Molina Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in February 2012.

Interview Details – The dumbest interview ever. No skills test, no knowledge regarding industry test. only general questions. 15 mins interview and u get hired. The people with no experience were also hired and they are still surviving even though they presented false resume.

Interview Question – No Difficult or Unexpected Question asked. The interview had very less knowledge about the company   Answer Question

Health Manager I Interview

Health Manager I
Long Beach, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – Referred from a staffing agency, I had an initial phone interview with one of the hiring managers. During the phone interview I was asked mostly about my previous experience and was given a thorough run through of the job expectations and functions. Face to face interview came two days later. Checked in at the reception 10mins early than my appt and waited for a few minutes before I was told to take the elevator to the 4th floor I believe where I was met by two hiring managers. I was asked the typical interview questions, what would my manager day about me, why should we hire you etc. The hiring managers that interviewed me were very personable and friendly. I got a call a few hours after the interview stating I was being offered the position.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Provider Representative Interview

Provider Representative
Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Question – The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What negotiation?

Technical Analyst? Interview

Technical Analyst?
Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone after an employee saw my resume. Called in to interview within a few days. Panel of 4 for a two hour interview. Received a call two days later with a job offer.

The first phone call was a short phone screen: asked about my resume and then a few technical questions on OOP. They decided to continue forward and scheduled an in-person interview (details sent in an email for confirmation).

I interviewed with a panel of four people, one of who was the manager. We took turns asking about my resume and myself. After maybe about 20-30min, they moved onto technical questions. The team asked 4-5 smaller questions and then the manager moved us to the white board for another 4-5 questions. I struggled a few times (the questions were fairly simple in hindsight) as my nervousness increased, but they were kind and helpful whenever I was stuck. I remembered to ask questions and to comment on the things I wrote or what I was thinking. In turn, I was given tips and hints.

Having completed the run of technical questions, the manager and I discussed job details and then he showed me around the office/work area and introduced me to the team I would be working with. The in-person interview was roughly two hours long.

A few days after the interview, I received a call with an offer. They really enjoyed the interview with me and even raised the initial salary they had offered by quite a lot. However, I opted to decline as the job position wasn't one that I was looking for.

There were two downsides: they never told me the job title until I asked (and they had trouble describing the details of the job) and they rushed me for an answer to their offer (I was given one day to think about it) when I told them I was also interviewing with another company.

But, all in all, a nice and fast experience.

Attire: Business Casual

Interview Question – Given a website with static html pages and a list of words to censor, mark all pages that have a censored word. What is the best O-notation you can come up with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the position I was looking for.

Case Manager II Interview

Case Manager II
Springfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – They asked many behavioral interview questions. Interviewed with 2 local supervisors and 1 corporate supervisor on the phone. Comfortable interview but I was prepared. Asked information regarding opinions on managed care. They had a form they were reading questions from so all interviewees were asked the same questions which made me feel like it was a fair interview process.

Interview Question – Explain your experience with disease management and integrated care.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was too low and the job required more travel than I am willing to do at this time. Corporate office did not pay attention to detail when making offer. Corporate recruiter claimed to have met me at the open house, which I did not attend, thought I was a current pediatric nurse and I am a social worker. My name was spelled wrong on the total rewards/benefit package they emailed to me. Just sloppy.

Case Manager II Interview

Case Manager II
Doral, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the telephone once by a recruiter, after which I was scheduled to meet with supervisor. Interview went well, as I agree with Molina's vision and Mission and so did my supervisor to be..she asked me for the money expected which was most difficult part of interview for me, after 1 day post interview I was given a job offer. Since my Driver's license was suspended at the time (although I was already working on clearing the DL matter), the offer was initially rescinded then 2 months later I informed them that I had cleared everything up with my DL. There were no other reasons to NOT hire, so, offer was extended again.

Interview Question – You've had several different positions in the past 5 years, why is that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not want to give an accept dollar amount, but they insisted, so my supervisor reworded the question, I answered, my pay rate must be above $32 hr. I wish I had said above $35 but, that's what I said and I got $34 hr. I should have prepared this portion better as it is sticky for me to discuss pay rate.

Health Manager Interview

Health Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair but knew someone in the company. The best way to get your foot in the door is by getting a current employee to refer you through the 6 degree employee referral.

Interview Question – Specifically How would you remove the barriers to healthcare access to someone who is homeless?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they have set salaries in place. No negotiation process

CMI Interview

CMI
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – Basic or Typical case management interview concerning comprehensive care

Interview Question – typical case management questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I turned the first offer down and the job. They called 2 weeks later with 2500.00 more per year.

Intern Interview

Intern
Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went smoothly. It depends on the individual. Approach the interviewer confidently, experience helps. The company needs more people that are willing to adapt change as there are quite a few tenured employees that seem antiquated in their processes.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions. Go into the interview with confidence and appear presentable.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – The hiring process was with VP of finance and Director of finance and analytics. I went through 2 rounds of interviews,and was impressed with the overall dedication there was to make the Texas plan the most successful plan for the company. I would describe the hiring process as somewhat easy going and not stressful.

Interview Question – There really were not any difficult or unexpected interview questions. It was straight forward, and clear that I knew the business and could tackle the job tasks without a steep learning curve. Additionally, there was a general passion with the securities market that highlighted many of my strengths for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined the original offer, but accepted the second offer after renegotiation.

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!