Molina Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.6

Health Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Referred from a staffing agency, I had an initial phone interview with one of the hiring managers. During the phone interview I was asked mostly about my previous experience and was given a thorough run through of the job expectations and functions. Face to face interview came two days later. Checked in at the reception 10mins early than my appt and waited for a few minutes before I was told to take the elevator to the 4th floor I believe where I was met by two hiring managers. I was asked the typical interview questions, what would my manager day about me, why should we hire you etc. The hiring managers that interviewed me were very personable and friendly. I got a call a few hours after the interview stating I was being offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Springfield, IL).

Interview

They asked many behavioral interview questions. Interviewed with 2 local supervisors and 1 corporate supervisor on the phone. Comfortable interview but I was prepared. Asked information regarding opinions on managed care. They had a form they were reading questions from so all interviewees were asked the same questions which made me feel like it was a fair interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with disease management and integrated care.   Answer Question

Offer was too low and the job required more travel than I am willing to do at this time. Corporate office did not pay attention to detail when making offer. Corporate recruiter claimed to have met me at the open house, which I did not attend, thought I was a current pediatric nurse and I am a social worker. My name was spelled wrong on the total rewards/benefit package they emailed to me. Just sloppy.

Provider Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors who asked some template questions that come from a Molina worksheet. It was somewhat of a good cop/bad cop scenario and I felt as though I connected with one of the interviewers but not the other.

Interview Questions

• The standard question of "describe a difficult situation in a past job" is always a struggle to cough in a positive light.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation?

CMI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basic or Typical case management interview concerning comprehensive care

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I turned the first offer down and the job. They called 2 weeks later with 2500.00 more per year.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Bothell, WA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process went smoothly. It depends on the individual. Approach the interviewer confidently, experience helps. The company needs more people that are willing to adapt change as there are quite a few tenured employees that seem antiquated in their processes.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions. Go into the interview with confidence and appear presentable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Doral, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed over the telephone once by a recruiter, after which I was scheduled to meet with supervisor. Interview went well, as I agree with Molina's vision and Mission and so did my supervisor to be..she asked me for the money expected which was most difficult part of interview for me, after 1 day post interview I was given a job offer. Since my Driver's license was suspended at the time (although I was already working on clearing the DL matter), the offer was initially rescinded then 2 months later I informed them that I had cleared everything up with my DL. There were no other reasons to NOT hire, so, offer was extended again.

Interview Questions

• You've had several different positions in the past 5 years, why is that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not want to give an accept dollar amount, but they insisted, so my supervisor reworded the question, I answered, my pay rate must be above $32 hr. I wish I had said above $35 but, that's what I said and I got $34 hr. I should have prepared this portion better as it is sticky for me to discuss pay rate.

Technical Analyst? Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by phone after an employee saw my resume. Called in to interview within a few days. Panel of 4 for a two hour interview. Received a call two days later with a job offer. The first phone call was a short phone screen: asked about my resume and then a few technical questions on OOP. They decided to continue forward and scheduled an in-person interview (details sent in an email for confirmation). I interviewed with a panel of four people, one of who was the manager. We took turns asking about my resume and myself. After maybe about 20-30min, they moved onto technical questions. The team asked 4-5 smaller questions and then the manager moved us to the white board for another 4-5 questions. I struggled a few times (the questions were fairly simple in hindsight) as my nervousness increased, but they were kind and helpful whenever I was stuck. I remembered to ask questions and to comment on the things I wrote or what I was thinking. In turn, I was given tips and hints. Having completed the run of technical questions, the manager and I discussed job details and then he showed me around the office/work area and introduced me to the team I would be working with. The in-person interview was roughly two hours long. A few days after the interview, I received a call with an offer. They really enjoyed the interview with me and even raised the initial salary they had offered by quite a lot. However, I opted to decline as the job position wasn't one that I was looking for. There were two downsides: they never told me the job title until I asked (and they had trouble describing the details of the job) and they rushed me for an answer to their offer (I was given one day to think about it) when I told them I was also interviewing with another company. But, all in all, a nice and fast experience. Attire: Business Casual

Interview Questions

• Given a website with static html pages and a list of words to censor, mark all pages that have a censored word. What is the best O-notation you can come up with?   Answer Question

Not the position I was looking for.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview

The hiring process was with VP of finance and Director of finance and analytics. I went through 2 rounds of interviews,and was impressed with the overall dedication there was to make the Texas plan the most successful plan for the company. I would describe the hiring process as somewhat easy going and not stressful.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any difficult or unexpected interview questions. It was straight forward, and clear that I knew the business and could tackle the job tasks without a steep learning curve. Additionally, there was a general passion with the securities market that highlighted many of my strengths for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined the original offer, but accepted the second offer after renegotiation.

Healthcare Data Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview

Very good interview process. I had only one face-to-face interview and one phone interview for a contract position. The hiring manager asked very valid questions regarding Data Analysis. The two concepts that were asked that I do not use were correlated subqueries and the exist clause. I do not use these at all and this threw me. The questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• Exists clause in SQL. I do not use it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a contract my rate was agreed upon prior to interviewing

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Oak Brook, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online. One week later the recruiter called me to set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 managers. They were pleasant to talk to. I called the recruiter twice to inquire about feedback from the interview. I never got a call back from him. How rude. I thought the interview went well on my end. I assume since I didnt get any feedback they have choosen another candidate. I left a message for the recruiter to call me back and sent an email. No response. I called one of the managers I met with for feedback. I was told no decisions were made (during the interview I was told start date would be the middle of the next month) and I would need to contact the recruiter for any information.

Interview Questions

• It was general questions asked. "Why did you leave your previous employer?" No behavioral questions were asked. I was also asked if I'm sure I want to do this type of work.   Answer Question