Mohawk Industries Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.3

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calhoun, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mohawk Industries.

As this was my first time interviewing in a professional setting, I was fairly intimidated walking into such a nice building. The interviewers were very prompt and nice. It wasn't long before I was completely comfortable during the interview. I was first interviewed by the individuals I would be working closest with then by the director of the department for which I was interviewing--I was brought in to interview for two positions in two different departments, so the directors for both of the departments were there.
    The first half of the interview was just some basic, general questions you'd expect from any job interview. The interviewers both had copies of my resume and asked some general questions about items off of that too--it was very conversational.
    The second half, the directors gave me the basic gist of the departments, the company, and what I'll most likely be working on. I was given a chance to ask questions and asked what position I'd be most interested in.

Just some tips for any job at any company:
    - Dress nicely. Business casual should be good, closer to the business side. If your interview is on Friday, think about going a little more casual though.
    - Just have a good attitude. As with most companies, a lot of the interview will be judging if you're someone that will get along with the atmosphere of the department. Be someone they want to work with.
    - Ask meaningful questions. Don't just nod your head and smile at everything. Make sure to take a chance to ask question. Make it obvious you care about the position. And remember, you're interviewing the job just as much as the job is interviewing you.

Weaver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landrum, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landrum, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mohawk Industries.

hired and went to work next day

hired

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mohawk Industries.

If your recruited from college not sure on the process. I believe you go through 6 months of training in Dalton Georgia . I was hired away from a competitor. My interview was one on one with the RVP and DM . It was about 3 hours long discussing various topics.

Shot high, you can never go up. You have nothing to lose.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Interviewed with director and several plant managers. Basic questions on experiences, expectations, etc. Was fairly laid back. Comfortable. Felt welcomed.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Very forward. Interview with supervisor was very laid back. Seemed very interested and almost as if decision had been made and was more of a formality.   Answer Question
    No negotiations needed. Was right in line with expectations and relocation package was very good.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calhoun, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Mohawk Industries in February 2014.

I received an email and phone call. We then scheduled the appointment. Also, they had you take a personality test. It wasn't bad at all and took like 20 minutes. I wish they gave you the results but sadly they don't. Interview went okay and the interviewers were very nice. Overall it seemed like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with conflict and how you responded.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Three phase interview. Phone, one in person, then final in person

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate anything since I have very little experience

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mohawk Industries.

wrote directly to district manager. landed interview with them. Was offered position a short time later after background and drug screen.

I was given an offer that was very acceptable, so I accepted it. I was able to make more money by increasing sales.

Promotions Order Specialist I Interview

The interview process was friendly and out spoken,

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Everything was great. I had no issues.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. I was presented a project and I asked questions.   Answer Question
    there was none. that was the amount you get. take it or leave it

Systems Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Phone Interview with Director followed by in-person interview with Sr. Director(offsite) then panel interview with dev team.