Molina Healthcare

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in September 2011.

I submitted my resume online for a Human Resources position which was posted as a temporary assignment. I received a call from the Recruiter on the same day of my resume submission, in order to agree upon a phone interview date. We agreed on a date, which happened to be the very next day. I was sent an application and was instructed to complete and return prior to the phone interview, which I did.

The Recruiter called at the exact time agreed on, and phone interview lasted approximately 35 minutes,
The questions were primarily focused on the basic qualifications of the position and a few behavioral questions. When the phone interview concluded, I was informed that I would receive a call within the week if I was further considered for an in-person interview. I received a call from the Recruiter within 3 days of the phone interview and was invited for a personal interview.

I received an email confirmation of the pertinent details for the interview, which was very helpful. I arrived for my scheduled interview 10 minutes early, and was warmly greeted by the receptionist who was very professional and personable. She announced to the interviewer that I had arrived, made a name tag for me and asked me to be seated.

The interviewer appeared in the lobby to greet me 15 minutes later than the scheduled time and escorted me to her office. When I arrived in the interviewers office, I saw that my resume was visible on the computer monitor, I was asked to be seated and the questions began. The first question was when did you leave your job, which was reflected on the resume, which indicated to me that it had not been reviewed very well. It went downhill from there, because the interviewer seemed to be stuck on the last time I worked, which was in first quarter 2010. It began to feel like an inquisition and it didn't seem to matter that I was unemployed due to "no fault" of my own (company relocated out of state), I had the inclination to ask if they were aware of what's going on around the WORLD, as it relates to employment. The interview proceeded on with standard behavioral type questions, but I was amazed that the interviewer flipped through papers that had questions on them, but couldn't seem to decide on which question to ask, because they openly kept saying "Hmm....which question do I want to ask ?" I thought this was very unprofessional and unprepared. The ultimate rudeness was taking a call in the midst of the interview. What's the purpose of voice mail?

Ultimately, I was not offered the position, which I am pleased about because I really want to work but not for unprofessional people, even if it is a temporary assignment. As a job seeker, I observe the words and actions of the people I meet with, the same way they're observing me.

I can see why this place has a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions
  • Can you recall a time that you had to work with less? What was it? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!