Momentive Performance Materials

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Waterford, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had a 20 minute phone screen interview followed by two in-person interviews. The first on-site interview was with the hiring manager (nice guy) and it lasted one hour. The second on-site interview was with 6 different people (all brief, one-on-one interviews) followed by a brief meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – All questions were standard interview inquiries.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little wiggle room to negotiate. They definitely have a strict starting salary range.

Technologist Interview

Technologist
Waterford, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in March 2008.

Interview Details – The phone interview went well, it was with the hiring manager. The interview was set up 2 weeks later. There were 3 others interviewing at the same time. I gave a 45 minute presentation, and then proceeded to interview with a human resource employee, the project leader, 2 technologists, 2 managers and their manager.
The culture is very open and relaxed, and seem to be moving to their own style away from their former GE culture (which is a good thing).
 The people are very friendly. The facilities...are old (though they will open a brand new technology center in a few years).

Interview Question – Describe a situation in the past where you disagreed with a superior in terms of the direction of your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my only negative of the process. I attempted to negotiate for more vacation, but they were firm in not giving anything beyond the initial offer.

Worked for Momentive Performance Materials? Contribute to the Community!