Molina Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (West Allis, WI).

Interview

They had more than 1 Supervisor interview me-a bit intimidating. They reviewed the job description very quickly-it was confusing. The conference room was already booked but we got interrupted by a group that wanted to have a meeting there. I did not get a very good feeling that I had the job by the younger supervisor and waited a while for them to get back to me. One manager was very nice and very friendly but the other one was not dressed professionally and seemed very judgmental.

Interview Questions

• How well do I manage change? What kind of supervisor do I like?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied about a month ago and heard from the HR contact via email. Was told my qualifications were impressive and they would like to schedule an interview. Requested I reply to the email with my salary requirements and a date/time to interview. I replied with two days I was available and waited to hear back. It took a few days, which I figured would be the case as I was sure the HR contact was arranging for all those involved to be there. When I heard back, the HR representative gave me a date that wasn't one of the days I'd suggested. I accepted the interview and rearranged my plans so I could be accommodating. I arrived about 10 minutes early for the interview on the day assigned and the receptionist greeted me warmly and called the contact person I had been given to let her know I arrived. I could hear her on the phone and she made reference to the fact the conference room wouldn't be available until the set time of the interview and she would come and get me at that time. At the time of the interview I was greeted by the hiring manager and a few others. All seemed nice but not very friendly. I attempted to break the ice with no luck. They briefly went over the job and the company and then began firing questions. The questions weren't that difficult and each person asked about 3-4. Once we were done they allowed me to ask a few questions and then the interview was over. We walked out of the room and the hiring manager disappeared without my having a chance to thank her for her time, or her thanking me for mine. I wasn't even given a business card or any contact information, but told that my main point of contact would be the HR rep, who I've only communicated with via email. It was a very disappointing interview. I think they were not impressed with my background and honestly if these women were set to be my future bosses, I don't think it would be a position is remain in very long. I opted to withdraw my application and emailed the HR rep that info.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you find important in a manager?   Answer Question
    • How do the skills from your previous positions relate to this position?   Answer Question
    • What strengths do you possess that would make you successful in this role?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Interview

One interview with hiring manager. Questions were easy. I was hired on as a temporary employee, but was hired on full-time after 3 months. Hiring process was easy, but they hire many of their employees based on temporary status first.

Drug Rebate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, was contacted by recruiter to set up phone interview, then asked to participate in second in-person interview. The phone portion took roughly 30 minutes and the individual I talked with was extremely nice and the conversation was comfortable. The in-person interview was with the original person and the manager for the position, both extremely nice individuals. The only thing that was a little off was that neither took notes during the interview, they may have gone back to their offices to do so after or they may have already made up their minds about who they were going to hire for the position, whether it is me or not, I don't know yet.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Augusta, ME) in June 2015.

Interview

Rudimentary, friendly women but clearly unfamiliar in conducting both interviews and discussions with project management professionals. Interview did not contain one technical question nor any direct questions related to the specifics of the job. Both interviewers, while friendly, appeared very nervous, slightly unprepared and having typed-out questions which seemed taken off a general 'tips for interviewing' type of website. Very disappointed and informed the recruiter I did not think it was a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is your greatest weakness? (REALLY?) Q. How Would you handle a coworker not pulling his or her weight? All the typical, 1990s style, groan-worthy interview questions which have become cliche' to most professionals.   Answer Question

Clinical Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I spoke first via telephone with an HR person, normal screening process questions she was very professional and pleasant and explained what to expect next. Second, I spoke with two Case Managers, ( I think they were supervisors), they were very nice and asked me questions in relation to my work experience an also a couple personality type questions. Thirdly was an in person interview. This person was very nice and real, she flew in from another state to conduct the interviews she was a hiring manager. Prior to this interview "Jen" made sure I knew how to get there and if I had any questions. The interviewer did read questions off of her PC but I didn't have a problem with that as I have seen some on Glassdoor have, they were good questions and she took notes and gave me a time frame of when to expect a call. This got a little tricky because they called on Thursday and i was expecting a call the previous Monday and when it did not come I accepted another position offered from a similar company. I really liked everything I learned about the company the offer was slightly lower than the other company and although the benefits were better they did not start for 60 days and I need them immediately. Hope I don't regret turning the offer down!

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Name a time when you had to deal with an employee you disagreed with?   Answer Question

Timing benefits begin, and offered a similar position with slightly more pay. Hard decision because I liked the company

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

First a call from human resources. After a couple generic questions regarding my skills and qualifications an live interview was schedule with the Department manager. Very polite and attentive staff.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at length over the phone, for nearly an hour, by someone who worked in another state. Then they had me do yet another phone interview with one of the architects I would be working with, a few days later. This man had a very strong accent, so the interview didn't flow super smoothly. Finally, I was brought in for a face-to-face. The recruiter thought that there was tremendous interest, and that the face-to-face, the next week, when the manager was in town, was a mere formality. In essence, I virtually had the job. When I got there for the in-person interview, it turned out that no-one at the front-desk/guard even knew who this person was. Good thing I brought the whole printed email trail with me with several other people mentioned and copied on it. Eventually I located this manager and we went in for the interview. It was all much the same as the prior interviews. At the end, the manager mentioned that they were looking at a number of other candidates. He also praised my "manner and bearing," and laughed with me that some prior candidate had done well on the phone, but "fell apart" in person. Now here's where it really got bad. This hiring manager, who lives in another State, utterly defaulted on his obligation to "get back to the recruiter" with feedback. Now, over a month later, I still haven't heard one word either way about anything. The recruiter was completely mystified by the manager's complete lack of responsiveness. The recruiter, who was quite good, had attempted to confirm the face-to-face interview details, and was unable to -- he never received *any* response from this hiring-manager. No confirmation. No feedback. Nothing! Very unprofessional. Molina should fire the hiring-manager. Frankly, anyone who takes up the time of someone in an interview has a moral obligation to give a response with feedback to that person in a timely manner. It's an implicit contract that underlies the interview process. This hiring-manager-who-needs-firing not only defaulted on this obligation, but actually lied to me. He stated to my face that he would get back to the recruiter with his feedback. He never did. On a personal level, I feel that I had a lucky escape. The lack of organization (about who would interview me), coupled with the lack of responsiveness to email and phone calls, and co-workers with a poor grasp of English -- all this points to the IT environment being the kind of place I'd rather not spend my life trying to fix. Give this "shop" a "miss"! That would be my advice.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to enterprise architecture.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me directly to interview. The interview consisted of the manager and then the team members were coming and going throughout the one hour meeting. I was asked a series of questions that went from canned personality questions to technical, and then was given an outdated piece of paper and asked to demonstrate knowledge of database querying. The interview ended with the hiring manager walking me back to HR, parking validated, and then I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when you worked with a difficult person and how you dealt with that situation?   Answer Question

Administrative Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

It went smooth. First, I got a call from a Recruiter and had a phone screening. Then was invited for an in person interview. I was interview by the hiring manager and another employee in the same department. The questions were all relevant and reflected what the job entailed. Even though it took about 2 months before I was given an offer, it overall was still a good experience.