Molex

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.9

Purchasing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex in October 2014.

Applied on line via direct website. Received an email response requesting answers to 3 questions. Then a week later received an other email requesting dates and times for personal on site interview. Interviewed with 3 people. The job description applied for had nothing to do with the actual job duties as explained during the interview. The Talent Acquisition person did not "interview" but pitched the company and presented me with the benefits package ?!? Never a phone interview, nor a 2nd interview. I was interviewed initially over email. No responses received to further inquiries about the interview process or position status.

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex in August 2014.

I applied online over the company website and was contacted by the HR within 2-3 days. I had to fill one questionnaire. I cleared that round and was then called for a personal interview. The interview was 3 hours long. I was interviewed by four managers and one director. The questions were not too difficult. Most of them were based on the questionnaire that I filled before. Awaiting their response over the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No such difficult questions. General questions. Some behavioral questions, technical and some HR questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumelle, AR

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex in July 2014.

Was contact via LinkedIn by HR. Had three separate phone interviews with HR, potential manager and another manager. HR gave details about the company along with benefits and salary. The two managers asked the technical questions and explained the details of the position. Was offered to be flown in for an in-person interview but I declined. The company, people and job were fine, just not enough to quit my current, established job and move halfway across the country. If I was very unhappy at my current job or unemployed, I would have went further with the interview.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Molex in April 2014.

At first got an email from HR to fill out a pre-employment questionnaire. Then scheduled for an onsite interview. The office is located in Auburn Hills, MI. The onsite interview consists of two sections. In each section, there will be two interviewers. Most technical questions are asked in the first section and most questions are from the questionnaire and resume. In the second section, an interviewer will bring a box of connectors and introduce the basic knowledge about the connectors. But no specific technical question is asked.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex.

University recruiting and interview on campus

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Molex.

Good experience general questions. Just be smart and confident and you should get the job.

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Molex in December 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter. After a few weeks, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He invited me to Lincolnshire, IL for a day long interview with the engineering and marketing team. I received a response a week after my interview was completed.

I felt that every interviewer asked me straight-forward questions that were relevant to the job, and they did not try to trick me or intimidate me. There was no unnecessary posturing; it was clear that they were looking for the strongest candidate possible to fill the vacant role. I have had very few interview experiences that were as professional as my experience at Molex.

Interview Questions
    • What does your current employer do well? What does it struggle with?   Answer Question
    All negotiation went through the recruiter. It was a very smooth and respectful negotiation.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Molex in September 2013.

On-campus interview. Questions were average and based on what you have written on your resume. Be sure to be able to answer extended questions to what you have. Interviewer was really friendly and informative. Was enlightened more about relevant field of interest.

Electrical Engineer Interview

applied online. They already made up their mind. It was easy

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumelle, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molex in July 2013.

Initial phone screen with HR Manager, easy 7-8 questions. Scheduled for an onsite interview with the Materials Manager and the Production Manager, which took about an hour. After that, I met with the HR Manager, as just a formality. He told me to "feel free to follow up with me at any time on this position", but that I would be hearing back from him within the next week. Despite follow-up with a phone call and an e-mail (approximately 2 weeks later), I received no communication or rejection letter. Two months later, still have not heard anything. Definitely not what I had expected.