Monarch Beverage

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.6

Wine Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monarch Beverage in May 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Do we have the blessing of your current employer to hire you? I wanted to wait until there was something to tell my current employer before I told him I was interviewing for another job. I knew that if I told him I was looking for something else it would affect my shifts scheduled and make my job generally unpleasant until I left. Monarch made it clear that they wouldn't even consider me until they had permission from my employer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Talked to recruiter at a job fair then scheduled a interview. I was interviewed by a near fresh out of school young woman probably around 24 years old.

Interview Questions
    • give us an example of a challenge you were confronted with and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monarch Beverage in January 2012.

The interview process is long, tedious and outdated, which is surprising for a company of this stature. First, I had to take an online skills assessment test in Photoshop and Illustrator 8, which came out in 1998. Then, the recruiting manager called me to set up an appointment. She interviewed me to see if I was a good fit for the company, to see if I'd fit in with their "culture" and stressed that Monarch had "high standards for hiring." She asked me to tell her about myself and didn't really ask anything insightful. I showed her my portfolio briefly. She said that the creative director wanted to meet with me, but she had to run my background check before she could set the appointment. I met with the creative director who was bright, progressive, talented and seemed very committed to a high standard of work. We clicked. I liked him a lot. I presented to him and then left. The next day, I was sent a link to take another assessment. The first part was a proficiency test in Microsoft Word, the next part was about sales - which I had no idea about... it was all math about percentages, etc. Then there was a word test like on the SATs and then there was a personality test. The whole thing took about 2 hours to complete. The questions were about what you'd expect. Vague statements that are intended to shed some sort of light about what kind of a person you are - in your last job, did you work harder or about the same as the rest of the people you worked with? I had no idea how to answer any of this, so I answered honestly. But as always, the questions could have been interpreted in many ways. After that test, the recruiting manager and creative director (who again reminded me that Monarch has a high standard for hiring) had to put together a report that would be presented to the CEO, who is very picky about who he hires. If you're not completely squeaky clean, don't even bother. They check your credit, college, driver's record, call all of your past employers, references, make you take a bunch of tests. All in all, I had eight hours invested in this process. The interview with the guy I would have actually been working for was great. He was pleasant and it was relevant. The rest was a waste of everyone's time and resources. But they have high standards for hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monarch Beverage in July 2010.

I had to keep calling and calling the recruiter. I realize that he is a busy man, but he was horrible at returning calls and following up. The whole process to longer then it should have.

There wasn't a negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monarch Beverage in January 2010.

The entire interview process took way too long. The head of HR was very difficult to get ahold and very poor in returning phone calls and emails. Meeting with sales management was a pleasure, and an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions
    There was not an opportunity to negotiate.

Customer Service Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Monarch Beverage in September 2012.

There was computer testing that had to be completed before you interviewed with anyone. Everyone there was very friendly and professional. I felt the actual interview was a little rushed. I really wasn't asked very many questions.

Interview Questions
    • I really wasn't asked very many questions. Just asked to explain my previous experience.   Answer Question