Momentive Performance Materials

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Waterford, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had a 20 minute phone screen interview followed by two in-person interviews. The first on-site interview was with the hiring manager (nice guy) and it lasted one hour. The second on-site interview was with 6 different people (all brief, one-on-one interviews) followed by a brief meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – All questions were standard interview inquiries.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little wiggle room to negotiate. They definitely have a strict starting salary range.

CPS Intern Interview

CPS Intern
Strongsville, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was called by an HR representative where I was asked a number of questions based on the resume I sent for an initial screening. They followed up with a phone interview with 2 engineers, who asked me similar questions, and told me about the projects I would be working on. It was pretty painless.

Interview Question – Describe this experience on your resume, and what laboratory skills you learned.   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is not different from every other interviews i have had in the past. I applied for this position via my college Career Link and received an e-mail three weeks after for a phone interview. Interview questions were based off my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

Technologist Interview

Technologist
Waterford, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in March 2008.

Interview Details – The phone interview went well, it was with the hiring manager. The interview was set up 2 weeks later. There were 3 others interviewing at the same time. I gave a 45 minute presentation, and then proceeded to interview with a human resource employee, the project leader, 2 technologists, 2 managers and their manager.
The culture is very open and relaxed, and seem to be moving to their own style away from their former GE culture (which is a good thing).
 The people are very friendly. The facilities...are old (though they will open a brand new technology center in a few years).

Interview Question – Describe a situation in the past where you disagreed with a superior in terms of the direction of your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my only negative of the process. I attempted to negotiate for more vacation, but they were firm in not giving anything beyond the initial offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in May 2009.

Interview Details – Line manager interview followed by hr manager interview, a few days later CFO interview. Practice a one over line manager, 2 person confirmation process. Straight forward questions, very job oriented queries, without going through too much small talk

Interview Question – Questions were mainly on work related, finance knowledge, nothing especially tough   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, base salary was 50% up

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Process moved very quickly. I did a phone interview with the project leader, team manager (within the same week) and then 2 weeks later was brought on site for a group interview. The interview was long (met with all the team members) but it was good getting to meet all the members I would be working with. Questions were not too complicated mainly just "tell me about your resume, how you behave in certain situations, and how well do you work independently". I then got a call from them about 2 weeks after.

Interview Question – Do you think you will ever get bored in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating at all.

Worked for Momentive Performance Materials? Contribute to the Community!