Molina Healthcare

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Long Beach, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Question – Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Director QI Interview

Director QI
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2013.

Interview Details – Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Question – On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Community Outreach Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was called and the person who woujld soon be my supervisor did a quick phone screening interview. Basically these questions were to see if I would meet the basic qualifications and if I was willing to do the job. I remember being asked if I had a car, valid insurance, was I willing to travel, etc.. After the screening we scheduled an interview. I was told I would be giving a brief 5 minute presentation to a small group. I could use props if I wanted such as a poster, storyboard, or powerpoint. I was told to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This is important - be early!! I arrived 11 minutes early and the receptionist actually greeted me by saying "whew, 1 minute and you would have been late!" I was intereviewed by 2 people. I did the presentation where I used a nice storyboard I had created as a visual aid. They said the presentation could be on absolutely anything. I chose healthcare since it was a healthcare company. After the interview where we ran through typical questions, I had a writing assignment. I cannot remember the questions but it was timed and there were 2 essays. Very stressful but both interviewers were very friendly and made the experience okay to get through.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, however next time I would.

Provider Representative Interview

Provider Representative
Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Question – The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What negotiation?

Health Manager I Interview

Health Manager I
Long Beach, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – Referred from a staffing agency, I had an initial phone interview with one of the hiring managers. During the phone interview I was asked mostly about my previous experience and was given a thorough run through of the job expectations and functions. Face to face interview came two days later. Checked in at the reception 10mins early than my appt and waited for a few minutes before I was told to take the elevator to the 4th floor I believe where I was met by two hiring managers. I was asked the typical interview questions, what would my manager day about me, why should we hire you etc. The hiring managers that interviewed me were very personable and friendly. I got a call a few hours after the interview stating I was being offered the position.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

IP Telephony Engineer Interview

IP Telephony Engineer
Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2007.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter, followed up with a short phone discussion with the team's manager. Set up an interview for about a week or so later. The one on one interview was brief with the manager, who was very friendly and happy to provide detail about how the group operated and potential future coworkers. This was followed by approximately an hour long technical panel interview with the other engineers. As is typical with having employees assist with the interview process, the questions were somewhat disjointed and across the board, but mostly ontopic. Offer letter followed about two weeks later.

Interview Question – Interviewers picked a topic from my resume that I had received a short amount of training on then never touched again. They didn't specifically mention what product they were asking about, but attempted to get me to talk about it, then finally told me later.   View Answer

Case Manager II Interview

Case Manager II
Springfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – They asked many behavioral interview questions. Interviewed with 2 local supervisors and 1 corporate supervisor on the phone. Comfortable interview but I was prepared. Asked information regarding opinions on managed care. They had a form they were reading questions from so all interviewees were asked the same questions which made me feel like it was a fair interview process.

Interview Question – Explain your experience with disease management and integrated care.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was too low and the job required more travel than I am willing to do at this time. Corporate office did not pay attention to detail when making offer. Corporate recruiter claimed to have met me at the open house, which I did not attend, thought I was a current pediatric nurse and I am a social worker. My name was spelled wrong on the total rewards/benefit package they emailed to me. Just sloppy.

Technical Analyst? Interview

Technical Analyst?
Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone after an employee saw my resume. Called in to interview within a few days. Panel of 4 for a two hour interview. Received a call two days later with a job offer.

The first phone call was a short phone screen: asked about my resume and then a few technical questions on OOP. They decided to continue forward and scheduled an in-person interview (details sent in an email for confirmation).

I interviewed with a panel of four people, one of who was the manager. We took turns asking about my resume and myself. After maybe about 20-30min, they moved onto technical questions. The team asked 4-5 smaller questions and then the manager moved us to the white board for another 4-5 questions. I struggled a few times (the questions were fairly simple in hindsight) as my nervousness increased, but they were kind and helpful whenever I was stuck. I remembered to ask questions and to comment on the things I wrote or what I was thinking. In turn, I was given tips and hints.

Having completed the run of technical questions, the manager and I discussed job details and then he showed me around the office/work area and introduced me to the team I would be working with. The in-person interview was roughly two hours long.

A few days after the interview, I received a call with an offer. They really enjoyed the interview with me and even raised the initial salary they had offered by quite a lot. However, I opted to decline as the job position wasn't one that I was looking for.

There were two downsides: they never told me the job title until I asked (and they had trouble describing the details of the job) and they rushed me for an answer to their offer (I was given one day to think about it) when I told them I was also interviewing with another company.

But, all in all, a nice and fast experience.

Attire: Business Casual

Interview Question – Given a website with static html pages and a list of words to censor, mark all pages that have a censored word. What is the best O-notation you can come up with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the position I was looking for.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in September 2008.

Interview Details – one technical round interview in which questions on microsoft technologies were asked. Then interview with the hiring manager which was general and immediately after an hour they offered the job over the phone. They pay well but IT work culture is the worst i have ever seen in my career.

Interview Question – How do write a stored procedure to insert/update multiple rows in table   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay well. Don;t hesitate to ask.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2009.

Interview Details – This ia a company that gets your hopes up, schedules an interview than cancels at the last minute only to reschedule for a phone interview. This is a company that promotes from within so when a position becomes available they already know who will fill the position, if your an outside source than you will not be hired. You are offered an interview only to keep with the whole "equal opportuntiy" theme. They interview two outside sources as nan exercise not because they want to hire you, the positions been filled.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation or employee you dealt with at your last job, how did you handle it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Molina Healthcare

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Molina Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 46 interview reviews posted anonymously by Molina Healthcare employees and interview candidates.