Momentive

Very Easy Interview

Manufacturing Business Analyst Interview

Manufacturing Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Momentive in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position by a recruiter from a national firm. I met with three people during my interview.
 The only turnoff during the interview was someone answered a personal cellphone for a non-urgent call. The details of the job laid out were true to the actual requirements of the position. Each person was forthcoming about the downturn in business in the region. I was pursuing an MBA which, as I was told during the interview, would not be needed for the position. The offer and background process was quick.

Interview Question – The questions were more about being technically knowledgable and committed.   Answer Question

Technical Development Specialist Interview

Technical Development Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Momentive.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview, followed by on site a week later. Lasted 2 hours, talked with HR, hiring manager, and upper management. HR rep and hiring manager was friendly, seemed like an ok place to work. Good development opportunities. Received an offer within the day.

Interview Question – Asked very detailed technical job related questions and some behavioral ones from HR.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received better offer elsewhere. Wanted me to sign noncompete that lasts for one year.

R&D Lab Technician Interview

R&D Lab Technician
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Momentive in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was ridiculous. To many question unrelated to the job, to personal. It was almost like an interrogation for homicide. In all it was the dumbest interview i have ever had. Management needs coaching on their interviewing skills.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The bad reviews online.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Procurement Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Momentive in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite smooth but had a lot of interviews.
First two rounds on the phone with the HR and a headhunter then on site 4 interviews - pretty much one whole day.
Fairly easy questions except for a couple surprises. They take a while before they tell you the decision - also you need to really follow up with regular emails.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when your boss asked you to do something unethical- how did you react and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Momentive

Interview Details – First round phone interview by HR, basically all the questions are behavior question. For instance, what's your favorite and lease favorite course, what strength or weakness do you have etc.

Interview Question – Not difficult but a little tricky. The last question is have you ever heard Momentive before?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Momentive

Interview Details – Interviewed with two people on a Friday afternoon. Very low key. Asked a few technical questions. Mostly behavioral based questions and looking to get to know candidate. Heard back from HR rep in less than a week with final decision.

Interview Question – Three accounting statements and how do they work together?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Momentive.

Interview Details – Sent in an application online. Week or so later got a call from an HR representative. Talked with them for about 45 minutes. I was invited for an on-site interview. Started off with a tour of the plant followed by interviews with 5 different people each lasting upwards of an hour.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a stubborn operator?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Momentive.

Interview Details – After an initial phone interview, I was contacted within the stated time frame and asked to come in for an interview. The interview started on time and was kept within the time frame stated. Everyone was very friendly and informative.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a decision for your boss and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Master Black Belt Interview

Master Black Belt

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Momentive in July 2011.

Interview Details – Started at 8:00am and ran to 4:00pm
Interviewed with 6 key stake holders, very thorough

Interview Questions

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Momentive in July 2011.

Interview Details – Three interviews back-to-back. Each with a group.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Worked for Momentive? Contribute to the Community!