Momentive Specialty Chemicals Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.9

Chemical Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals.

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview at plant. Interviewed first by production superintendent, then two more separate interviews by two groups of two people. Interviews consisted of basic interview questions that were not too difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were extremely difficult to answer. As long as you remain calm, prepare yourself for the interview process you should be fine.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry chemical operator positions.

Technical Development Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals.

I interviewed with Senior Researcher as well as Technical Manager. After a successful interview with them I interviewed with HR. They did a background check and also checked my references. You then go for a drug test. Make sure you know everything on your resume, cause you will be questioned about it. If you dont remember anything about your internship in organic chemistry don't put it on there (or at least brush up on it) as you might be asked to draw a structure or two. All depends on what is on your resume, so be sure you know it.
    They were very polite, asked if I had any questions (which I did) and also showed me around the lab facility where I would be working.

Process Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals.

The interview process was very specific. You had to show up at a location and time and they interviewed groups of people at a time. The whole process was very good and professional. They sent mass emails about when and where to show up. The security was heavy at the facility so someone had to bring you in and out. Once you were in the facility you could not leave unless it was an emergency.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real technical questions just questions trying to get to know your character.   Answer Question

Technical Development Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals.

Received a phone interview, followed by on site a week later. Lasted 2 hours, talked with HR, hiring manager, and upper management. HR rep and hiring manager was friendly, seemed like an ok place to work. Good development opportunities. Received an offer within the day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very detailed technical job related questions and some behavioral ones from HR.   Answer Question

Received better offer elsewhere. Wanted me to sign noncompete that lasts for one year.

R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals in May 2014.

It was ridiculous. To many question unrelated to the job, to personal. It was almost like an interrogation for homicide. In all it was the dumbest interview i have ever had. Management needs coaching on their interviewing skills.

The bad reviews online.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals in May 2014.

First I applied online. I then received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked many hypotheticals (e.g. What would you do if...?). At the end of the interview I was told if I showed as a strong candidate they would fly me down to Houston, TX for an onsite interview. I received the call and was flown down. The following day I interviewed with 10 people in groups of 3 or 4. Each group had at least one HR Rep and one Engineer present. I was then asked for my experience, what I learned from those experience and some hypotheticals. After finishing the interview I was told in 2 weeks I would receive a phone call letting me know if I received the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a union employee shows up to work intoxicated?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First round phone interview by HR, basically all the questions are behavior question. For instance, what's your favorite and lease favorite course, what strength or weakness do you have etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but a little tricky. The last question is have you ever heard Momentive before?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Interviewed with two people on a Friday afternoon. Very low key. Asked a few technical questions. Mostly behavioral based questions and looking to get to know candidate. Heard back from HR rep in less than a week with final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Three accounting statements and how do they work together?   Answer Question

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals in March 2013.

The interview process was quite smooth but had a lot of interviews.
    First two rounds on the phone with the HR and a headhunter then on site 4 interviews - pretty much one whole day.
    Fairly easy questions except for a couple surprises. They take a while before they tell you the decision - also you need to really follow up with regular emails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when your boss asked you to do something unethical- how did you react and what did you do?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Momentive Specialty Chemicals.

Sent in an application online. Week or so later got a call from an HR representative. Talked with them for about 45 minutes. I was invited for an on-site interview. Started off with a tour of the plant followed by interviews with 5 different people each lasting upwards of an hour.