Molina Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   1 Answer

Director QI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Questions

• On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   1 Answer

I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Provider Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Questions

• The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Healthcare Data Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview

Very good interview process. I had only one face-to-face interview and one phone interview for a contract position. The hiring manager asked very valid questions regarding Data Analysis. The two concepts that were asked that I do not use were correlated subqueries and the exist clause. I do not use these at all and this threw me. The questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• Exists clause in SQL. I do not use it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a contract my rate was agreed upon prior to interviewing

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2008.

Interview

I was called and the person who woujld soon be my supervisor did a quick phone screening interview. Basically these questions were to see if I would meet the basic qualifications and if I was willing to do the job. I remember being asked if I had a car, valid insurance, was I willing to travel, etc.. After the screening we scheduled an interview. I was told I would be giving a brief 5 minute presentation to a small group. I could use props if I wanted such as a poster, storyboard, or powerpoint. I was told to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This is important - be early!! I arrived 11 minutes early and the receptionist actually greeted me by saying "whew, 1 minute and you would have been late!" I was intereviewed by 2 people. I did the presentation where I used a nice storyboard I had created as a visual aid. They said the presentation could be on absolutely anything. I chose healthcare since it was a healthcare company. After the interview where we ran through typical questions, I had a writing assignment. I cannot remember the questions but it was timed and there were 2 essays. Very stressful but both interviewers were very friendly and made the experience okay to get through.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, however next time I would.

IP Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in December 2007.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, followed up with a short phone discussion with the team's manager. Set up an interview for about a week or so later. The one on one interview was brief with the manager, who was very friendly and happy to provide detail about how the group operated and potential future coworkers. This was followed by approximately an hour long technical panel interview with the other engineers. As is typical with having employees assist with the interview process, the questions were somewhat disjointed and across the board, but mostly ontopic. Offer letter followed about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers picked a topic from my resume that I had received a short amount of training on then never touched again. They didn't specifically mention what product they were asking about, but attempted to get me to talk about it, then finally told me later.   2 Answers

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

one technical round interview in which questions on microsoft technologies were asked. Then interview with the hiring manager which was general and immediately after an hour they offered the job over the phone. They pay well but IT work culture is the worst i have ever seen in my career.

Interview Questions

• How do write a stored procedure to insert/update multiple rows in table   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay well. Don;t hesitate to ask.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2009.

Interview

This ia a company that gets your hopes up, schedules an interview than cancels at the last minute only to reschedule for a phone interview. This is a company that promotes from within so when a position becomes available they already know who will fill the position, if your an outside source than you will not be hired. You are offered an interview only to keep with the whole "equal opportuntiy" theme. They interview two outside sources as nan exercise not because they want to hire you, the positions been filled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation or employee you dealt with at your last job, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR the following day, got through a phone screening and got a phone interview with hiring manager a couple of days later, interview over the phone was a bit weird it sounded like he was walking and was talking to me on his cell phone, I didn't know what to think of that, he was either very busy or didn't give much importance to the phone inteview, questions were pretty straight forward about my previous experience couple of technical questions about database admin and we schedule a face to face interview for the following day. The day of the interview I got interview by the senior and hiring manager of IT department, I must say that it was pretty disrespecful to see hiring manager on the computer pretty much the entire time just to briefly cut in a couple of times to ask questions, it was somewhat distracting. Senior asked a lot of questions about database encryption, certificates, master keys, ways to optimize a query, data refresh methods, DMV. I was a bit concerned about the company at first because of so many reviews and I must say I was a bit unsettle after I left, they pretty much wanted a person to be a barried between their department and some project they have going on, so this person was going to take a lot of heat from everybody. I was not that desperate to take a position under those terms. The working environment did not seem appeling too.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing firm and got interview almost immediately. Had 2 interviews within a week and got an offer the same day. Very easy interviews and the managers were very pleasant and personable. They didn't try to intimadate you or make you look stupid by asking questions from PMBOK

I had another offer for about 15K more a year, but their salary was very good