Molina Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.7

Healthcare Data Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Interview

Very good interview process. I had only one face-to-face interview and one phone interview for a contract position. The hiring manager asked very valid questions regarding Data Analysis. The two concepts that were asked that I do not use were correlated subqueries and the exist clause. I do not use these at all and this threw me. The questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• Exists clause in SQL. I do not use it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a contract my rate was agreed upon prior to interviewing

Case Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Oak Brook, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online. One week later the recruiter called me to set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 managers. They were pleasant to talk to. I called the recruiter twice to inquire about feedback from the interview. I never got a call back from him. How rude. I thought the interview went well on my end. I assume
    since I didnt get any feedback they have choosen another candidate. I left a message for the recruiter to call me back and sent an email. No response. I called one of the managers I met with for feedback. I was told no decisions were made (during the interview I was told start date would be the middle of the next month) and I would need to contact the recruiter for any information.

Interview Questions

• It was general questions asked. "Why did you leave your previous employer?" No behavioral questions were asked. I was also asked if I'm sure I want to do this type of work.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interview

After 2 interviews with the department supervisor and hiring manager and 1 interview with the company recruiter, the entire process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is a common once, "What are your weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation process as straight forward

Director QI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Waited 3+ months for a signal, then all of a sudden was called for an interview by phone. I had to scramble to quickly prep for the interview. The interviewers were cold, lacking in any empathy or desire to really understand my qualifications. The tone and questions were all "Gotcha!" type of questions... lots of questions related to, " give me a time when you did something wrong" and "give me a time when you had to give bad news to a VP". The interviewer, she was unpleasant and condescending. Would never work for such a heavy-handed mean individual.

Interview Questions

• On nearly all questions, the tone and words were that I was not qualified for the position, I felt bullied and insulted. Not nice people!   1 Answer

I was told that while I am not qualified for the position, I could be considered for a much lower level position working for the interviewer. After her bullying personality came through loud and clear, I would steer clear of such an individual, even if the place is in Oakbrook. Would never want to work for this ogre.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Just one phone interview with the manager. 20 minutes of blah, blah. No feedback from her. 3 months later, I was awarded the contract. No face to face at all. The project was in flames and they needed a firefighter ASAP.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. She seemed to appreciate my sense of humor, though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My head-hunter did all the dirty work.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Boise, ID) in November 2013.

Interview

HR person did not have any knowledge about IT so she did not understand the context of any of the screening questions. (Kinda odd..) They quickly scheduled a personal interview that was a meeting with my Manager-To-Be and her boss at the same time. They gave me a fast overview of the company and the position, then asked mostly general traditional questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a couple of examples of when I had used swim lanes. They did not seem interested in the context, just for me to prove to them that I knew what a swim lane is.   Answer Question

Health Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Molina Healthcare (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I attended a job fair but knew someone in the company. The best way to get your foot in the door is by getting a current employee to refer you through the 6 degree employee referral.

Interview Questions

• Specifically How would you remove the barriers to healthcare access to someone who is homeless?   2 Answers

Negotiation

None they have set salaries in place. No negotiation process

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial interview with a recruiter was a great experience. It was a couple months before I received a call. They didn't have much information on the office environment I was interested in, however. It was wasn't specified in the add a preference for a second language, though the recruiter made it clear this would be necessary.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by phone with the hiring manager and set up a subsequent phone call. To get to this point my resume' passed the initial screening. After the brief discussion with basic questions (e.g. why are you leaving your current position, etc.), we set up an interview for the following week. The interview lasted about 20 minutes with 3 different supervisors, asking some background questions and basic technical questions. I thought it went relatively well. That was the last I ever heard from them. I understand if you are inundated with thousand of applications that you cannot get back to every individual, but I think I at least deserved a response indicating I had not been selected for the position. It did tell me this company must not care about the people it hires if it has so little respect that they don't give potential candidates the courtesy of a rejection communication.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Contacted to attend a 1 hour on site interview. Interviewed with two PMs. The hiring manager got called into another meeting. I was asked to come back to speak with the hiring manager but Molina hired another person. Molina is very unprofessional.