Molina Healthcare

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews

Health Manager Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair but knew someone in the company. The best way to get your foot in the door is by getting a current employee to refer you through the 6 degree employee referral.

Interview Question – Specifically How would you remove the barriers to healthcare access to someone who is homeless?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they have set salaries in place. No negotiation process

CMI Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – Basic or Typical case management interview concerning comprehensive care

Interview Question – typical case management questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I turned the first offer down and the job. They called 2 weeks later with 2500.00 more per year.

Intern Interview

Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went smoothly. It depends on the individual. Approach the interviewer confidently, experience helps. The company needs more people that are willing to adapt change as there are quite a few tenured employees that seem antiquated in their processes.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions. Go into the interview with confidence and appear presentable.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – The hiring process was with VP of finance and Director of finance and analytics. I went through 2 rounds of interviews,and was impressed with the overall dedication there was to make the Texas plan the most successful plan for the company. I would describe the hiring process as somewhat easy going and not stressful.

Interview Question – There really were not any difficult or unexpected interview questions. It was straight forward, and clear that I knew the business and could tackle the job tasks without a steep learning curve. Additionally, there was a general passion with the securities market that highlighted many of my strengths for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined the original offer, but accepted the second offer after renegotiation.

IT Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by phone with the hiring manager and set up a subsequent phone call. To get to this point my resume' passed the initial screening. After the brief discussion with basic questions (e.g. why are you leaving your current position, etc.), we set up an interview for the following week. The interview lasted about 20 minutes with 3 different supervisors, asking some background questions and basic technical questions. I thought it went relatively well. That was the last I ever heard from them. I understand if you are inundated with thousand of applications that you cannot get back to every individual, but I think I at least deserved a response indicating I had not been selected for the position. It did tell me this company must not care about the people it hires if it has so little respect that they don't give potential candidates the courtesy of a rejection communication.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Case Manager II Interview

Case Manager II
Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. One week later the recruiter called me to set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 managers. They were pleasant to talk to. I called the recruiter twice to inquire about feedback from the interview. I never got a call back from him. How rude. I thought the interview went well on my end. I assume
since I didnt get any feedback they have choosen another candidate. I left a message for the recruiter to call me back and sent an email. No response. I called one of the managers I met with for feedback. I was told no decisions were made (during the interview I was told start date would be the middle of the next month) and I would need to contact the recruiter for any information.

Interview Question – It was general questions asked. "Why did you leave your previous employer?" No behavioral questions were asked. I was also asked if I'm sure I want to do this type of work.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview Details – After 2 interviews with the department supervisor and hiring manager and 1 interview with the company recruiter, the entire process was fairly easy.

Interview Question – Most difficult question is a common once, "What are your weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation process as straight forward

Business Analyst Interview

Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR person did not have any knowledge about IT so she did not understand the context of any of the screening questions. (Kinda odd..) They quickly scheduled a personal interview that was a meeting with my Manager-To-Be and her boss at the same time. They gave me a fast overview of the company and the position, then asked mostly general traditional questions.

Interview Question – Asked for a couple of examples of when I had used swim lanes. They did not seem interested in the context, just for me to prove to them that I knew what a swim lane is.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Director QI Interview

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in December 2013.

Interview Details – Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Question – On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Community Outreach Coordinator
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview with a recruiter was a great experience. It was a couple months before I received a call. They didn't have much information on the office environment I was interested in, however. It was wasn't specified in the add a preference for a second language, though the recruiter made it clear this would be necessary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Molina Healthcare

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Molina Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Molina Healthcare employees and interview candidates.