Momentive Performance Materials Quartz

Candidate Interview Review

Advanced Chemical Engineer R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Momentive Performance Materials Quartz in April 2010.

The process started with a 1.5 hour interview. The two individuals doing the phone interview went over every single letter and punctuation mark of my resume. Kind of put me on trial and seemed like they were testing me.

They got back to me within two days asking for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of a 45 minute presentation with questions. Two of the people kept going after me with silly questions seeming to try and show what they knew.

The rest of the interview consisted of 8 individual interviews.

Momentive used strategy in setting up the interview. After being grilled by five people the HR specialist tried to extract every piece of info from me about past compensation.

The last two interviews of the eight were the hiring managers.

By this point you are burnt out and can barely talk!

The hiring manager was really all about testing you and proving how much he knew. I mean, I can see a couple of questions about how I would handle situations, but a verbal test?

Ridiculous interview process.

Company appears to barely be making it! THEY EVEN TOLD ME THEY HAVE FIRED NEW HIRES IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!

Interview Questions
    • confrontational and seems like they are quizing you.   View Answer