Monarch Recruitment

Monarch Recruitment Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monarch Recruitment

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Monarch Recruitment in July 2011.

Interview process was great. I applied via graduate-jobs.com and heard from Monarch quickly. The group interview was well structured, fun and thought provoking. The same day; 50mins later I was contacted by Monarch and arranged a second stage interview, which involved working at monarch for the day. Having a one on one interview and giving a presentation. The management were friendly, clear and professional. After the second stage interview I heard from Monarch the next day offering me a position. After being in the interview stages and seeing how the business worked and operated and interacting with the staff there I was more than happy to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I was invited to attend a group interview, which I was told all trainees are asked to attend.

The group interview was an enjoyable process (or as enjoyable as an interview can be) you are asked to carry out a group exercise and individual presentation which are both straight forward. You also get to meet some of the management team to ask them questions, which I found really useful to get a feel for the company.

The second interview process is really challenging. I have read some comments about it on this site some which are fair, some which seem to be by disgruntled people that have been turned down! It was made clear that recruitment is sales, and Monarch wants to make sure that they only recruit the best people. To make sure you come across well over the phone you are asked to make outbound sales calls throughout most of the day, then have a CV based interview. I haven't worked in recruitment previously, but that didn't matter, it was my personality and chracter and resillience that was being looked at.

The comments about the ethnic proportions of the office seem completely wrong to me as I met with two senior managers - one chinese, one asian - so the other comments seem a bit confusing!

Interview Questions
    • (group interview) 60 seconds on why you would be a successful recruitment consultants.   View Answer
    Negotiating the starting salary wasn't possible as all trainees are started on an £18k salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Monarch Recruitment in May 2011.

They found my CV online and contact me. I was scheduled for a group interview for the following week. When I arrived at Monarch, there was no reception or anyone to greet the candidates. We all sat around waiting for someone to acknowledge us. There were about 10 other candidates at the group interview. we had to
    -introduce ourselves
    -reinvent something in the room
    -do a presentation

Later that day I was contacted as I had made it to the second round. The second interview was scheduled for the same week.

When I arrived for the second interview, I was given a brief overview of the company and given 10 minutes to prepare for the calls I'd be making. I had to call real clients and used the live database. I'm not sure how many clients I called, but i did generate 4 solid leads and update the database. I was on the phone for 2.5 hours.

Afterwards, I had an interview with the team leader. He told me that 8 other candidates had been in that week for the same position. Now, assuming each candidate is on the phone for 2.5 hours, thats 20 hours of work that Monarch gets for free- which they advertise as an interview. And was for the 1 department in one week. there are still 2 more departments! The team leader was not very professional and asked inappropriate questions.

As previously stated, they are not a far representation of Birmingham at all!! quite disgusting to see!

Monarch sells themselves well during the group interview, but it was a complete let-down. The reason why Monarch offers free cake, beer and other incentives is because they need to con people into working for them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Monarch Recruitment in April 2011.

Phone interview: Average.

Group interview & Presentation: Consists of a panel of managers looking for people to jump and down like entertaining monkeys in a circus while the panel watch and judge a personality contest like onlookers visiting a Zoo.

Second Interview: Consisted of a day in the office working through a database of possible candidates mostly non-English speaking based all over the world.

Result: No offer due to not enough enthusiasm on the phone! Lol

Firstly, wasn’t told or briefed on how to do the job, what to say and how to do it.

However;

1) Made the highest amount of calls on that table ( 4 other recruiters )
    2) Highest call duration time.
    2) Cherry picked at least 5-6 candidates that are looking and are ideal for placements.
    3) Mostly didn’t understand English as they are based all over the globe.
    4) Network wasn’t great when speaking to someone in Malaysia on the mobile!

Conclusion;

Complete waste of time and a joke.
    The recruiters work from 7:30am - 8pm everyday
    Managers don’t call out at all, just listen in on calls and obviously reap the rewards of the young people brainwashed to believe they are running their own business and end up working like dogs.
    Did notice that most of the office staff were 98% white 2% ethnic minority. Which does NOT reflect Birmingham at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monarch Recruitment in August 2010.

Applied online, had a brief phone interview of general 'why applied to this job' questions (about 5-10mins) then offered a group interview in the offices. Interview consisted of background info of company and what the role would entail, then a group exercise. We were split into small groups and given the task of selecting any object from the room, and re-inventing it as something other than what it's original use was, and doing a group presentation/sales pitch for it. Then had to do a minute presentation on your unique selling points, why you would be the best etc.

Interview Questions
    • using examples from your background and personal life experiences, explain why you should be hired for this job.   Answer Question

Deloitte Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monarch Recruitment in December 2009.

One to one interview first stage. Pretty easy going with the interviewer trying to establish key skills that you have. From what I saw, if you are confident and can speak clearly whilst showing some intelligence you can make it through this round. I did little more than wiki the job for my research.

Interview Questions
    • Why you instead of the next person   Answer Question
    • Why this company (knowing you give the same answer to the other similar companies)   Answer Question