Molecular Devices Interview Questions

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Molecular Devices.

Interview

Typical, multilevel interview process, phone interview, in person local interview, in person headquarters interview, HR provides job offer & details then awaits your response. Managers were previously FSEs, interview with Engineering department was a nice surprise but that Engineer is no longer with the company. (Read the corporate reviews & see if you can figure out why he left). Corporate focus is on bottom line so be sure to play up the Dollars you can deliver over customers you can satisfy.

Interview Questions

• How exactly do you troubleshoot (describe your troubleshooting method).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molecular Devices.

Interview

Interview was very well directed and based on my previous work experience. Phone interview was followed by an in-person interview. Hiring manager was very friendly and described also potential advancement opportunities. Manager described the company very well and provided details about the requirements and duties of the position. Travel responsibility is light, and they provide a company car.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Molecular Devices (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

1. Received call and e-mail confirmation from Human Resource department about a phone interview with hiring managers that include FP&A manager and VP Finance at Molecular Devices in Sunnyvale.
    2. Received another call and e-mail confirmation from Human Resource department for a formal interview with the above hiring managers.
    3. Received last call from one of the hiring managers about my interest with the company and its potential offer of the job.
    4. Received an offer letter after I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were job related to my previous experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, forecasting and budgeting. Asked about the process of performing those responsibilites in my previous companies, what financial and ERP systems used, described experience in working with other team members, business partners, etc.
      Specific questions about my overall system skills and skills in Hyperion Enterprise as the company is using Hyperion Enterprise financial system.

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as the offer was 15% more than I expected.

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Molecular Devices in September 2011.

Interview

Only a phone interview. Person conducting the interview was nice and offered a lot of information about the position. It was a new position that had previously not been filled. I wasn't really right for the position. They sent a letter of rejection in the USPS mail instead of just email. That was nice.

Interview Questions

• What type of market research have you been involved with?   Answer Question