Molina Healthcare

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.7

Care Review Clinician II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Applied online and was contacted by main headquarters HR a few weeks later. I was asked how my computer skills are and it was emphasized that I needed to be familiar with Microsoft Office products. I was asked why I wanted to work for Molina and about my skills, no behavioral questions. I was told that the local office already wanted to schedule an interview with me ASAP. I was interviewed by two supervisors for my second interview. Again, the main emphasis was on making sure my computer skills were up to par. I was told that the process of filling the position I applied for was long and that there were many candidates to choose from. I was told they would try to contact me in one week's time. I went home to fill out my Thank You cards for my interviewers and I received a phone call with a job offer while I was in the middle of writing them!

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of something in your current job that is constantly changing and you have to learn to adapt to the change.   Answer Question

Care Review Clinician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Interviewed with UM Manager-RN and another supervisor who was not an RN. Was asked a series of generic interview questions by each of the interviewers. Contacted by recruiter the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate with the recruiter, but they asked what my current pay was, so I advise letting them know what you will accept up front.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2012.

Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   View Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in June 2012.

I arrived promptly for my 5:00pm interview with the program director, which was scheduled and confirmed via phone conversation and email by the company recruiter. Upon entering the lobby I was politely greeted by the receptionist who had a printed name tag waiting for me. The tag had my name misspelled, which was the first of several unprofessional behavior/practice to be demonstrated that day. After several minutes I was greeted by a very pleasant young women who introduced herself as the program director's assistant. Thereafter, she walked me to the program director's office for my scheduled interview. Upon knocking on the door and informing the director I was there for my scheduled interview, the assistant was giving a hand wave and told she was busy. The assistant was clearly embarrassed and had me wait in her office with her while she attempted to make amends for her bosses unprofessional behavior. During this time, the assistant offered polite conversation, was very professional, and was genuinely sympathetic to my situation. After waiting for 10 minutes, I was told the program director would meet with me after I met with the program managers. Subsequently, I was taken to the meet the program managers as the assistant told me what an amazing company Molina was to work for. I was introduced to the program manager who started the interview with the never fail, "tell me about yourself?" As I briefly highlighted my career goals and accomplishments, another manager entered the room, and asked me to wait before I start over while she read my resume. It progressively went down hill from that point forward. All of the interview questions were vague, unorganized, and poorly stated. When I asked what the daily duties/activities of the position I was applying for entailed. The first program manager stated, " I am not sure." "The program is expanding, so we are not sure what the job entails." " Honestly, I don't even know what position you applied for." "Do you remember?" I was utterly blown away and speechless! Finally, I was told the director would see me; however, upon arriving to her office, I was informed she had left for the day. The program manager was confused and while searching for a viable excuse settled on, " she had a meeting, she had to go to." Wow! I was then told to contact H.R. to reschedule my interview. When I asked for a business card and contact person in a H.R., I was told, "well they will call you, if not call the main number." The following day, I attempted to contact H.R. and the recruiter to reschedule my interview, but never received a response to my emails. Undoubtedly, this is the most unprofessional, unorganized company I have ever interacted with as a paid career professional!

Interview Questions
    • What happens if you pass your state licensing exam and we only have positions available for unlicensed social workers. Because there a great difference in pay would you leave?   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in June 2012.

An Hr call to start with, a written test simple enough. Panel interview on basic stuff.
    At end it was declined because of H1 sponsorship.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2012.

Interview consisted of two people, 45 minutes of questions and answers, very pleasant atmosphere. At the end of the interview, I was asked to do a skills test which consisted of composing an email response to a complaint they had received and to compose a letter response with specific instructions. I felt there was not enough time to compose the two items. I was also asked to fill out a list of computer programs that I was familiar with. The skills portion of the interview was to be completed in 15 minutes which did not happen, more time was needed.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in February 2012.

The dumbest interview ever. No skills test, no knowledge regarding industry test. only general questions. 15 mins interview and u get hired. The people with no experience were also hired and they are still surviving even though they presented false resume.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult or Unexpected Question asked. The interview had very less knowledge about the company   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2011.

I applied for the position on their website online. I was contacted two days later and had a phone screening interview with a recruiter. A week later, i was contacted by the Manager of the department. She interviewed me for 45 minutes. I felt it was a good interview and also because she closed the interview explaining the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was not offered the position BUT they explained that they wanted to pursue me for a different upcoming position and that i would be contacted the following week to discuss. I asked what type of position this was but she couldn't explain because it was not finalized but it was still within the previous Managers dept.

A different recruiter contacted me the following week and scheduled another phone interview for me a few days later. The interview was short as she understood i was being pursued for this position. I was told that I would have to interview with the Director and she would pass my interview information along and she would contact me to schedule the face-to-face interview. The following day, I was called back and told they were unable to schedule the interview and the Director decided to make me an offer as i came highly recommended from the other interviewers.

3 phone interviews. No face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult situation that needed customer service right away?   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in September 2011.

I submitted my resume online for a Human Resources position which was posted as a temporary assignment. I received a call from the Recruiter on the same day of my resume submission, in order to agree upon a phone interview date. We agreed on a date, which happened to be the very next day. I was sent an application and was instructed to complete and return prior to the phone interview, which I did.

The Recruiter called at the exact time agreed on, and phone interview lasted approximately 35 minutes,
    The questions were primarily focused on the basic qualifications of the position and a few behavioral questions. When the phone interview concluded, I was informed that I would receive a call within the week if I was further considered for an in-person interview. I received a call from the Recruiter within 3 days of the phone interview and was invited for a personal interview.

I received an email confirmation of the pertinent details for the interview, which was very helpful. I arrived for my scheduled interview 10 minutes early, and was warmly greeted by the receptionist who was very professional and personable. She announced to the interviewer that I had arrived, made a name tag for me and asked me to be seated.

The interviewer appeared in the lobby to greet me 15 minutes later than the scheduled time and escorted me to her office. When I arrived in the interviewers office, I saw that my resume was visible on the computer monitor, I was asked to be seated and the questions began. The first question was when did you leave your job, which was reflected on the resume, which indicated to me that it had not been reviewed very well. It went downhill from there, because the interviewer seemed to be stuck on the last time I worked, which was in first quarter 2010. It began to feel like an inquisition and it didn't seem to matter that I was unemployed due to "no fault" of my own (company relocated out of state), I had the inclination to ask if they were aware of what's going on around the WORLD, as it relates to employment. The interview proceeded on with standard behavioral type questions, but I was amazed that the interviewer flipped through papers that had questions on them, but couldn't seem to decide on which question to ask, because they openly kept saying "Hmm....which question do I want to ask ?" I thought this was very unprofessional and unprepared. The ultimate rudeness was taking a call in the midst of the interview. What's the purpose of voice mail?

Ultimately, I was not offered the position, which I am pleased about because I really want to work but not for unprofessional people, even if it is a temporary assignment. As a job seeker, I observe the words and actions of the people I meet with, the same way they're observing me.

I can see why this place has a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions
    • Can you recall a time that you had to work with less? What was it? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Molina Healthcare in September 2011.

Phone screen with recruiter, no sense of humor, followed a script and was obsessed with my previous salaries and why I moved to different jobs. Would not reveal their salary offer and when he eventually did, it is 20k below market. He did not seem to understand why I went to work for a competitor company in another industry and overall, did not seem to have much creativity or human understanding. I say this based on the questions asked. They were not from someone with much experience.

Interview Questions
    • How is your consulting business going. (asked even though we are in a recession!!)   Answer Question
    • What was your last salary. Why did you change jobs.   Answer Question