Molina Healthcare

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2012.

Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   View Answer

Director QI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2013.

Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Questions
    • On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   View Answer

I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2008.

I was called and the person who woujld soon be my supervisor did a quick phone screening interview. Basically these questions were to see if I would meet the basic qualifications and if I was willing to do the job. I remember being asked if I had a car, valid insurance, was I willing to travel, etc.. After the screening we scheduled an interview. I was told I would be giving a brief 5 minute presentation to a small group. I could use props if I wanted such as a poster, storyboard, or powerpoint. I was told to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This is important - be early!! I arrived 11 minutes early and the receptionist actually greeted me by saying "whew, 1 minute and you would have been late!" I was intereviewed by 2 people. I did the presentation where I used a nice storyboard I had created as a visual aid. They said the presentation could be on absolutely anything. I chose healthcare since it was a healthcare company. After the interview where we ran through typical questions, I had a writing assignment. I cannot remember the questions but it was timed and there were 2 essays. Very stressful but both interviewers were very friendly and made the experience okay to get through.

I didn't negotiate, however next time I would.

Provider Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare.

I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Questions
    • The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question
    What negotiation?

Healthcare Data Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Very good interview process. I had only one face-to-face interview and one phone interview for a contract position. The hiring manager asked very valid questions regarding Data Analysis. The two concepts that were asked that I do not use were correlated subqueries and the exist clause. I do not use these at all and this threw me. The questions were fair.

Interview Questions
    • Exists clause in SQL. I do not use it.   View Answer
    As a contract my rate was agreed upon prior to interviewing

Programmer Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Took forever to get interview - contacted by Molina recruiter in February and it was June before they scheduled a phone interview (4 months), and then they messed up on the date... so I got called a day early during lunch. Phone interview was an hour-long technical screening with two development leads.
    I was called back for an in-person interview with their manager. The meeting with the manager went well and I thought the interview was over, but then the two leads showed up and sat down with me for 2 extra hours of technical screening. Very unexpected and unpleasant.
    Was contacted for another interview with a different group 3 months later. Same scheduling problems - they were half hour late for an hour-long meeting. Again, they launched into a technical screening.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone seems disorganized and lacking in people skills. It made a bad impression.   Answer Question

UM Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in October 2014.

I had a panel interview consisting of 5 people. The questions were managerial/behavioral in nature and i was prepared for such. They were all very pleasant and professional. After the interview i discussed compensation with the director of the unit.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think will be your challenges in this position   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Very easy!! Just know your stuff, as far as the position you're applying for. Have questions available to ask management & be flexible. Communicate confidently and go into detail.

Interview Questions
    • Share positive and negative characteristics of yourself?   View Answer
    What's the minimum your willing to accept? I stood strong and got it.

Health Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Referred from a staffing agency, I had an initial phone interview with one of the hiring managers. During the phone interview I was asked mostly about my previous experience and was given a thorough run through of the job expectations and functions. Face to face interview came two days later. Checked in at the reception 10mins early than my appt and waited for a few minutes before I was told to take the elevator to the 4th floor I believe where I was met by two hiring managers. I was asked the typical interview questions, what would my manager day about me, why should we hire you etc. The hiring managers that interviewed me were very personable and friendly. I got a call a few hours after the interview stating I was being offered the position.

IP Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2007.

Contacted by a recruiter, followed up with a short phone discussion with the team's manager. Set up an interview for about a week or so later. The one on one interview was brief with the manager, who was very friendly and happy to provide detail about how the group operated and potential future coworkers. This was followed by approximately an hour long technical panel interview with the other engineers. As is typical with having employees assist with the interview process, the questions were somewhat disjointed and across the board, but mostly ontopic. Offer letter followed about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers picked a topic from my resume that I had received a short amount of training on then never touched again. They didn't specifically mention what product they were asking about, but attempted to get me to talk about it, then finally told me later.   View Answer