Moe's Southwest Grill Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.9

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, but one difficult thing was that they give you a menu and want you to memorize it and come back for a menu quiz. Overall a positive experience and it was a good experience for a first job. Yep that's about it now I'm just typing random stuff to meet the minimum word requirement.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Interview

Was contacted via phone to gauge my interest in the position. A phone interview was scheduled a few days later which lasted roughly an hour. Very basic questions, if you prepare you should do fine. Next, a face to face interview took place between myself and the franchise owner. Mostly an opportunity for me to make a case for myself. She was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I was offered the job two days later. The whole process took less than a week. I'm looking forward to working with this great company!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you witnesses a coworker do something morally questionable. What did you do?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy. They focus more on your personality, instead of your skills. They pretty much look at your experience and ask you what you did and how you would handle certain situations. Depending on the restaurant and how bad they need people, you could get hired on the spot. Their decision making doesn't take long and you could start less than a week or the following week. They give you a packet to study for their unique menu and test you on it after training.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied 1am yesterday and got a call around 12pm yesterday. Easy interview. Took around 25 minutes. Only 3 questions were asked. We were just chit chatting about the store, where he came from, etc. It was like talking to a friend. Love the manager! Can't wait to start working there, the atmosphere is great!

Line Cook Interview

Interview

Super easy. Just walked in when they weren't busy and interviewed for the job posted on their window. They pretty much just asked me why I wanted to work there and when I could work there. Also asked how much I wanted to be paid. It was just for a summer a job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Interview

The woman who was supposed to interview me wasn't there, so I spoke to a general manager. The GM was nice and we just chatted for a bit and she asked about the hours I'd like to work and then I showed her my resume and we both left feeling generally confident

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest flaw?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage

Front Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Simpsonville, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

I knew a friend of a friend and I went in for two interviews. The interviews are very casual. At my particular place I walked in, asked the nearest line worker where the manager was, and the General Manager came out not even a minute or two later. Asked what I liked to do and I learned they ask a "fun" question but they change it up, mainly to see if you have personality.

Interview Questions

• My particular question was "What is your favorite superhero and why" Picked superman and he laughed and said it was his favorite too. He later told me another question was something like "If you could drive a tank in public would you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Sat down for 6 hours and talked about her (owner) life and what her whole life story was. Not professional at all and wasted a lot of my time. She stated that her husband bought the location and she didn't want to run it, so she wanted managers to run her stores for her. We went and had an interview at a local restaurant and she bought lunch, I brought her my resume and she didn't even care to look at it, just more concentrated on what to order off the menu.

Interview Questions

• Will you run my store for me, because I don't want anything to do with it anymore?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill.

Interview

Several phone conversations, 2 in person interviews. One at nearest unit the other in the 'home market' for our franchise group a few hours away. Totally professional, very straight forward. Most interested in 'proper customer complaint response' and your core values as a leader.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I wasn't expecting the interview process to be so straight forward. Kept it pretty cut and dry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. They met my demands with a longer phase before raise/review.

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

interviewed at Moe's Southwest Grill (Oaks, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I am so thoroughly disgusted with employers who are too lazy to screen candidates and instead rely on software to do their job. I applied for the GM position through their posting on Indeed.com. There were a couple pages of yes/no questions - do you have mgmt experience; are you ServSafe certified, etc. Those are fine and useful as a rough screen. It's the second section that shows a complete disrespect for a candidate's time.

There is a *17* question virtual interview. Really Moe's? You're going to ask a candidate to complete these questions that you will no doubt replicate during a face-to-face interview? It's the height of laziness. Do you only bring in those candidates that are willing to jump through all the hoops you've set up? God forbid your HR Dept or franchisor does what HR people used to do - review resumes and use their brains and judgement to make decisions rather than handing off that responsibility to a computer.