Molina Healthcare Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2012.

Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   View Answer

Director QI Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2013.

Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Questions
    • On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   View Answer

I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2008.

I was called and the person who woujld soon be my supervisor did a quick phone screening interview. Basically these questions were to see if I would meet the basic qualifications and if I was willing to do the job. I remember being asked if I had a car, valid insurance, was I willing to travel, etc.. After the screening we scheduled an interview. I was told I would be giving a brief 5 minute presentation to a small group. I could use props if I wanted such as a poster, storyboard, or powerpoint. I was told to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This is important - be early!! I arrived 11 minutes early and the receptionist actually greeted me by saying "whew, 1 minute and you would have been late!" I was intereviewed by 2 people. I did the presentation where I used a nice storyboard I had created as a visual aid. They said the presentation could be on absolutely anything. I chose healthcare since it was a healthcare company. After the interview where we ran through typical questions, I had a writing assignment. I cannot remember the questions but it was timed and there were 2 essays. Very stressful but both interviewers were very friendly and made the experience okay to get through.

I didn't negotiate, however next time I would.

Provider Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Questions
    • The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question
    What negotiation?

Health Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Referred from a staffing agency, I had an initial phone interview with one of the hiring managers. During the phone interview I was asked mostly about my previous experience and was given a thorough run through of the job expectations and functions. Face to face interview came two days later. Checked in at the reception 10mins early than my appt and waited for a few minutes before I was told to take the elevator to the 4th floor I believe where I was met by two hiring managers. I was asked the typical interview questions, what would my manager day about me, why should we hire you etc. The hiring managers that interviewed me were very personable and friendly. I got a call a few hours after the interview stating I was being offered the position.

Care Review Clinician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interviewed with UM Manager-RN and another supervisor who was not an RN. Was asked a series of generic interview questions by each of the interviewers. Contacted by recruiter the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate with the recruiter, but they asked what my current pay was, so I advise letting them know what you will accept up front.

Care Review Clinician II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Applied online and was contacted by main headquarters HR a few weeks later. I was asked how my computer skills are and it was emphasized that I needed to be familiar with Microsoft Office products. I was asked why I wanted to work for Molina and about my skills, no behavioral questions. I was told that the local office already wanted to schedule an interview with me ASAP. I was interviewed by two supervisors for my second interview. Again, the main emphasis was on making sure my computer skills were up to par. I was told that the process of filling the position I applied for was long and that there were many candidates to choose from. I was told they would try to contact me in one week's time. I went home to fill out my Thank You cards for my interviewers and I received a phone call with a job offer while I was in the middle of writing them!

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of something in your current job that is constantly changing and you have to learn to adapt to the change.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in September 2008.

one technical round interview in which questions on microsoft technologies were asked. Then interview with the hiring manager which was general and immediately after an hour they offered the job over the phone. They pay well but IT work culture is the worst i have ever seen in my career.

Interview Questions
    • How do write a stored procedure to insert/update multiple rows in table   Answer Question
    They pay well. Don;t hesitate to ask.

Healthcare Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in January 2009.

lots of interviews via phone; some by people who had just been hired as this place is a revolving door-so they didn't know what they were doing or what goals were. should have seen this as major red flag.

good

Case Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

They asked many behavioral interview questions. Interviewed with 2 local supervisors and 1 corporate supervisor on the phone. Comfortable interview but I was prepared. Asked information regarding opinions on managed care. They had a form they were reading questions from so all interviewees were asked the same questions which made me feel like it was a fair interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your experience with disease management and integrated care.   Answer Question

Offer was too low and the job required more travel than I am willing to do at this time. Corporate office did not pay attention to detail when making offer. Corporate recruiter claimed to have met me at the open house, which I did not attend, thought I was a current pediatric nurse and I am a social worker. My name was spelled wrong on the total rewards/benefit package they emailed to me. Just sloppy.

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!