Momentive Interview Questions

2.9

Manufacturing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Momentive in November 2011.

I was referred to the position by a recruiter from a national firm. I met with three people during my interview.
     The only turnoff during the interview was someone answered a personal cellphone for a non-urgent call. The details of the job laid out were true to the actual requirements of the position. Each person was forthcoming about the downturn in business in the region. I was pursuing an MBA which, as I was told during the interview, would not be needed for the position. The offer and background process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more about being technically knowledgable and committed.   Answer Question

Technical Development Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Momentive.

Received a phone interview, followed by on site a week later. Lasted 2 hours, talked with HR, hiring manager, and upper management. HR rep and hiring manager was friendly, seemed like an ok place to work. Good development opportunities. Received an offer within the day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very detailed technical job related questions and some behavioral ones from HR.   Answer Question

Received better offer elsewhere. Wanted me to sign noncompete that lasts for one year.

R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Momentive in May 2014.

It was ridiculous. To many question unrelated to the job, to personal. It was almost like an interrogation for homicide. In all it was the dumbest interview i have ever had. Management needs coaching on their interviewing skills.

The bad reviews online.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Momentive in March 2013.

The interview process was quite smooth but had a lot of interviews.
    First two rounds on the phone with the HR and a headhunter then on site 4 interviews - pretty much one whole day.
    Fairly easy questions except for a couple surprises. They take a while before they tell you the decision - also you need to really follow up with regular emails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when your boss asked you to do something unethical- how did you react and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First round phone interview by HR, basically all the questions are behavior question. For instance, what's your favorite and lease favorite course, what strength or weakness do you have etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but a little tricky. The last question is have you ever heard Momentive before?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Interviewed with two people on a Friday afternoon. Very low key. Asked a few technical questions. Mostly behavioral based questions and looking to get to know candidate. Heard back from HR rep in less than a week with final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Three accounting statements and how do they work together?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Momentive.

Sent in an application online. Week or so later got a call from an HR representative. Talked with them for about 45 minutes. I was invited for an on-site interview. Started off with a tour of the plant followed by interviews with 5 different people each lasting upwards of an hour.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Momentive.

After an initial phone interview, I was contacted within the stated time frame and asked to come in for an interview. The interview started on time and was kept within the time frame stated. Everyone was very friendly and informative.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a decision for your boss and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Master Black Belt Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Momentive in July 2011.

Started at 8:00am and ran to 4:00pm
    Interviewed with 6 key stake holders, very thorough

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your management style   Answer Question
    • Walk me through some projects you have completed that had significant results   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Momentive in July 2011.

Three interviews back-to-back. Each with a group.

Interview Questions

Worked for Momentive? Contribute to the Community!