Molina Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   1 Answer

Director QI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Questions

• On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   1 Answer

I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Provider Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Questions

• The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview

Very good interview process. I had only one face-to-face interview and one phone interview for a contract position. The hiring manager asked very valid questions regarding Data Analysis. The two concepts that were asked that I do not use were correlated subqueries and the exist clause. I do not use these at all and this threw me. The questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• Exists clause in SQL. I do not use it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a contract my rate was agreed upon prior to interviewing

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (West Allis, WI).

Interview

They had more than 1 Supervisor interview me-a bit intimidating. They reviewed the job description very quickly-it was confusing. The conference room was already booked but we got interrupted by a group that wanted to have a meeting there. I did not get a very good feeling that I had the job by the younger supervisor and waited a while for them to get back to me. One manager was very nice and very friendly but the other one was not dressed professionally and seemed very judgmental.

Interview Questions

• How well do I manage change? What kind of supervisor do I like?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2008.

Interview

I was called and the person who woujld soon be my supervisor did a quick phone screening interview. Basically these questions were to see if I would meet the basic qualifications and if I was willing to do the job. I remember being asked if I had a car, valid insurance, was I willing to travel, etc.. After the screening we scheduled an interview. I was told I would be giving a brief 5 minute presentation to a small group. I could use props if I wanted such as a poster, storyboard, or powerpoint. I was told to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This is important - be early!! I arrived 11 minutes early and the receptionist actually greeted me by saying "whew, 1 minute and you would have been late!" I was intereviewed by 2 people. I did the presentation where I used a nice storyboard I had created as a visual aid. They said the presentation could be on absolutely anything. I chose healthcare since it was a healthcare company. After the interview where we ran through typical questions, I had a writing assignment. I cannot remember the questions but it was timed and there were 2 essays. Very stressful but both interviewers were very friendly and made the experience okay to get through.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, however next time I would.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

there were 3 people in the room and they took turns interviewing me asking different questions. The room was no bigger than a small office. After about 30-40 min I was told I would be called back for a second interview. I was then called back to meet with the office manager. once the interview process was complete I waited about 2 weeks for an offer

Interview Questions

• I do not wish to relay questions   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?error   1 Answer

Drug Rebate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, was contacted by recruiter to set up phone interview, then asked to participate in second in-person interview. The phone portion took roughly 30 minutes and the individual I talked with was extremely nice and the conversation was comfortable. The in-person interview was with the original person and the manager for the position, both extremely nice individuals. The only thing that was a little off was that neither took notes during the interview, they may have gone back to their offices to do so after or they may have already made up their minds about who they were going to hire for the position, whether it is me or not, I don't know yet.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me directly to interview. The interview consisted of the manager and then the team members were coming and going throughout the one hour meeting. I was asked a series of questions that went from canned personality questions to technical, and then was given an outdated piece of paper and asked to demonstrate knowledge of database querying. The interview ended with the hiring manager walking me back to HR, parking validated, and then I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when you worked with a difficult person and how you dealt with that situation?   Answer Question

IP Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in December 2007.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, followed up with a short phone discussion with the team's manager. Set up an interview for about a week or so later. The one on one interview was brief with the manager, who was very friendly and happy to provide detail about how the group operated and potential future coworkers. This was followed by approximately an hour long technical panel interview with the other engineers. As is typical with having employees assist with the interview process, the questions were somewhat disjointed and across the board, but mostly ontopic. Offer letter followed about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers picked a topic from my resume that I had received a short amount of training on then never touched again. They didn't specifically mention what product they were asking about, but attempted to get me to talk about it, then finally told me later.   2 Answers