Molecular Devices

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Molecular Devices in September 2011.

1. Received call and e-mail confirmation from Human Resource department about a phone interview with hiring managers that include FP&A manager and VP Finance at Molecular Devices in Sunnyvale.
    2. Received another call and e-mail confirmation from Human Resource department for a formal interview with the above hiring managers.
    3. Received last call from one of the hiring managers about my interest with the company and its potential offer of the job.
    4. Received an offer letter after I accepted the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were job related to my previous experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, forecasting and budgeting. Asked about the process of performing those responsibilites in my previous companies, what financial and ERP systems used, described experience in working with other team members, business partners, etc.
      Specific questions about my overall system skills and skills in Hyperion Enterprise as the company is using Hyperion Enterprise financial system.

View Answer
    No negotiation as the offer was 15% more than I expected.