Molex Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.9

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Molex.

Interview

Plain and simple. 5 people 1 hour each. Very behavioral type interview. All five interviewees asked similar questions with emphasis on examples. Everyone is very friendly. Asked about Koch take over and the answers were positive from all of them. Looks like a good place to work . Everyone seemed enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied on line via direct website. Received an email response requesting answers to 3 questions. Then a week later received an other email requesting dates and times for personal on site interview. Interviewed with 3 people. The job description applied for had nothing to do with the actual job duties as explained during the interview. The Talent Acquisition person did not "interview" but pitched the company and presented me with the benefits package ?!? Never a phone interview, nor a 2nd interview. I was interviewed initially over email. No responses received to further inquiries about the interview process or position status.

Electrical Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex (Lisle, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had interviewed with 4 different engineer. They went over my resume and asked me regarding the interest as test engineer. One of the engineer gave me the 25 basic question related to mechanical and electrical courses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.
      What do you know about the company?
      Do you have experience with soldering of the components?

1 Answer

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex in October 2014.

Design Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online over the company website and was contacted by the HR within 2-3 days. I had to fill one questionnaire. I cleared that round and was then called for a personal interview. The interview was 3 hours long. I was interviewed by four managers and one director. The questions were not too difficult. Most of them were based on the questionnaire that I filled before. Awaiting their response over the interview.

Interview Questions

• No such difficult questions. General questions. Some behavioral questions, technical and some HR questions.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex (Maumelle, AR) in July 2014.

Interview

Was contact via LinkedIn by HR. Had three separate phone interviews with HR, potential manager and another manager. HR gave details about the company along with benefits and salary. The two managers asked the technical questions and explained the details of the position. Was offered to be flown in for an in-person interview but I declined. The company, people and job were fine, just not enough to quit my current, established job and move halfway across the country. If I was very unhappy at my current job or unemployed, I would have went further with the interview.

Interview Questions

• What causes common-mode conversion?   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Molex (Auburn Hills, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

At first got an email from HR to fill out a pre-employment questionnaire. Then scheduled for an onsite interview. The office is located in Auburn Hills, MI. The onsite interview consists of two sections. In each section, there will be two interviewers. Most technical questions are asked in the first section and most questions are from the questionnaire and resume. In the second section, an interviewer will bring a box of connectors and introduce the basic knowledge about the connectors. But no specific technical question is asked.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex.

Interview

University recruiting and interview on campus

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Molex (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Good experience general questions. Just be smart and confident and you should get the job.

Global Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Molex (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After a few weeks, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He invited me to Lincolnshire, IL for a day long interview with the engineering and marketing team. I received a response a week after my interview was completed.

I felt that every interviewer asked me straight-forward questions that were relevant to the job, and they did not try to trick me or intimidate me. There was no unnecessary posturing; it was clear that they were looking for the strongest candidate possible to fill the vacant role. I have had very few interview experiences that were as professional as my experience at Molex.

Interview Questions

• What does your current employer do well? What does it struggle with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All negotiation went through the recruiter. It was a very smooth and respectful negotiation.