Molina Healthcare

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Process consisted of 3 interviews. 1 with AVP and 2 with Regional Directors. They were not very formal the questions were mainly to match your skill set up with the position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not great. They try to force a salary on you and it is usually lower than industry standard.

Health Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Referred from a staffing agency, I had an initial phone interview with one of the hiring managers. During the phone interview I was asked mostly about my previous experience and was given a thorough run through of the job expectations and functions. Face to face interview came two days later. Checked in at the reception 10mins early than my appt and waited for a few minutes before I was told to take the elevator to the 4th floor I believe where I was met by two hiring managers. I was asked the typical interview questions, what would my manager day about me, why should we hire you etc. The hiring managers that interviewed me were very personable and friendly. I got a call a few hours after the interview stating I was being offered the position.

Technical Analyst? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in March 2014.

Contacted by phone after an employee saw my resume. Called in to interview within a few days. Panel of 4 for a two hour interview. Received a call two days later with a job offer.

The first phone call was a short phone screen: asked about my resume and then a few technical questions on OOP. They decided to continue forward and scheduled an in-person interview (details sent in an email for confirmation).

I interviewed with a panel of four people, one of who was the manager. We took turns asking about my resume and myself. After maybe about 20-30min, they moved onto technical questions. The team asked 4-5 smaller questions and then the manager moved us to the white board for another 4-5 questions. I struggled a few times (the questions were fairly simple in hindsight) as my nervousness increased, but they were kind and helpful whenever I was stuck. I remembered to ask questions and to comment on the things I wrote or what I was thinking. In turn, I was given tips and hints.

Having completed the run of technical questions, the manager and I discussed job details and then he showed me around the office/work area and introduced me to the team I would be working with. The in-person interview was roughly two hours long.

A few days after the interview, I received a call with an offer. They really enjoyed the interview with me and even raised the initial salary they had offered by quite a lot. However, I opted to decline as the job position wasn't one that I was looking for.

There were two downsides: they never told me the job title until I asked (and they had trouble describing the details of the job) and they rushed me for an answer to their offer (I was given one day to think about it) when I told them I was also interviewing with another company.

But, all in all, a nice and fast experience.

Attire: Business Casual

Interview Questions
    • Given a website with static html pages and a list of words to censor, mark all pages that have a censored word. What is the best O-notation you can come up with?   Answer Question

Not the position I was looking for.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

Just one phone interview with the manager. 20 minutes of blah, blah. No feedback from her. 3 months later, I was awarded the contract. No face to face at all. The project was in flames and they needed a firefighter ASAP.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. She seemed to appreciate my sense of humor, though.   Answer Question
    My head-hunter did all the dirty work.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in October 2013.

Contacted to attend a 1 hour on site interview. Interviewed with two PMs. The hiring manager got called into another meeting. I was asked to come back to speak with the hiring manager but Molina hired another person. Molina is very unprofessional.

Temp Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Molina Healthcare.

I applied online and got a call from a recruiter. I did a short interview with her. I was asked about my past work experience and experience with Excel. I was then told I would have phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. That interview went good, I was asked why I wanted to work there and again questions about my experience. I got a call from the recruiter shortly after telling me I got the job.

Configuration Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in September 2010.

The interview process was very lengthy due to the fact that they not only run a background check but they also have a slow HR process that takes a long time to run all the documentation for an applicant and after they make the offer they make you wait about two more weeks.

Interview Questions
    • what do you do with a bad report, where do you get research from   View Answer
    easy

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in November 2012.

Contacted through agency, first interview with team lead as screen. Was enthusiastic about bringing me onboard, but warned that he did not understand hiring/department manager questions and style and why the two seemed out of synch. Two weeks later, met with department manager and PMO lead. He was quiet, she was scattered and bossy. More of a challenge interview, "I don't like you so convince to hire you" versus "I need help, how can you help me"

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but more of a why, "Tell me the most important deliverable for a kickoff meeting"   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in June 2012.

An Hr call to start with, a written test simple enough. Panel interview on basic stuff.
    At end it was declined because of H1 sponsorship.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Molina Healthcare in June 2012.

I arrived promptly for my 5:00pm interview with the program director, which was scheduled and confirmed via phone conversation and email by the company recruiter. Upon entering the lobby I was politely greeted by the receptionist who had a printed name tag waiting for me. The tag had my name misspelled, which was the first of several unprofessional behavior/practice to be demonstrated that day. After several minutes I was greeted by a very pleasant young women who introduced herself as the program director's assistant. Thereafter, she walked me to the program director's office for my scheduled interview. Upon knocking on the door and informing the director I was there for my scheduled interview, the assistant was giving a hand wave and told she was busy. The assistant was clearly embarrassed and had me wait in her office with her while she attempted to make amends for her bosses unprofessional behavior. During this time, the assistant offered polite conversation, was very professional, and was genuinely sympathetic to my situation. After waiting for 10 minutes, I was told the program director would meet with me after I met with the program managers. Subsequently, I was taken to the meet the program managers as the assistant told me what an amazing company Molina was to work for. I was introduced to the program manager who started the interview with the never fail, "tell me about yourself?" As I briefly highlighted my career goals and accomplishments, another manager entered the room, and asked me to wait before I start over while she read my resume. It progressively went down hill from that point forward. All of the interview questions were vague, unorganized, and poorly stated. When I asked what the daily duties/activities of the position I was applying for entailed. The first program manager stated, " I am not sure." "The program is expanding, so we are not sure what the job entails." " Honestly, I don't even know what position you applied for." "Do you remember?" I was utterly blown away and speechless! Finally, I was told the director would see me; however, upon arriving to her office, I was informed she had left for the day. The program manager was confused and while searching for a viable excuse settled on, " she had a meeting, she had to go to." Wow! I was then told to contact H.R. to reschedule my interview. When I asked for a business card and contact person in a H.R., I was told, "well they will call you, if not call the main number." The following day, I attempted to contact H.R. and the recruiter to reschedule my interview, but never received a response to my emails. Undoubtedly, this is the most unprofessional, unorganized company I have ever interacted with as a paid career professional!

Interview Questions
    • What happens if you pass your state licensing exam and we only have positions available for unlicensed social workers. Because there a great difference in pay would you leave?   View Answer

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!