Moe's Southwest Grill Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

1.8

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

The woman who was supposed to interview me wasn't there, so I spoke to a general manager. The GM was nice and we just chatted for a bit and she asked about the hours I'd like to work and then I showed her my resume and we both left feeling generally confident

No negotiation. Minimum wage

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in May 2013.

I saw a help wanted sign in the window, inquired within the restaurant. Asked when I could see the manager to discuss employment. I returned with my resume, filled out a job application, and interviewed with the manager and assistant manager. I began working later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked at Moe's or in fast food?   View Answer
    None

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Several phone conversations, 2 in person interviews. One at nearest unit the other in the 'home market' for our franchise group a few hours away. Totally professional, very straight forward. Most interested in 'proper customer complaint response' and your core values as a leader.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I wasn't expecting the interview process to be so straight forward. Kept it pretty cut and dry.   Answer Question
    Very easy. They met my demands with a longer phase before raise/review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oaks, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in April 2014.

I am so thoroughly disgusted with employers who are too lazy to screen candidates and instead rely on software to do their job. I applied for the GM position through their posting on Indeed.com. There were a couple pages of yes/no questions - do you have mgmt experience; are you ServSafe certified, etc. Those are fine and useful as a rough screen. It's the second section that shows a complete disrespect for a candidate's time.

There is a *17* question virtual interview. Really Moe's? You're going to ask a candidate to complete these questions that you will no doubt replicate during a face-to-face interview? It's the height of laziness. Do you only bring in those candidates that are willing to jump through all the hoops you've set up? God forbid your HR Dept or franchisor does what HR people used to do - review resumes and use their brains and judgement to make decisions rather than handing off that responsibility to a computer.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Getting hired is a lot more easier if you know someone working here already. I got a call right after I turned in my application to come back and interview. Interview process was very simply with basic questions. Asked about school and previous experience. Very short and just gave an overview on what I would be doing if I worked here.

Cashier Interview

Quick 10 minute interview and a quiz on the menu

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in September 2012.

No formal interviewing process.

No negotiation except for training, expenses only, no paid training

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

After online application, received call from the local franchisee's director. Interviewed with a regional manager at a local store, where other employees seemed to be happy going about their morning pre-open routines. RM was young, and seemed to enjoy talking favorably about the company and franchisee owners. Hired immediately following this interview to take a "manager-in-training" position, to work a line-open position while being trained. Learned most of the team members routines and responsibilities, but "manager-in-training" seems to be an clever way to keep an over-qualified line employee at a lower wage.

Interview Questions
    • What led you to this brand in particular? With so many quick-service restaurants around, why do you want to work specifically at Moe's?   Answer Question
    Very simple. Knowing the initial training I would need, and that the initial position would be that of a team member, I requested $9.00/hr, and was counter-offered $10.00/hr, seemingly to spike my interest and continued loyalty to the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill in October 2013.

I went in for an application, had an interview immediately after filling the application out, and had a job offer by the end of the day. Mostly questions about my past experience working in food. The General Manager was very nice. They needed delivery drivers which is why I went in.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: What kind of animal do you think you're like?   View Answer
    I was offered higher than minimum wage because of my experience but most people start at $7.40 with no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

They generally only take Moes transfers so you would have to get experience at another Moes before transferring to this store (Alafaya).

In the case that you are a transfer, they will speak to your GM or a previous co-worker and thats pretty much it.

That being said, if you're a hot female they may train a new hire...maybe.

Minimum wage, non-negotiable

Worked for Moe's Southwest Grill? Contribute to the Community!