kept it pretty cut and dry.   Answer Question
    Very easy. They met my demands with a longer phase before raise/review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in April 2014.

I am so thoroughly disgusted with employers who are too lazy to screen candidates and instead rely on software to do their job. I applied for the GM position through their posting on Indeed.com. There were a couple pages of yes/no questions - do you have mgmt experience; are you ServSafe certified, etc. Those are fine and useful as a rough screen. It's the second section that shows a complete disrespect for a candidate's time.

There is a *17* question virtual interview. Really Moe's? You're going to ask a candidate to complete these questions that you will no doubt replicate during a face-to-face interview? It's the height of laziness. Do you only bring in those candidates that are willing to jump through all the hoops you've set up? God forbid your HR Dept or franchisor does what HR people used to do - review resumes and use their brains and judgement to make decisions rather than handing off that responsibility to a computer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in September 2012.

No formal interviewing process.

No negotiation except for training, expenses only, no paid training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in April 2011.

Basic interview. Had a friend refer me, so wasn't much to it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. They made a good offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in March 2011.

A former manager at another company called and offered me a job, I then interviewed with the franchise operator, then took all the tests mentioned above

Interview Questions
    there was very little negotiation I was pleased with offer